Bourgoin v Munster - 11,000 tickets sold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bourgoin v Munster - 11,000 tickets sold

Bourgoin CSBJ are reporting that they have already sold 11,000 tickets between locals, Irish and Berjalliens. If this is the case, they may well hit the 20,000 mark by Jan 14. Stade de Genève holds 30,000 seats.

Bourgoin play Montauban away, next weekend, but are at home to Biarritz on Jan 5th in the French Championship.

Originally posted by Point
    Bourgoin CSBJ are reporting that they have already sold 11,000 tickets between locals, Irish and Berjalliens. If this is the case, they may well hit the 20,000 mark by Jan 14. Stade de Genève holds 30,000 seats.

"Berjaliens", thats a nice one. Do the Swiss know rugby exists? Maybe they are curious to have a look.I'd say there is a lot of Irish working for the EU in Brussels, Strasbourg etc. travelling fro this one, or people just based on the mainland. ( It f**king bugs me when I hear people say "Europe" when they mean the continental mainland, as if Europe was some other place they are not part of, aping the British outlook)

Incidentally, outisde of the six nations and Spain, what other countries have hosted a HEC game? I heard Switzerland was going to be the 11th , or something, country to host a game, but I can' think of the other ones.

Unrepentant Langer

Comment

Romania.

Comment

Are many more going to buy tickets after the hammering they got over the weekend ????....and I can't help but wonder how many of those Irish are not going to be able to travel after the date and time were announced .
        \"As she lay there dozing next to me, one voice inside my head kept saying, \'Relax, you\'re not the first doctor to sleep with one of his patients\', but the another kept reminding me, \' you are a veterinarian!\'\"

Comment

Ticketmaster rang me this morning to say they couldn't process my application as my VISA card wasn't accepted [img]smileys/mad.gif[/img]. Will have to try again.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts

"Berjalliens", thats a nice one. Do the Swiss know rugby exists? Maybe they are curious to have a look.
            That is actually the correct name for the inhabitants of Bourgoin-Jallieu PW. If you have a look at one the other Geneva threads you will see there are several active rugby clubs in Switzerland, so there will be a bit more than just a passing interest or curiosity value.

Comment

We got 8 tickets by registered post on Saturday morning from France Billets.
              Ticketmaster?
              Ticketshyster! Bloody service charge on a printable ticket my arse!

Hibernicis natione, Mumhan per gratiam Dei

Comment

Originally posted by Corker
                Ticketmaster rang me this morning to say they couldn't process my application as my VISA card wasn't accepted [img]smileys/mad.gif[/img]. Will have to try again.

I wonder is there another issue. A friend of mine got a similar call from Ticketmaster this morning, saying the last 4 digits of his card were wrong....in which case how did it get past the card checker on the web page ?

Comment

"Berjalliens", thats a nice one. Do the Swiss know rugby exists? Maybe they are curious to have a look.
                  That is actually the correct name for the inhabitants of Bourgoin-Jallieu PW. If you have a look at one the other Geneva threads you will see there are several active rugby clubs in Switzerland, so there will be a bit more than just a passing interest or curiosity value.
                  Don't forget that a large percentage of the cities population is made up of diplomats. So you'll have people from other 'rugby' countries that will snap up tickets, take their friends etc. Like my mate who works with the Irish mission to the UN.

Comment

Bourgoin CSBJ are reporting that they have already
                    sold 11,000 tickets between locals, Irish and Berjalliens. If this is
                    the case, they may well hit the 20,000 mark by Jan 14. Stade de Genève </font>holds 30,000 seats.</font>

Bourgoin play Montauban away, next weekend, but are at home to Biarritz on Jan 5th in the French Championship.
                    That is very hard to believe, no aliens like their rugby that much

Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Bourgoin CSBJ are reporting
                      that they have already sold 11,000 tickets between locals, Irish and
                      Berjalliens. If this is the case, they may well hit the 20,000 mark by
                      Jan 14. Stade de Genève </font>holds 30,000 seats.</font>

"Berjaliens", thats a nice one. Do the Swiss know rugby exists?
                      Maybe they are curious to have a look.I'd say there is a lot of
                      Irish working for the EU in Brussels, Strasbourg etc. travelling fro
                      this one, or people just based on the mainland. ( It f**king bugs me
                      when I hear people say "Europe" when they mean the continental
                      mainland, as if Europe was some other place they are not part of, aping
                      the British outlook)

Incidentally, outisde of the six nations and Spain, what other
                      countries have hosted a HEC game? I heard Switzerland was going to be
                      the 11th , or something, country to host a game, but I can' think of
                      the other ones.

SWitzerland will be the ninth, as wr says romania hosted some including the very first.

so 6N, romania, spain and now CH

Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

I wonder is there another issue. A friend of mine got a similar call from Ticketmaster this morning, saying the last 4 digits of his card were wrong....in which case how did it get past the card checker on the web page ?

You should be careful of calls like that. I got one last time around, suddenly got concerned about phishing/vishing. I know, I know, it was a fairly remote possibility. But anyway, I told the guy I'd call him back. Then I called VISA and they confirmed that there had been a rejected transaction an hour or 2 previously, and the figure agreed to my ticket request. She quoted me the card termination data I'd given and it was wrong. So I was happy then to call back and finalise the transaciton. But I must confess, I'm very wary these days....

Comment

Originally posted by acskerries

You should be careful of calls like that. I got one last time around, suddenly got concerned about phishing/vishing. I know, I know, it was a fairly remote possibility. But anyway, I told the guy I'd call him back. Then I called VISA and they confirmed that there had been a rejected transaction an hour or 2 previously, and the figure agreed to my ticket request. She quoted me the card termination data I'd given and it was wrong. So I was happy then to call back and finalise the transaciton. But I must confess, I'm very wary these days....

You're right to be, I used to work for a bank and our manager was even phished and to cap it all he was phished on his work e-mail address[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

Comment

Guess 10,000 are to Munster fans? Could have been 20,000 by now if the match was on a Saturday.....

Comment

unfortunatley not, Thomond Park only holds 13200, 15000 on agood day
                              they call it \'passion\', we call it pride

Comment

Working...
                              X