Clear All

Munster team V Ospreys

<TABLE>
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD =promoline align=middle>Horgan Back For Munster</TD></TR>
    <TR vAlign=top>
    <TD =Main>
    Munster coach Declan Kidney makes three changes in personnel andtwo positional switches from the side that started against Llanelli Scarlets last time out, for Saturday’s Magners League encounter with Neath-Swansea Ospreys at Thomond Park (7pm).
    Anthony Horgan comes back into the side after injury and takes over from John Kelly on the wing and Trevor Halstead, a replacement against the Scarlets partners Lifeimi Mafi in the centre with Barry Murphy named on the bench this time around.
    In the forwards the front five remain the same with Mick O’Driscoll again leading the side but James Coughlan returns to the side at the expense of John O’Sullivan who is also named on the bench. Kidney has re-jigged the back row with Alan Quinlan reverting to blind side wing-forward from the number 8 berth he occupied in Wales with Coughlan now set to anchor the scrum.
    Murphy’s involvement with the national squad prevented him training with the Munster squad and given the importance of the fixture it seems perfectlysensible to pair Mafi and Halstead in the centre. “ Given the nature of the game nowadays, it is not prudent to play the same players in every match”. Kidney said, “ But that being said, Barry was away and not able to train with us and it’s an opportunity to give Trevor and Lifeimi a bit of time together and see how they go”.@@@@SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> @@@@/SPAN>
    In terms of the game itself (v Ospreys), Kidney says, “ The two huge goals in the Magners League are to win it and to qualify for the Heineken Cup. We haven’t given up on winning it but we need to start getting results. So the next four games are vitally important starting with this one on Saturday.”
    Munster: S Payne; A Horgan, L Mafi, T Halstead, I Dowling; J Manning, T O’Leary; D Hurley, A Kyriacou, F Pucciariello; M O’Driscoll capt, C Wyatt; A Quinlan, J O’Sullivan, J Coughlan.@@@@SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: " Times mso-fareast-font-family: ?Times New Roman?; mso-ansi-: EN-GB; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA?>Replacements: F Roche, T Buckley, D Ryan, J O’Sullivan, B O’Meara, E Hickey, B Murphy.@@@@/SPAN></TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD align=right>@@@@SPAN =Main>Filed on 24November2006@@@@/SPAN></TD></TR>
    <TR vAlign=top>
    <TD =Main>
    <DIV align=right>Filed by Pat Geraghty </DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Who is playing at open-side if JOS is on the bench?
    When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

he's also in the starting 15
      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

It was mentioned on the radio that Wally could play, don't see him though.

Comment

John O'Sullivan appears to playing, as well as being on the bench!

Hurray!!! Can I take one of them home with me?

(Anyone who suggests I should take both is in for a slap!)
          PAUL O'CONNELL KNOWS MY NAME, HE NEEDED IT FOR THE RESTRAINING ORDER!

Comment

Originally posted by Babs (was bthequin)

John O'Sullivan appears to playing, as well as being on the bench!

Hurray!!! Can I take one of them home with me?

(Anyone who suggests I should take both is in for a slap!)

Take them both home and keep them there.

Comment

Maybe Wally will play?

Not a bad team. If the forwards perform and the half backs fire we are in business.

Comment

Having read that again it must be McGann to play at 7. 3 personnel changes.

Surprised to see Wyatt retained tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G

Not a bad team. If the forwards perform and the half backs fire we are in business.

I was just thinking to myself what a dreadful team that looks, Dermot (seriously) when I read your post![img]smileys/shock.gif[/img] I respect your optimism. [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]
                  New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Take them both home and keep them there

HARSH!

Comment

Looks weak
                      Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

Comment

Nothing wrong with JOS, Wyatt on the other hand...... hands held up I got that one wrong as a good signing.

You've got to admire DK's optimism, we're still looking to win it. "Lazarus? Pah, fecking amateur magician floor show!!"

Comment

<!-
                          var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                          var SymReal;

Sym()
                          {
                          window.open = SymWinOpen;
                          if(SymReal != null)
                          SymReal();
                          }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                          {
                          if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
                          SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                          window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
                          SymReal = window.;
                          window. = Sym;
                          }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
                          window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

Tiimy Ryan, Sean Cronin, Gerry Hurley and John Kelly didn't make it from the original squad.

Tis a strange one not even putting JK on the bench, he's been training with Ireland for the past 3 weeks so you think he be well up for a spot on the bench at least.

Comment

McGann should be the guy alright. The 3 personnel changes mentioned are Halstead, Horgan and Coughlan. McGann started against Llanelli AFAIR.

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud
                              <TABLE><T>
                              <T>
                              <TR>
                              <TD align=middle ="promoline"></TD></TR>
                              <TR vAlign=top>
                              <TD ="Main">
                              “ Given the nature of the game nowadays, it is not prudent to play the same players in every match”. Kidney said, </TD></TR>
                              <TR>
                              <TD align=right>@@@@SPAN ="Main">@@@@/SPAN></TD></TR>
                              <TR vAlign=top>
                              <TD ="Main">
                              <DIV align=right></DIV></TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>

Could someone tell Eddie O'S that please.

Wally will start for Munster IMHO

Comment

Working...
                              X