Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice piece on Dinny up on RTÉ site:

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2018/...at-i-had-done/

The fifth day of April 2008 would alter Denis Hurley's career path. In front of 16,000 spectators at Kingsholm Stadium, he showed why Kidney had put so much faith in the callow back. He nearly got in for a try, made a potentially try-saving tackle on James Simpson-Daniel and contributed to Munster's quarter-final win with a sublime grubber kick that set up Doug Howlett's 62nd-minute try.
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
      Nice piece on Dinny up on RTÉ site:

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2018/...at-i-had-done/

The fifth day of April 2008 would alter Denis Hurley's career path. In front of 16,000 spectators at Kingsholm Stadium, he showed why Kidney had put so much faith in the callow back. He nearly got in for a try, made a potentially try-saving tackle on James Simpson-Daniel and contributed to Munster's quarter-final win with a sublime grubber kick that set up Doug Howlett's 62nd-minute try.
      I remember watching him in the 08/09 season wondering why he couldn’t catch high balls anymore. It says he moved to the wing but I thought he moved to Centre 12 for us which didn’t really work out

Comment

I don't think he moved to 12 until his final season. He possibly should have done it sooner. I seem to remember thinking it suited him and us.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

Denis Hurley.........contributed to Munster's quarter-final win with a sublime grubber kick that set up Doug Howlett's 62nd-minute try.
          That was right in front of me. Dougie pointed to where he wanted the ball and Dinny put it on the exact spot.

Happy days.

Comment

Working...
          X