Bonus points are crucial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonus points are crucial

@@@@SPAN lang=EN-GB>That bonus point could be crucial. @@@@SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">@@@@/SPAN>Probably the hardest one we have earned yet. Thought we left late against @@@@/SPAN><xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img]smileys/surprised.gif[/img]ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]lace>@@@@SPAN lang=EN-GB>Sale@@@@/SPAN></st1[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]lace></st1:City>@@@@SPAN lang=EN-GB> last year, but we came good in the end.@@@@/SPAN>
    @@@@SPAN lang=EN-GB><o[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]></o[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]>@@@@/SPAN>
    @@@@SPAN lang=EN-GB>What we don’t want is to have to get a bonus point against the Tigers in the last pool game. We need to be among the top seeds for the 1/4s', and getthat home draw, even if its played in Millenium Stadium.@@@@/SPAN>
    @@@@SPAN lang=EN-GB>@@@@/SPAN>
    @@@@SPAN lang=EN-GB>Fair play to Cardiff they did not come here to be rolled over. They were fighting for pride, and Dai Young's job.@@@@/SPAN>

I'm fed up with all this Tigers shoite, I do agree that it's great if we don't have to be hunting for a bonus point.

We beat them over there, WE WILL beat them here too

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS. FEAR NO ONE

Con Artist

Comment

Worked hard for that win .Respect due to Cardiff.
      Stay cool .None of us are in the brain trust,right!

Comment

As well and all as Cardiff played and considering the the BP win, I'm still disappointed with our performance.
        We looked good in patches but we seemed to take our foot off at crucial times and let them back into the game - the 2 most obvious instances were short insides passes without looking by ROG and Murphy, one which let them clear their line and the other let them score.

Hurley looks a better scrummager than Puc at LH.
        Shameless self promotion time ladies and gents!
        Munster: Early Season
        Munster: Escape from Pool of Death
        Munster: HEC Champions 2007/2008
        Munster: Full Season Highlights.

Comment

I'm probably being terribly fussy here, but is it my imagination or is Puc terribly prone to losing the ball in contact?

True not our best display as regards consistency, but nonetheless we'll take the points
          Con Artist

Comment

The only incident with Puc that sticks in my mind re ball carrying was in the away match with Sale last year - nothing else, good or bad, comes to mind.
            Shameless self promotion time ladies and gents!
            Munster: Early Season
            Munster: Escape from Pool of Death
            Munster: HEC Champions 2007/2008
            Munster: Full Season Highlights.

Comment

Bonus points win was excellent but I'm not too sure about the decision making. We always went for the try even with 10+ minutes to go. POC said after he wanted to up the intensity from previous games but it could all have gone terrible wrong 10 mins from the end.

I thought since we were making silly errors we should have gone for the posts on at least 1 penalty just to stretch lead to 10. Then we could worry about the final try.

Comment

Originally posted by Valencia

I'm probably being terribly fussy here, but is it my imagination or is Puc terribly prone to losing the ball in contact?

Well, it happened at least twice tonight anyway.
                New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by stunmer

I thought since we were making silly errors we should have gone for the posts on at least 1 penalty just to stretch lead to 10. Then we could worry about the final try.

completely agree. we could easily have got the bonus point after securing the win. we went about it the wrong way

Comment

We let a poor team stay in contention way too long.The decision making re kicking for goal was atrocious and with 5 mins to go we could have ended up drawing a game we dominated.I don't know if DK has worked out some mathematical equation re bonus points but as regards the group we will have to beat Leicester to top it no matter how many BPs we get.

I'm uneasy with the thirst for BPs anyhow as it implies a lack of confidence in beating the Tigers at home.We should be playing to our strengths and not trying to be the Baa Baas in disguise.

Eamo
                    I believe that all government is evil, and that trying to improve it is largely a waste of time.
                    HL Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Eamo

We let a poor team stay in contention way too long.The decision making re kicking for goal was atrocious and with 5 mins to go we could have ended up drawing a game we dominated.I don't know if DK has worked out some mathematical equation re bonus points but as regards the group we will have to beat Leicester to top it no matter how many BPs we get.

I'm uneasy with the thirst for BPs anyhow as it implies a lack of confidence in beating the Tigers at home.We should be playing to our strengths and not trying to be the Baa Baas in disguise.

Eamo

Yeah, at one point in the second half, itturned into a Baa Baas match because Cardiff were doing everything to ensure that the forwards wuoldn't score four tries. Good that Munster can actually play that game (win or lose). A few years ago, they couldn't consider playing that type of game.

Good choice to go for the bonus point from the start to the end (despite leaving it to the last minute). After beating the Ospreys last year but not getting the bonus point, we were in big trouble. 5 points against Bourgoin should be sufficient for a 1/4 final regardless of the result against Leicester.

Comment

I'd agree that Jutge was no friend of Munster allowing Cardiff disrupt
                        the mauls like that. It was so illegal at times it was laugable. That
                        said we were also our own worst enemies. One moment stands out for me
                        late in 2nd half. Ball came out to Leamy or maybe it was Quinlan but
                        basic point remains the same. He was one on one with Blair (I think) a
                        metre short of try line &amp; he decides to float a pass out to Payne
                        without fixing the last defender. Pass forced Payne to check his run
                        &amp; Blair got in the tackle. Now leamy is a an absolute horse of a
                        man. A lock would have trouble stopping him getting over from a meter
                        out while a FB has no chance at all. We were trying to be too pretty
                        there. We wanted guys running in unopposed when at times the old
                        bulldozer would have yielded the points.

Anyway i suppose it's a good if our only complaint is that they're trying to be too creative.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again (like picking Gordon D'Arcy) and expecting different results.
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Valencia

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS. FEAR NO ONE

Fear everyone respect everyone or we will be one hit wonders
                          Is it only a game?
                          And its Thomond Park NOT Thomond

Comment

Originally posted by Cathal
                            the 2 most obvious instances were short insides passes without looking by ROG and Murphy, one which let them clear their line and the other let them score.

Wasn't it Payne, not Murphy, who turned that ball over?

Comment

Speaking of those passes, I thought ROG was unusually error-prone,
                              anyone remember his quick penalty, where he tried to take it
                              quickly, but just kicked it on 5 metres in front of him; luckily he was
                              quick enough to dive on it before anyone else.
                              Munster - Incessant Perfervidity
                              "Ireland Will Choke" - Jeremy Guscott

Comment

Working...
                              X