• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic
    Originally posted by sewa

If you accept Warick should be 2nd choice on merit
    the question then stands Joey? Why should we sacrifice results to
    bring through a 10 for Ireland. Ulster wont do it with Wallace.
    Leinster wont even include Sexton or Dunne in 26 man squads ahead
    of the woeful, non kicking, imitation out half Warner.

Perhaps we should focus on trying to win the ML next season and
    leave the developing young players to other provinces. Its clearly
    what the other provinces are doing*from their recruitment. Why
    should we care?
    I don't think we are sacrificing results
    by playing Manning, imo, O'Leary more or less directly cost us 2
    ML games this season, not Manning.
    Now, I'm delighted O'Leary
    is finding form and getting a shot at an Ireland shirt but against
    Llanelli away and Cardiff at home he couldn't kick, break or pass and
    it killed everyone outside him. I'm not looking to tar the guy, but he
    was incredibly poor in those games, virtually everyone I spoke to
    about it agreed.
    Can't agree here Joey. He was out of his depth against Leinster in LR
    in October and cost us a seven pointer with a missed tackle.
    However, I have to say that he is still very young and as has been
    said earlier is no worse than O'Gara at the same age.
    If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.

Comment

Payne unlikely to start apparently- his hand is still not right.

"I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
      Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Manning is what, 21? How much rugby was ROG playing when he was 21? Manning has had a couple of chances, if he was on form and good enough he could have started about 10 ML games this year. Sub for Munster when you're missing your internationals to 1st choice for Ireland is a big step.

Comment

If SP is going, I hope we get the chance to say thank you and Bon Voyage.

I'd much prefer he stays though.
          PAUL O'CONNELL KNOWS MY NAME, HE NEEDED IT FOR THE RESTRAINING ORDER!

Comment

Originally posted by NiallGK
            Originally posted by sewa

If you accept Warick should be 2nd choice on merit
            the question then stands Joey? Why should we sacrifice results to
            bring through a 10 for Ireland. Ulster wont do it with Wallace.
            Leinster wont even include Sexton or Dunne in 26 man squads ahead
            of the woeful, non kicking, imitation out half Warner.

Perhaps we should focus on trying to win the ML next season and
            leave the developing young players to other provinces. Its clearly
            what the other provinces are doing*from their recruitment. Why
            should we care?
            I don't think we are sacrificing results
            by playing Manning, imo, O'Leary more or less directly cost us 2
            ML games this season, not Manning.
            Now, I'm delighted O'Leary
            is finding form and getting a shot at an Ireland shirt but against
            Llanelli away and Cardiff at home he couldn't kick, break or pass and
            it killed everyone outside him. I'm not looking to tar the guy, but he
            was incredibly poor in those games, virtually everyone I spoke to
            about it agreed.
            Can't agree here Joey. He was out of his depth against Leinster in LR
            in October and cost us a seven pointer with a missed tackle.
            However, I have to say that he is still very young and as has been
            said earlier is no worse than O'Gara at the same age.
            Actually you're right on that, but he was playing fullback so I don't
            count it...
            It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

You can't really blame Manning, a young guy playing out of position, for missing a tackle on a player that is quite highly regarded in some quarters and has experience to burn.
              Comment

The thing with Manning for me is he same thing we're currently seeing
                with O'Leary. O'Leary gets a run with the senior team and suddenly he's
                on the plane to Argentina. A run of games with senior team is the only
                way to really judge some players. I've no problem admitting I called it
                wrong on O'Leary, I'm bloody delighted it going well for him. Same with
                Manning, we don't know what he would do if he had our first choice
                pack and Stringer beside him, but I reckon it'd be different player to the
                guy we often see.
                It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cahill
                  You can't really blame Manning, a young guy playing out of position, for missing a tackle on a player that is quite highly regarded in some quarters and has experience to burn.

Agree. Give him time and hopefully he will come good. At least he's not scared of putting his body on the line, something that many have claimed about ROG before.
                  Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

everybody wants manning to make the HEC grade at least-the boy really tries thats for sure. he's only young but for a kiwi he's strangely naiive in terms of the technical aspects of tackling correctly and his tactical kicking and awareness-they are usually born with that ability in NZ-still manning has come on this season-his post kicking is much better. i think hickey had something and i expect him to do well at LI
                    If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Comment

Originally posted by munsterforever
                      everybody wants manning to make the
                      HEC grade at least-the boy really tries thats for sure. he's only young
                      but for a kiwi he's strangely naiive in terms of the technical aspects
                      of tackling correctly and his tactical kicking and awareness-they are
                      usually born with that ability in NZ-still manning has come on this
                      season-his post kicking is much better. i think hickey had something
                      and i expect him to do well at LI
                      I'm not being overly precious in defending Manning but look at it
                      from Manning's point of view. He spent most of the seaosn playing
                      behind a scrum going backward, with an unsettled backrow and an
                      unsteady scrumhalf on one side and an unfamiliar IC on the other
                      side, is it really surprising he didn't look flash? No-one looked good in
                      that team (well, Coughlan had some nice cameos).

Comment

Irish Examiner

@@@@SPAN ="articledate">11 May 2007 @@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;" ="articleline">Hurley to face Warriors@@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN ="author">By Edward Newman @@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN ="articlesummary">DENIS
                        Hurley is set to start at full back in Munster’s final Magners League
                        tie against Glasgow Warriors at Musgrave Park tomorrow (5.30pm). @@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN ="article">
                        The
                        22-year-old Cork Constitution and Munster Academy back impressed in
                        last weekend’s AIL final where his club lost narrowly to Garryowen,
                        16-15. The announcement of Munster’s 28-man squad on Tuesday saw the
                        surprise exclusion of Christian Cullen, who moves on this summer.
                        Cullen’s absence means there will be no send-off for the all-time top
                        All Black try-scorer who arrived amidst much fanfare in November 2003@@@@/SPAN>

Comment

Brilliant news. Hope he has a great game.

My computer thinks I'm gay
                          What's the difference anyway
                          When all the people do all day
                          Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by Ruck
                            <DIV>
                            Originally posted by zeno
                            Cullen was training with Munster yesterday and was even smiling! I'd have liked him to be in the squad for Saturday. Didn't see Halstead.
                            </DIV>
                            <DIV></DIV>
                            <DIV>I'd be smiling too if I was finishing up what can only be described as @@@@SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">a nightmare few seasons.@@@@/SPAN></DIV>

Living in Cork isn't that bad Ruck.

Has anyone actually come out and said he's leaving? Same with Halstead, loads of speculation but very little comment from the players themselves.

Yes DK yesterday after training when he presented him with a munster shirt at lunch

Comment

If Hurley starts and Earls doesn't it will be a disgrace.....it is great news for him tho, and I am taking nothing away from his good play this season, which I have read reports of.

Comment

Cheers Bob.

Sad way for Cullen to end his career but I guess it was time.

Comment

Working...
                                X