Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So flowery back play is the way to go?

my hoop.

Look at the teams who have got the final HCup and how they play?

Look at the GP vs the Magners head to head.

Tuilagi is some flower!

Comment

exactly [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Llanelli - Flowery back play
        Munster - Flowery spuds

Result?
        Comment

Rabeni too. Gibson is a ballet dancer btw[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cahill

Munster - Flowery spuds

Result?
            Better team on the night won Dave. Exactly as was the case on Saturday.

Comment

watch the All black U19's. Thats the way to play.
              The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
              - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Originally posted by Upfront_1979
                watch the All black U19's. Thats the way to play.
                No it's not, any sort of analysis would tell you that

Comment

really? how come none of the analysts for any of the other teams figured out a way to stop them. they attack from everywhere, forwards and backs running good lines and all with good hands. Their ability to get quick ball is amazing and their set pieces were strong. what more do you want?
                  The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                  - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

I don't think anyone has suggested that we need flowery back play. But we unquestionably need as many options as we can muster in attack.

We saw this year against both Llanelli and Leicester that our pack is not unstoppable.

We have been guilty of going wide too fast with no particular purpose this year.

But last year it was our ability to put width on the ball that did for both Castres away and Sale at home.

We need to be able to mix things up - all the best teams in Europe can.

The pack will always be the focus, but we can't hold too tight to a structure where we need twice as much possession as other teams to score points.
                    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G
                      Munster - Flowery spuds

Result?
                      Better team on the night won Dave. Exactly as was the
                      case on Saturday.
                      I agree, for a team to maintain a level of success, they must be capable
                      of the horticultural as well as the agricultural!
                      Comment

Originally posted by Upfront_1979
                        really? how come none of the analysts for any of the other teams figured out a way to stop them. they attack from everywhere, forwards and backs running good lines and all with good hands. Their ability to get quick ball is amazing and their set pieces were strong. what more do you want?
                        I agree. They were miles ahead of any other team in the tournament. Way more physically developed. 22stone prop anyone? Some of them were monsters for U19's.

With that kind of power advantage you can play pretty much any way you want and still win.

Comment

Size is everything.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G

Munster - Flowery spuds

Result?
                            Better team on the night won Dave. Exactly as was the

case on Saturday.

I agree, for a team to maintain a level of success, they must be capable

of the horticultural as well as the agricultural!
                            Yes, although the agricultural must come first. The bludgeon if strong enough will always nullify the rapier, however sharp.

That's why your lot need to be more dominant up front, and ours need to spin only the better ball I reckon.

Running for fun will get you nowhere ultimately, as Llanelli found out. They had plenty of ball to win that game. Tigers just lined them up, forced them laterally across the pitch and then just skittled them down.

Comment

Don't know how far that stacks up re: Scarlets, DG. What killed them was their error rate - you could point to three or four knock ons on presentation errors that cost them dearly.

If they'd had the accuracy, I think they'd have won.
                              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Working...
                              X