No announcement yet.

Hurley’s In Munster Squad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cullen was training with Munster yesterday and was even smiling! I'd have liked him to be in the squad for Saturday. Didn't see Halstead.

Comment

<DIV>
      Originally posted by zeno
      Cullen was training with Munster yesterday and was even smiling! I'd have liked him to be in the squad for Saturday. Didn't see Halstead.
      </DIV>
      <DIV></DIV>
      <DIV>I'd be smiling too if I was finishing up what can only be described as a nightmare few seasons.</DIV>
      <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
      http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
      </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Originally posted by Ruck
        <div>
        Originally posted by zeno
        </div>
        <div></div>
        <div>I'd be smiling too if I was finishing up what can only be described as @@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;">a nightmare few seasons.@@@@/SPAN></div>
        Living in Cork isn't that bad Ruck.

Has anyone actually come out and said he's leaving? Same with Halstead, loads of speculation but very little comment from the players themselves.
        It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Ditto with Payne, mention he was looking at another year but no hard facts.
          Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Neither are contracted to play for us next season and Halstead has always said he is here for 2 years so the assumption has to be that they have both played their last game for Munster.

Of course that could allstill change, and in Halstead's case I hope it does.

Many thanks to both players for their contributions to Munster rugby.

We would not have won the HEC without Halstead, already a Munster legend. [img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]

It was truely a privilege to see Christian Cullen play in the red of Munster.

Comment

On mature reflection ( thanks B Linehan RIP), if Cullen and Halstead are leaving I suppose they'll make an appearance on the pitch on Sat.to allow us show our respect and appreciation and that would be right and proper.

Comment

Don't assume Dawn Run, but it would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic
                  Originally posted by sewa
                  I reckonMannings days as Munster no 2 are over unless he makes some serious progress this summer. Otherwise Warwick will surely take that slot.
                  Warwick can't qualify for Ireland, Ireland needs an outhalf. None of the provinces should play unqualifiable outhalves, O'Gara isn't getting any younger, and Wallace and Staunton don't appear to be getting any better.

Manning, Sexton and Dunne need to be given as much gametime as possible next year.

Sad state of affairs really when Dunne is being mentioned as back up to Ireland's out-half position. Cheika, a guy whoseemsto have no problem throwingyoung backs in at the deep-end,obviously doesn't think a whole lot of Sexton either.We reallyneed a couple of ladsto start stepping up in the 10, 12 positions next season before it becomes a major issue in 3-4 years time. There seems to be plenty of promise from 13 out but if there ain't decent 10, 12s around the talent of the outside backs won't be utilised to maximum effect.

Comment

Dont see why we should be the ones to sacrifice results next year in order to develop a ten for Ireland. Ulster and Leinster have no intention of sharing the burden.
                    My computer thinks I'm gay
                    What's the difference anyway
                    When all the people do all day
                    Is stare into a phone

Comment

Dont see why we should be the ones to sacrifice results next year in order to develop a ten for Ireland. Ulster and Leinster have no intention of sharing the burden.
                      It's in our long term interests as well Sewa. You make Manning out to be a lot worse than he is, how many games has he played for us this season?
                      It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

It's in our long term interests as well Sewa. You make Manning out to be a lot worse than he is, how many games has he played for us this season?

I haven't criticised him that much. In fact if you looked back to last season I was singing his praises. Three things worry me now though - one being his lack of progress and two being his injury list and three being him falling behind Hickey as he did towards the end of the season. AsI said above hopefully he can make good progress over the summer butI do see Warwick as a better 10 on current form.
                        Is stare into a phone

Comment

He hasn't been as injured this year, he fell behind Hickey since Hickey playing at a higher level than him in the AIL (imo), though he was still on the bench for the HEC ahead of Hickey. As things stand, Warwick is the better 10, but with a proper season and an extra years development, Manning has the ability to overtake him.

Comment

If you accept Warick should be 2nd choice on merit the question then stands Joey? Why should we sacrifice results to bring through a 10 for Ireland. Ulster wont do it with Wallace. Leinster wont even include Sexton or Dunne in 26 man squads ahead of the woeful, non kicking, imitation out half Warner.

Perhaps we should focus on trying to win the ML next season and leave the developing young players to other provinces. Its clearly what the other provinces are doingfrom their recruitment. Why should we care?
                            Is stare into a phone

Comment

If you accept Warick should be 2nd choice on merit the question then stands Joey? Why should we sacrifice results to bring through a 10 for Ireland. Ulster wont do it with Wallace. Leinster wont even include Sexton or Dunne in 26 man squads ahead of the woeful, non kicking, imitation out half Warner.

Perhaps we should focus on trying to win the ML next season and leave the developing young players to other provinces. Its clearly what the other provinces are doingfrom their recruitment. Why should we care?
                              I don't think we are sacrificing results by playing Manning, imo, O'Leary more or less directly cost us 2 ML games this season, not Manning. Now, I'm delighted O'Leary is finding form and getting a shot at an Ireland shirt but against Llanelli away and Cardiff at home he couldn't kick, break or pass and it killed everyone outside him. I'm not looking to tar the guy, but he was incredibly poor in those games, virtually everyone I spoke to about it agreed.

Comment

I wonder is Cullen playing in that All-Blacks legends game that Marshall is skipping out on the Ospreys to play? Is he definately leaving?

What I had heard is that he is cutting all ties with Rugby. The Dragons game was his last game ever. I also heard is not planning to coach or be a pundit etc.. While his send off was low key, it is somehow typical of the guy. He seems a private individual who avoided the spotlight and concentrated on his Rugby.

It would have been nice to see Halstead and Cullen off in a more public way.

Stradey Park was a great occassion for Halstead to sign off his carerr with Munster (Assuming he does decide to return to SA.)

Best of Luck to them both.

Comment

Working...
                                X