Munster v. Connacht

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Munster v. Connacht

This game is absolutely crucial to us, we need to win to hope to overtake them, we need gametime prior to the HEC. Connacht have given us some very hard games over the last few years, there was thegame wherethe ref played 8 minutes of injury time to help us get a draw, there was the 0-3 "classic" in Athlone and last December again the ref helped us to a win. We must win this game, on paper we should win this game but Connacht will be playing for HEC rugby next year, it won't be easy.

Who of Saturday's team deserves to start against Connacht? Should Sheehan come back in? Murphy? Any news on Cullen? Who starts on the wings? Does Coughlan deserve a run with the full team? Should Hurley play ahead of Le Puc, seeing how he's irish qualified and is having a great season?
    It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

<DIV>We'll be back to as close to full strength as possible for this match, some of the players doing well will feel hard done by to drop to the bench or out of the squad completely. Frankie will definitely be ahead of Andy K, he's only on loan and it should be our priority to give our permanent players as much gametime as possible. I do like Andy K though and would like to see him maybe sign for Leinster or Connacht.</DIV>
    <DIV>Freddie will start and Hurley will be on the bench because of Marcus' injury. I'd like to seem him get at least 20 minutes though with a strong team.</DIV>
    <DIV>The backrow will pick iteself and i'd like to see Coughlan get the bench spot.</DIV>
    <DIV>In the backs, I think we actually have options for a change. I'll leave Cullen out right now as there's no mention of him anwhere of him being fit.</DIV>
    <DIV>We have to choose two from Halstead/Murphy/Mafi in the centres. the first two would get the nod from me. </DIV>
    <DIV>Then we also have the choice of Kelly/Dowling/Hoggie for the wings. I'd go with the first two again, but did somebody mention Dowling is actually injured?</DIV>
    <DIV>Payne obviously is the choice at fullback.</DIV>
    <DIV>If Dowling is injured, then Hoggie will start and we'll see Manning and Mafi on the bench, if not, Mafi and Hoggie will fight it out for the last bench spot. Mafi will probably win because Tomás can be wing cover as well as scrum half cover.</DIV>
    <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
    http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
    </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Dowling seemed to have a leg problem. Manning went off with a neck injury.
      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Any chance of maybe starting Hurley with Freddie on the bench? He looks like a genuine prospect and maybe he should be given the opportunity...

Comment

<DIV>I'd forgotten about Manning hurting his neck. Does anybody know anything about this? was he taken off as a precautionary measure or will he be out for a bit? </DIV>
          <DIV>With Rog back anyway, the reserve outhalf won't see the pitch unless we're far ahead with time on the clock or (god, allah, budha, mohammad forbid) Rog gets injured.</DIV>
          <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
          http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
          </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

if we dont have a full team ish then connacht will win-i watched them against cardiff away and they were unlucky not to win. as joey was saying above refs have cost them many many games

If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Comment

I'd go with Hurley and Hayes and put Timmy Ryan on the bench. Le Puc hasnt been great and these two young guys deserve the chance. Are people still interested in seeing Cullen come back yet again?

My computer thinks I'm gay
              What's the difference anyway
              When all the people do all day
              Is stare into a phone

Comment

I would go with as near the HC team as possible as the team need game time togther before the Cardiff clash.
                Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

Comment

I think you have to put on the team you hope (injuries accepted) would play in the HEC against Cardiff. Game time is needed.

Comment

Connacht will be up for this game for sure. We really need to be on the ball andbuild a lead early on. We donot want to get into a slug fight with them near the finish.

Comment

The situation is simple enough.
                      We must win, with a bonus point means we go ahead of Connaught.
                      But we need a win first of all.

Hibernicis natione, Mumhan per gratiam Dei

Comment

should I get tickets for this now, or would it be ok on the night??

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic

Who of Saturday's team deserves to start against Connacht? Should
                          Sheehan come back in? Murphy? Any news on Cullen? Who starts on the
                          wings? Does Coughlan deserve a run with the full team? Should Hurley
                          play ahead of Le Puc, seeing how he's irish qualified and is having a
                          great season?

I'd love to see Hurley get the nod over Puc. I think he fully deserves it on form.

Coughlan on the bench. Wouldnt mind seeing Manning get a shot behind a
                          full strenth pack but that's unlikely to happen given the importance of
                          the fixture.

*<!-
                          var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                          var SymReal;

Sym()
                          {
                          window.open = SymWinOpen;
                          if(SymReal != null)
                          SymReal();
                          }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                          {
                          if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
                          SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                          window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
                          SymReal = window.;
                          window. = Sym;
                          }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
                          window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

Comment

We will need to be brutally strong to beat them.

A good test.

Comment

There`s no way Deccie will play Hurley ahead of Le Puc at this stage however deserved it may be. It will be the usual line up with the tightest calls between Hoggi/Dowling and Mafi/Murphy.

Murphy must have been disgusted last weekend given that he must have been hoping for a 1st cap and ended up getting a minute against the Hairsprays.

Comment

Working...
                              X