Heineken Cup round 6 fixtures announced

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heineken Cup round 6 fixtures announced

ERC, the tournament organisers, today announced the confirmed dates, kick-off times and broadcast schedule for Round 6 of the Heineken Cup
    The two matches in each of the six Pools will kick-off simultaneously on the final weekend of Pool action for knock-out qualification which will climax in the London 07 final at Twickenham Stadium on Sunday, 20 May, 2007 (14.30).

The six Pool winners (ranked 1 to 6) and two best runners-up (ranked 7 and qualify for the quarter-finals with the top four ranked sides earning home advantage for the matches on the weekend of 30 / 31 March and 1 April, 2007.

HEINEKEN CUP 2006 / 2007 - (All kick-offs LOCAL times)

ROUND 6

@@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;">FRIDAY 19 JANUARY, 2007@@@@/SPAN>

Pool 2 Gloucester Rugby v Leinster - 19.30 Sky Sports/RTE*

Pool 2 Edinburgh v Agen - 19.30
    <br style="font-weight: bold;">@@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;">SATURDAY 20 JANUARY, 2007@@@@/SPAN>

Pool 1 Castres Olympique v London Wasps - 14.30 FR2/Sky Sports

Pool 1 Perpignan v Benetton Treviso - 14.30

Pool 3 Stade Français Paris v Rugby Calvisano - 16.30 Canal+

Pool 3 Sale Sharks v Ospreys - 15.30 Sky Sports

Pool 4 Cardiff Blues v Bourgoin - 17.35

@@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Pool 4 Munster v Leicester Tigers - 17.35 Sky Sports/RTE*@@@@/SPAN>
    <br style="font-weight: bold;">@@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;">SUNDAY 21 JANUARY, 2007@@@@/SPAN>

Pool 5 Llanelli Scarlets v London Irish - 13.00 Sky Sports

Pool 5 Toulouse v Ulster Rugby - 14.00

Pool 6 Overmach Rugby Parma v Border Reivers - 16.00

Pool 6 Northampton Saints v Biarritz Olympique - 15.00 Sky Sports/FR2

* Delayed

Please note that additional TV details will be announced as soon as confirmed.

QUARTER-FINALS

30 / 31 March / 1 April, 2007

SEMI-FINALS

21 / 22 April, 2007

HEINEKEN CUP ’07 FINAL

Sunday, 20 May, 2007 - Twickenham Stadium – 14.30

just booked the 1/4s flight to Cardiff for €120 return on Aer Aran. I know it might not happen but it might, and it might be played in Cardiff.

Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

I think I will have to drive across. If it is a home qf we will hav to have flags and banners.

Comment

Interesting schedule, handy for BO that they will be last in, knowing
        whether a win gets them a game against the weakest qualifiers or would
        a last minute injury to yachvilli be handy.

Handy for us too, awkward on Leinster, but seeing as its glaws
        preferred game time its not shocking. Leinster should be qualified.
        Interestingly though its quite possible that a number of teams could
        end up on 19 points, with the try count being crucial

Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

If we do get a home QF, I wouldn't be surprised if it was played in LR.

Comment

my money would be on CP.
            Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Originally posted by Skyhawk
              If we do get a home QF, I wouldn't be surprised if it was played in LR.

I would bet a large sum that it wouldn't be. That is the whole reason the FAI and IRFU are using CP i.e. that LR is unavailable. They aren't going to open that can of worms when they know that us Munster eejits will travel to outer Romania to watch Munster play.

Comment

Originally posted by glorob
                I think I will have to drive across. If it is a home qf we will hav to have flags and banners.

Any chance of a lift? [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X