John Hayes, shagged out to stamina king

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Hayes, shagged out to stamina king

Don't know if this has been said elsewhere but who cares, it needs to keep being said. Two seasons ago John Hayes was on his last legs. Struggled to make 60 minutes, his body looked like he was collapsing and his physical demeanour looked like a man who was being asked to run a marathon while carrying a piano.

This past 12 months or so has seen an amazing turn around. Who'd have thought 2 seasons back it would be Hayes lasting the full 80 every time? Who'd have thought he'd be crunching big men backwards for a full 80 minutes? Scrummaging much more solidly (now he's got some proper support)? Carrying and clearing up the s**te?

The man has made an immense turn around. The work he does at lineout, ruck and maul has always been huge and shouldn't be underestimated just because it's not the fancy footwork you see from the girls. His defence is awesome. To see so many big players just driven backwards must lift everyone around him and it gives the confidence in the fringe defence to allow others to step across a bit more. But most of all it's that a man who's 33 years old and carrying somewhere around 19-20 stone is doing this immense physical work right up to the final whistle.

For me he's been the Irish player of the season so far.

Pure class. Its a pity he carried that knock into the Lions tour. He would walk into a Lions first team selection on current form.

My computer thinks I'm gay
    What's the difference anyway
    When all the people do all day
    Is stare into a phone

Comment

Pity he got stuck in such s**te packs for the lions. How come Rowntree, Titteralland Byrne played in those same done over scrums yet the Bull was the one who was responsible for all the problems. My arse was he!!

Comment

<DIV>The Bull is without question the unsung hero of the Munster squad. The work he gets through in a game is amazing, and it really has been a remarkable turnaround. If we were ever to go about making t-shirts like the leinsterfans have been known to do, the Bull would mostdefinitely be deserving.</DIV>
        <DIV></DIV>
        <DIV>Gwan Bull.</DIV>
        <DIV></DIV>
        <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
        http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
        </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

er ruck that's a cow, it's got teats.
          Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud
              So has Bull, have you not seen the photos? [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
              Munster - Incessant Perfervidity
              "Ireland Will Choke" - Jeremy Guscott

Comment

<DIV>
                Originally posted by McCloud
                </DIV>
                <DIV></DIV>
                <DIV>I don't care, the sentiment was right!! pedantic b*****d.</DIV>
                <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
                http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
                </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Omer

Don't know if this has been said elsewhere but who cares, it needs to keep being said. Two seasons ago John Hayes was on his last legs. Struggled to make 60 minutes, his body looked like he was collapsing and his physical demeanour looked like a man who was being asked to run a marathon while carrying a piano.

This past 12 months or so has seen an amazing turn around. Who'd have thought 2 seasons back it would be Hayes lasting the full 80 every time? Who'd have thought he'd be crunching big men backwards for a full 80 minutes? Scrummaging much more solidly (now he's got some proper support)? Carrying and clearing up the s**te?

The man has made an immense turn around. The work he does at lineout, ruck and maul has always been huge and shouldn't be underestimated just because it's not the fancy footwork you see from the girls. His defence is awesome. To see so many big players just driven backwards must lift everyone around him and it gives the confidence in the fringe defence to allow others to step across a bit more. But most of all it's that a man who's 33 years old and carrying somewhere around 19-20 stone is doing this immense physical work right up to the final whistle.

For me he's been the Irish player of the season so far.

For my money he was once overated, now he is underated, the lad has been doing really well and he never seems to get a break

Comment

Would have thought most of the married men on here know exactly why he's looking so fresh. Let's face it lads, you're riding all around you while you're engaged, but once she gets you down that isle...

...[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Errrr, not that this would nbecessarily reflect my experience mind...[img]smileys/redface.gif[/img]

Comment

He is the reason why teams dont beat Munster round the fringes. Anyone the runs into Bull is sent backward at pace. Legend
                      Dont need reason, dont need rhyme,
                      Aint nothin I would rather do,
                      Goin down, party time,
                      My friends are gonna be there too

I'm on a Highway to Hell ...

Comment

Definitely a legend Teats or no teats[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
                        \"As she lay there dozing next to me, one voice inside my head kept saying, \'Relax, you\'re not the first doctor to sleep with one of his patients\', but the another kept reminding me, \' you are a veterinarian!\'\"

Comment

@@@@SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: #4a4a4a; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">His team mates and coaches are his biggest fans and full of all positives things to say about the Bull. The only people that are critical are those they have no real appreciation for playing in the front row. His work rate is phenomenal, well done Bull another few years in ya yet.<xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img]smileys/surprised.gif[/img]ffice[img]smileys/surprised.gif[/img]ffice" /><o[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]></o[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]>@@@@/SPAN>

Comment

Pity he got stuck in such s**te packs for the lions. How come Rowntree, Titteralland Byrne played in those same done over scrums yet the Bull was the one who was responsible for all the problems. My arse was he!!

Hayes is in the form of his life.

He has raised his game extremely over the past 2 years. During the Lions tour, I don't know why but he looked tired. He was not responsible for all the problems but he was slow getting to rucks / mauls. Seemed to looked wrecked the whole time and uninterested.

He has improved imensely and is so vital for Munster and Ireland. Many of the forwards say when he is not playing they feel they are missing the cornerstone to the pack and lack the dominance which may not be so visible and obvious to viewers on TV.

Comment

You're detracting from your basic point trying to imply he's a good scrummager - he's not, Marconnet and Milloud consistently do him over, the latter doing ajob on him in Thomond a few weeks back. I'd agree that he's excellent at line-out time, mauling nad fring defence but he can't scrum, simple as. He's fortunate the scrum isn't as potent a weapon as it was 10 or 20 years ago. The same thing applies with Horan, with many posters on this site trying to make out he's an international class scrumagger - for all his excellent qualities, he's not a scrummager.
                              \"This year is different because this year they won\'t beat snow off a rope. They\'ll revert back to type and get 6 shades of s**t bate out of them in the group stages of the HEC ...\" Tobyglen 21 Sept 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X