Munster 25 - Ospreys 20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Dog
    If Andy K is that good - and I'm not saying that he isn't - then why did Gaffney loan him to Munster ahead of Byren (i.e. is the Mullet better?)

Andy K since I've been watching him has impressed, he has improved his throwing and can make great progress with the ball in hand. Seems to be pretty fast and strong enough to break tackles.
    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Should Leinster go after Keriacou? I missed tonights game, but anytime I've seen him he's been pretty good. He's young and Irish qualified (as opposed to most of their front-rowers)

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

If Andy K is that good - and I'm not saying that he isn't - then why did Gaffney loan him to Munster ahead of Byren (i.e. is the Mullet better?)

He wants him to get some decent coaching before he goes back to play for Saracens! (also I'dbe fairly sureKidney wouldn't take Byrne)

Anyway, a win finally - thats a start, and seems like a fair improvement in performance based on commentary, although defence seemed to be asleep at times.

Comment

Noted in the program that he played under 21's for England is he stillable to qualify for Ireland?

Comment

Perhaps he felt training with POC and DOC would be better for a young guy coming through than a guy at the end of his career. Also, all Andy K shows is potential, he isn't good enough for top level GP rugby week-in, week-out yet, so he's not a big loss to the Saracens squad.
            It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud
              Noted in the program that he played under 21's for England is he still*able to qualify for Ireland?
              Yeah, age grades don't count (afaik). Philpott, the Ulster and Ireland u-21 hooker, played u-19 for England.

He is qualified for Ireland, his grandmother is from Sligo, or so Kidney said.

Comment

I suspect it may be to do with the GPL salary cap - Gaffney is able to keep a third hooker match fit at another club's expense.
                New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

I suspect it may be to do with the GPL salary cap - Gaffney is able to keep a third hooker match fit at another club's expense.
                  Would he be on that much money?

Might just want to do us a favour so the next time we're offloading a talented academy player like F. Murphy, Reddan etc Saracens will get a look in.

Comment

We won. Improved performance. Move on.

Comment

Bit more to it than that DG. We looked as if we wanted to win big improvement[img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]

Comment

Didn't hear the result until late last night as I was at a function. Delighted to hear about the win which, at this stage, is the most importantthing. Performances can be worked on, but the points are absolutely crucial.

<!-
                        var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                        var SymReal;

Sym()
                        {
                        window.open = SymWinOpen;
                        if(SymReal != null)
                        SymReal();
                        }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                        {
                        if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
                        SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                        window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
                        SymReal = window.;
                        window. = Sym;
                        }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
                        window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

<!-
                        var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                        var SymReal;

Sym()
                        {
                        window.open = SymWinOpen;
                        if(SymReal != null)
                        SymReal();
                        }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                        {
                        if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
                        SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                        window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
                        SymReal = window.;
                        window. = Sym;
                        }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
                        window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->
                        "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                        Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud
                          Bit more to it than that DG. We looked as if we wanted to win big improvement[img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]
                          Agreed. More dog from Wyatt particularly.

Scrum was very solid. Lineout pretty good. Andy K. went well in the loose. McGann and Coughlan were busy.

Manning mixed and varied his game so much better. Centres were good. Hoggy ran well - accelerating into contact and doing damage. Champers was champers.

PUC and Quinnie saw red mist at times.

All in it was encouraging.

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G
                            We won. Improved performance. Move on.

?????????????? People are only talking about the match!
                            Is it only a game?
                            And its Thomond Park NOT Thomond

Comment

Delighted to hear the result and the encouraging performance. The ML resurgence starts here! [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]
                              Hope Not Hate

Comment

O' Leary is quick, industrious, and brave but is pass is more irregular than a British Rail train. His break from a penalty led to the try so stick him on the wing where he can do some damage.

I thought Manning was outstanding and it is hard to judge his ability to release the back line when he isn't getting quick ball.

While some forwards played well I thought we weren't great at the breakdown. That said the Ospreys slowed the ball down a lot and the ref was a disgrace, he missed a couple of seriously high tackles as well as lots of niggly stuff.

The Ospreys put 2 moves together and scored 2 tries which is worrying. All in all an improved performance but plenty of room for development.

Comment

Working...
                                X