<TD =line>Hurleys &amp; Earls In Munster Squad</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD =date>9 May 2007, 8:57 am</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD =author>By Pat Geraghty</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD =multimedia></TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD =abstract>Gerry Hurley (Garryowen), Denis Hurley (Cork Con) and Keith Earls (Thomond) are all included in a 28 strong Munster squad for the final game of the season against Glasgow Warriors at Musgrave Park on Saturday (5.30pm).</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD =article>Gerry played a starring role in Garryowen's AIB League final victory lastweekend while namesake Denisscored a try inthe course of an outstanding display for beaten finalists Cork Constitution. Also returning to the squad from injury is Shaun Payne who has been out of action since breaking a thumb against Cardiff in early March.

Munster: M Lawlor, S Payne, D Hurley, A Horgan, K Earls, I Dowling, J Kelly, B Murphy, L Mafi, J Manning, R O'Gara, G Hurley, B O'Meara, T O'Leary.
    J Hayes, F Pucciariello, T Buckley, F Roche, F Sheahan, D Fogarty, M O'Driscoll, D O'Callaghan, Paul O'Connell, D Leamy, A Quinlan, A Foley, J O'Sullivan, J Coughlan.</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

• Piquet
    replied
    Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

Denis Hurley.........contributed to Munster's quarter-final win with a sublime grubber kick that set up Doug Howlett's 62nd-minute try.
    That was right in front of me. Dougie pointed to where he wanted the ball and Dinny put it on the exact spot.

Happy days.

Leave a comment:

• Red Ghost
    replied
    I don't think he moved to 12 until his final season. He possibly should have done it sooner. I seem to remember thinking it suited him and us.

Leave a comment:

• BigLad
    replied
    Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
    Nice piece on Dinny up on RTÉ site:

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2018/...at-i-had-done/

The fifth day of April 2008 would alter Denis Hurley's career path. In front of 16,000 spectators at Kingsholm Stadium, he showed why Kidney had put so much faith in the callow back. He nearly got in for a try, made a potentially try-saving tackle on James Simpson-Daniel and contributed to Munster's quarter-final win with a sublime grubber kick that set up Doug Howlett's 62nd-minute try.
    I remember watching him in the 08/09 season wondering why he couldn’t catch high balls anymore. It says he moved to the wing but I thought he moved to Centre 12 for us which didn’t really work out

Leave a comment:

• Waterfordlad
    replied
    Nice piece on Dinny up on RTÉ site:

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2018/...at-i-had-done/

The fifth day of April 2008 would alter Denis Hurley's career path. In front of 16,000 spectators at Kingsholm Stadium, he showed why Kidney had put so much faith in the callow back. He nearly got in for a try, made a potentially try-saving tackle on James Simpson-Daniel and contributed to Munster's quarter-final win with a sublime grubber kick that set up Doug Howlett's 62nd-minute try.

Leave a comment:

• mtcmolloy
    replied

Originally posted by Dawn Run
    On mature reflection ( thanks B Linehan RIP), if Cullen and Halstead are leaving I suppose they'll make an appearance on the pitch on Sat.to allow us show our respect and appreciation and that would be right and proper.

Originally posted by Dawn Run
    On mature reflection ( thanks B Linehan RIP), if Cullen and Halstead are leaving I suppose they'll make an appearance on the pitch on Sat.to allow us show our respect and appreciation and that would be right and proper.

Very eager to give these guys a send off i see. i don't think munster owe a whole lot to CC.

Let's not live in the past here. I'm sure halstead knows how appreciated he is everytime he is in public.

This thread is about young Hurley, and I am thrilled with him but also think he is gonna be a real talent. He's 22 and has all the attributes for a big strong and great irish fullback, the likes of which I've never seen before.

I hope he has an absolute blinder, and if he does, I hope to god he doesn't get pulled off at the end for that has-been's swangsong.

Leave a comment:

• Corker
    replied
    Ah liathróidí

Leave a comment:

• Siobhan
    replied

Originally posted by Corker
    Will this game be televised ?
    Not as far as I can tell, which as you can imagine I'm positively ecstatic about. [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Corker
    replied
    Will this game be televised ?

Leave a comment:

• McCloud
    replied
    When can we expect news on the Munster team?

Leave a comment:

• ick
    replied
    Glasgow Warriors Team to Play Munster

15 Francisco Leonelli

14 Rory Lamont
    13 Graeme Morrison
    12 Scott Barrow
    11 Thom Evans

10 Dan Parks
    9 Graeme Beveridge

1 Justin Va’a
    2 Scott Lawson
    3 Moray Low
    4 Andy Newman
    5 Alastair Kellock CAPTAIN
    6 Steve Swindall
    7 Donnie Macfadyen
    8 John Beattie

Substitutes

16 Fergus Thomson
    17 Kevin Tkachuk
    18 James Eddie
    19 John Barclay
    20 Andrew Wilson
    21 Colin Gregor
    22 Hefin O’Hare

Leave a comment:

• LLCOOLJ14
    replied

Originally posted by Corker
    Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon
    If Hurley starts and Earls doesn't it will be a disgrace.....it is great news for him tho, and I am taking nothing away from his good play this season, which I have read reports of.
    Agreed.

But he is only coming back from injury......having watched Earls a number of times this year, he is a great talent, but has a long way to go...I get the impression here people are expecting miracles from him...lets hope people dont expect too much too soon and let him develop.....

Leave a comment:

• Cathal
    replied
    Same Hurley alright, the wing/FB.
    Hasn't been mentioned on here, would be disappointed if it happened now that he'll probably be battling with Mossie for the FB slot.

Leave a comment:

• danthefan
    replied
    On of the Munster folk who posts on lf.com says Hurley (I think it's the same guy) is heading to Exeter next year.

Leave a comment:

• saarlander
    replied
    Originally posted by LLCOOLJ14

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic
    Cheers Bob.

Sad way for Cullen to end his career but I guess it was time.

Whats the thinking of not letting him finish his career/time with us infront of Munster fans athome? Verysad way for anyplayer to finish his time with any club....

Hehad the family over from NZ for the Dragons game. I assune it was what he wanted himself. It is typical of him, no bulls**t just get on with things.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X