Shaun Payne

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaun Payne

The man just gets better and better. Granted a few kicks went wrong yesterday. But some of the high ball the man fielded and 'that' face first sliding pick up he made will remain with me for a very long time.

Such a pity he has never been capped. Still Ireland and South Africa loss has been most certaintly been Munsters gain!

We will find him very hard to replace when he does decide to hang up the boots.

<!-
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

\'For he that hath no stomach for this fight, let him depart\'.
    Henry V - Battle of Agincourt 1415

Just back from Cardiff...1st post Ive read..but agree with the bones of it..for me,he was our MOM Sunday....
    Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

The guy is top notch... he is consistently putting in the performances when he puts the red jersey on........
      He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by LLCOOLJ14
        Just back from Cardiff...1st post Ive read..but agree with the bones of it..for me,he was our MOM Sunday....

No the right man got MOTM but it would have been no surprise if he got it. It shows what kind of a player he is whan I was watching a ML match the commentator point out with some surprise that SP made a mistake
        Is it only a game?
        And its Thomond Park NOT Thomond

Comment

<!-
          var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
          var SymReal;

Sym()
          {
          window.open = SymWinOpen;
          if(SymReal != null)
          SymReal();
          }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
          {
          if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
          SymReal&#079;nLoad();
          window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
          SymReal = window.;
          window. = Sym;
          }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
          window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

he is pure class. would love to have seen him in his younger days with the sharks. hope he stays involved with the team when he retires
          |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^|
          | MUNSTER RUGBY| \'|\"\"\";.., ___.
          |_..._...______===|= _|__|..., ] |
          \"(@ )\'(@ )\"\"\"\"*|(@ )(@ )*****(@)

Comment

Is there anyone musings on his plans when he does retire?

Comment

There was an interview a while back were he said he had not decided if he was going to return to SA or not.
              Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud

There was an interview a while back were he said he had not decided if he was going to return to SA or not.
                Did I hear tell that his kids are in school here? or am I mixing him up with Séamus?
                Is minic a bhris béal duine a shróin

Comment

I think his Wife got a job in UL recently.
                  I distrust Camels and anybody else that go for 7 days without a drink

Comment

Well looking at the weather this morning, you could hardly blame him for going back to SA.........
                    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

i'd put shaun payne in the same category as girvan dempsey - solid as a rock defensively but lacks any serious threat in attack.

Comment

Originally posted by socks
                        i'd put shaun payne in the same category as girvan dempsey - solid as a rock defensively but lacks any serious threat in attack.

You might put them in the same category but if you had to pick a team and the only spot you hadn't filled was fullback and you had to choose from Girvan Dempesy or Shaun Payne who would you pick? I know which I'd pick his name is spelt differently to mine but sounds the same.
                        Is it only a game?
                        And its Thomond Park NOT Thomond

Comment

Payne must be one of the best overseas signing we have made ... Seamus, Langford , Dutchy , Mullins were all great servants and Payne is up there with them ... can't remember him having a bad game ...
                          The Mike Gibson Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by socks
                            i'd put shaun payne in the same category as girvan dempsey - solid as a rock defensively and seriously under-ratedin attack.

Fixed that for you.[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by seanp
                              You might put them in the same category but if you had to pick a team and the only spot you hadn't filled was fullback and you had to choose from Girvan Dempesy or Shaun Payne who would you pick? I know which I'd pick his name is spelt differently to mine but sounds the same.
                              i would have no problem with dempsey instead of payne.

maybe it's our crap backs coach so but shaun payne only scored 5 tries
                              last season and 5 before that - hardly outstanding. solid as a rock
                              defensively but limited in attack.

Comment

Working...
                              X