No announcement yet.

ROG re-signs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was he ever really going to go anywhere else? TBH I doubt he'd leave us.
    Biffo ate my future.

Comment

Ah, but where to now for Manning? that's almost as important as ROG re-signing.
      It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

How old is Manning 21?
        Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Born sept 11, 1985 (anyone else feel old?) so just gone 21.

There is no reason O'Gara won't be still gonig great in 4 years, is Manning to play AIL Div2 til then? I think he has the talent to make it, but without top level games how will he develop?
          It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Delighted to see ROG sign up with Ireland/Munster again, TBH I couldn't see him leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathy
              Delighted to see ROG sign up with Ireland/Munster again, TBH I couldn't see him leave.

I don't think he could either [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

he mentioned on rte i think it was the importance of munster in the decision. think he mentioned fans too.

takes a long time to post from psp!
                "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Stade Francais was a serious option as it was for O'Driscoll too. They were interested in both goingtogether apparently. I don't know how serious it was taken though.

Its up to Manning to play his way onto the team. As we know from our back row experience injuries (touch wood) always present options for players.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic

There is no reason O'Gara won't be still gonig great in 4 years, is Manning to play AIL Div2 til then? I think he has the talent to make it, but without top level games how will he develop?
                    He's young yet and, if past examples are anything to go by, will be moving on from UCC in the not-too-distant future. Of the players outside the matchday 15 himself and TOL get the most gametime. He's more or less guranteed a start if ROG isn't around and he'll usually get time at the end of games where we are winning well. To be honest, I'm more concerned about the development of a fullback or our backrows, none of whome have impressed me terribly (though Coughlan is very good with the ball in hand).
                    Is minic a bhris béal duine a shróin

Comment

Originally posted by Sarsfield
                      Originally posted by JoeyFantastic

He's young yet and, if past examples are anything to go by, will be moving on from UCC in the not-too-distant future. Of the players outside the matchday 15 himself and TOL get the most gametime. He's more or less guranteed a start if ROG isn't around and he'll usually get time at the end of games where we are winning well. To be honest, I'm more concerned about the development of a fullback or our backrows, none of whome have impressed me terribly (though Coughlan is very good with the ball in hand).

James Coughlan is a class act, he just needs to bulk up a bit but the talent is there.

Comment

Originally posted by Point

James Coughlan is a class act, he just needs to bulk up a bit but the talent is there.
                        I'd be inclined to agree. His breakdown play is still a bit weak but I reckon that's a function of his (relative) lack of bulk. He's certainly showing the most promise but he is 25, that's not @@@@SPAN style="font-style: italic;">terribly @@@@/SPAN>young. Hopefully the dev contract will give him the time and space to work on his power and his game generally. Does he play 8 with Dolphin?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarsfield

I'd be inclined to agree. His breakdown play is still a bit weak but I reckon that's a function of his (relative) lack of bulk. He's certainly showing the most promise but he is 25, that's not @@@@SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic">terribly @@@@/SPAN>young. Hopefully the dev contract will give him the time and space to work on his power and his game generally. Does he play 8 with Dolphin?

According to the deadsite he is 26 on Saturday, but one way to look at it is that he hasn't been burnt out early ! 6/7 years in pro rugby might be standard for a lot of players in the future. Looking one year ahead, Qunnie will be 33, Foley will be 34, and Wally will be 31. Thankfully Leamy will be only 26.

Comment

BTW, I didn't realise Foley's hometown was so tough on White trash ....

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/97_94.php [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

According to the deadsite he is 26 on Saturday, but one way to look at it is that he hasn't been burnt out early ! 6/7 years in pro rugby might be standard for a lot of players in the future. Looking one year ahead, Qunnie will be 33, Foley will be 34, and Wally will be 31. Thankfully Leamy will be only 26.
                              You see, this is why I am as concerned about our back row options as I am our options at prop and hooker (and ato a lesser extent, FB). With the exceptions of Donnacha Ryan and possibly Coughlan (for me the jury is still very much out on him) I don't see much coming through.

I don't @@@@SPAN style="font-style: italic;">necessarilly @@@@/SPAN>agree viz the life-span of pro players. How long have Kelly and Payne been playing pro now? Both are model professionals and have consistently performed (indeed I think Kelly's game has improved immensely over the last two seasons) for us. I genuinely hope Couglan and JOS make the step up for us. Likewise McGann

Comment

BTW, I didn't realise Foley's hometown was so tough on White trash ....

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/97_94.php [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
                                Fo' sho' homes [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X