Barry Murphy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barry Murphy

When will he be back playing again as his attackingskills was sadly missing from Munster's play in the game against Cardiff yesterday

Should be fit for next weekend.
    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud

Should be fit for next weekend.

Glad to hear that

Comment

Originally posted by Cool - Cat

When will he be back playing again as his attackingskills was sadly missing from Munster's play in the game against Cardiff yesterday

In fairness it was not a day for the backs yesterday other than in defence. They would hardly have seen the ball if the Blues had not kicked it to them. The conditions dictated the game. Mafi did well in the conditions and did not have any more handling errors than anyone else.

That said I would be delighted to see Murphy back.
        Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

Comment

Both centres handled poorly yesterday.

Comment

From the couple of games we've had to see of them I've developed the view that Murphy is the better OC and the better partner for Halstead. Mafi actually would be a good wing solution for us though. Now that's only my opinion but Mafi's running style is suited to space, he doesn't seem to run the lines and doesn't seem to have the ball in two hands, in and out, unpredictable running style that suits the more confined midfield. What Mafi does have is real pace and strength and I think we'd be mad not to make use of that, just on the wing. He might even prove to be a "missing piece" to the jigsaw the way Murphy (and to a lesser extent Dowling) did last season.

On which point, I can see why Dowling's been used in midfield by Shannon at times - his work in the closer spaces is very good, especially the way he gets in defensively and makes a real nuisance of himself.

Comment

Working...
            X