Munster 25 - Ospreys 20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Munster 25 - Ospreys 20

Munster managed a short but crucial victory in their race up the Magners League table.

Munster made the difference in the first half (22-7 at HT) before resisting an Ospreys come back in the second half. Manning scored most of Munster points while James Coughlan scored their only try of the game.

More detailed analysis to follow...

Missed the game and radio coverage, who played well?
    It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

not a bad game

they seemed up for it

good performances from coughlan, micko, manning and Hurley was very good I thought

Got the win anyway

To not give it everything, is to sacrifice the gift.

Comment

Pack were reasonably good when they put their minds to it. TO'L's passing is still wayward but he did some good work. Manning kicked well, but is not looking like he can get the best out of those o/side him. Ref missed buckets, but for both sides. Much, much, much killing & slowing down of ball went unpunished for too long. Payne his usual self.

Overall Ospreys deserved to get within 5; always felt Munster's pack could step it up when needed and to be honest it was a bonus point given away too cheaply IMHO. Lots of soft penalties conceded. The good thing was that earlier in the season this is probably a game the Ospreys would have stolen.

Comment

I thought everyone played better than they have in recent games. There was no bad performance.There seemed to be some urgency about the team and a will to win. I think DK gave them a good kick in the arse after the game with Llanelli. I had the impression someone told them shape up or ship out and they made a fair effort at shaping up. Even O Leary looked good at times but he is no scrum half.I still think he would make a very good winger.

One thing that would concern me is that we seemed to let things drift for a while in the second half. As Ozoyo pointed out we were comfortable at half time but there was only a score in it at the end.

Comment

Good to read that Coughlan played well again - he's a real prospect. Leicester better swoop quickly! [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
            New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

He showed up very well. Lots of carries and ground gained. Lots of hard work.I like O'Leary - I like the 'busy' 9 style and he's a decent footballer, but his pass is not improving and the clock has to be ticking on him as a 9. Shame we didn't see a bit more of Hickey. The more I see of Kyriacou, the more I like the guy.

Comment

Was it a BP win?

Comment

What do you think?
                  New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog

What do you think?

Good point

Comment

Hate to start with a negative but can't agree that tol played well. Aside from one break he is just too laboured at the base of the scrum/ruck and Manning suffers from his hit and miss passing. (I think we now know manning wears a scrum cap as he's afraid of tol's passes hitting him in the head!!!)

Onto the positives and the front row were definatelyon their game. I really think Andy K is a super signing considering flannery's injury. Both hurley and the puc (bar his sin bin) really put themselvesabout in the open and tackled superbly also. Wyatt improved greatly on his last outing and micko and quinny were top notch as always.

Comment

If Andy K is that good - and I'm not saying that he isn't - then why did Gaffney loan him to Munster ahead of Byren (i.e. is the Mullet better?)

Comment

Ali G wants to make sure he's still on all our Christmas card lists is why.[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Over all a good game. It was good to see that Munster wanted the win. After Ospreys scored a try munster went straight back and replyed with a try. Stand out players for me were Manning his kicking was excellent 3 penalties from the half way line and he was not afraid to put his body on the line when required. Osprey's targeted him in the begining but he played through it. Shaun Payne, Trevor Halstead and Mafi played well. Mafi looks a great prospect. Just probably needs a bit more time playing with the squad. Quinne, Andy K, JamesC and MO'D played and carried well. Great to see Anthony Horgan return and make good ground with the ball.

Negativepoints were that the 2 try's the Ospreys picked up were very soft. Straight run ins with no Munster defence in sight.

Also the ref appeared not to have heard of the high tackle law[img]smileys/thumb-down.gif[/img]

Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

There were indeed any number of head high hits put in tonight; it can be difficult though to pick up on some of them. When the defender is going in to try to wrap ball and all and prevent the offload and the attacker is both ducking into the challenge and swinging his arms and ball up high to set himself for the pop offload, things can get very messy...

...there weren't any really outrageousJohn The Baptist jobbies.

We'll get to see a few of those tomorrow no doubt.

Comment

Working...
                              X