X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joeglum
    so if big Trev is so important what do we do next season as Larry and

Barry are different type players?
    Well Barry and Trev are very different players too so I don't see that necessarily as the problem @@@@SPAN style="font-style: italic;">per sé@@@@/SPAN>, the difficultly will be ensuring that Mafi and Murphy click and that Mafi develops his handling and defence. If he can do that then I think we'll have a centre partnership that'll have defences across Europe filling their shorts
    Is minic a bhris béal duine a shróin

Comment

Originally posted by Sarsfield
      True, but his strength and quick thinking made the BP try.
      Strength - certainly; but quick thinking? It happened in the 48th minute of the second half, it could have been a lot quicker! [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
      Munster - Incessant Perfervidity
      "Ireland Will Choke" - Jeremy Guscott

Comment

We'll find it very hard to replace Halstead, he's really added hugely to the team, but we do have players coming through.

I wonder if Dowling's future isn't at IC, he's strong, good tackler and like the hard yards (more than most wingers), moving him to the centre and bringing in O'Leary's and (reputedly) Earls pace on the wings?
        It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

This time last year we were in a far worse position so lets not get too negative. Its all about peaking at the right time. Look at the GP since they brought in play offs. The best side over the season has been robbed of the league title more times than not.

My computer thinks I'm gay
          What's the difference anyway
          When all the people do all day
          Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic

We'll find it very hard to replace Halstead, he's really added hugely to the team, but we do have players coming through.

I wonder if Dowling's future isn't at IC, he's strong, good tackler and like the hard yards (more than most wingers), moving him to the centre and bringing in O'Leary's and (reputedly) Earls pace on the wings?
            I'd be worried about Dowling at IC because he has a tendency to drift off and look inside him to much. If Payne wasn't around to tell him where to stand then I'd worry that he might be exposed overmuch. Frankly, I'm much more concerned about replacing Payne than I am Halstead. Halstead wins us games but Payne makes damn sure we don't lose them.

Comment

Originally posted by sewa

This time last year we were in a far worse position so lets not get too negative. Its all about peaking at the right time. Look at the GP since they brought in play offs. The best side over the season has been robbed of the league title more times than not.

Sewa, I don't think anyone is going postal here but it is an issue

Comment

If Big Trev moves off, I would say Munster will be in the market for an ICto replace him to be honest. To play Munsters style of game you need a big physical ball carrying first centre like Halstead to give the back line some penetration on 1st phase. The last try of last Saturday being a prime example of one of the ways they use such a player during a game, the try he scored in the final v BO another, etc, etc. 2 lighter and flightier centres such as Mafi & Murphy would not pose nearly the same threat together as putting one of them outside Halstead IMHO.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Originally posted by sewa

Sewa, I don't think anyone is going postal here but it is an issue

Fair point. I reckon we will see a big improvement in the pack when MOD, Foley, Fla, Horan and Fogs are back pushing for places. Mafi, TOL and Cullen will be pushing for inclusion too so should be interesting after christmas.

If he keeps playing like the last two games Quinnie will be pushing Best, Ferrisand Easterby very hard for the Irish side too.
                  My computer thinks I'm gay
                  What's the difference anyway
                  When all the people do all day
                  Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic

I'd be worried about Dowling at IC because he has a tendency to drift off and look inside him to much. If Payne wasn't around to tell him where to stand then I'd worry that he might be exposed overmuch. Frankly, I'm much more concerned about replacing Payne than I am Halstead. Halstead wins us games but Payne makes damn sure we don't lose them.

Perhaps, but Paynes being playing top level for 15 years. it's a huge shame he never got a chance for Ireland when he was young enough to take it.
                    It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Working...
                    X