Treviso N/A N/A 5 4
    Edinburgh N/A N/A Need a
    Slip-up
    Llanelli N/A N/A Need
    Slip-ups
    Need
    Slip-ups

Comment

Two 4-1 wins for Embra and us next round and happy days .... :-)

Scarlets are 1 point behind Edinburgh and Scarlets are playing Dragons in the last game.

If Edinburgh don't win they could end their season empty handed.
      Last edited by rathbaner; 14th-April-2019, 15:24.
      Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

So the Knock out games are:

Ulster v Connacht with the winners away to whoever wins Conference A, Glasgow or Munster.

Munster or Glasgow at home to either Treviso, Edinburgh or Llanelli with the winners away to Leinster

Comment

Originally posted by shk7619 View Post
          Could the format of the Pro 14 be changed to make teams with an insurmountable lead take more interest in the run in? Points scored over both conferences determining home or away playoffs, maybe? For instance, if the runner up in conf A has more points than the winner of conf B, they would get a home semi, if they were to win a home quarter.
          I dont think it should. Teams who're top by distance have every right to act in their best interests in the run in.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
            So the Knock out games are:

Ulster v Connacht with the winners away to whoever wins Conference A, Glasgow or Munster.

Munster or Glasgow at home to either Treviso, Edinburgh or Llanelli with the winners away to Leinster
            We'd probably get a bigger crowd in the direct semi-final scenario against Ulster or Connacht. Benetton in a quarter-final would not be a big payday for Munster.

Comment

The timing of the games on the Saturday is a bit disappointing. The Treviso game will be well over before Edinburgh play, so they may know that they have nothing to play for before the game even starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Boy View Post
                The timing of the games on the Saturday is a bit disappointing. The Treviso game will be well over before Edinburgh play, so they may know that they have nothing to play for before the game even starts.
                Edinburgh will be playing to get into the HCup playoff.
                ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

Edinburgh will be playing to get into the HCup playoff.
                  Not if Treviso get a bonus point, if I have understood it correctly. Billy Boy has a point. All on at the same time is more exciting and a fairer way to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Horse View Post

Not if Treviso get a bonus point, if I have understood it correctly. Billy Boy has a point. All on at the same time is more exciting and a fairer way to do it.
                    No, Treviso get the BP and qualify for 3rd. But there are at least 7 Pro12 places. So there is a playoff between the sides that finish fourth in both conferences. Edinburgh need to win to make that play off. They should be up for it irrespective of the Benetton game
                    Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Treviso would then finish in 3rd - the HCup playoff is for 4th in each conference. If Edinburgh win they can get the 4th spot and playoff for the HCup.
                      ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                      AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

All games used to be at the same time, then last season our Welsh cousins moved Judgement Day to R21 and the Scots took advantage to have a finals day for amateur sides at Murrayfield with Edinburgh Glasgow in the evening slot.

Munster need Glasgow to get less than 3 match points v Edinburgh. If Glasgow get 2 match points, Munster would need a BP win, 0/1 match points then a standard win would be enough for Munster. Benetton have their destiny in their hands. A BP win locks it, a standard win would mean Edinburgh would need a BP win to overhaul them. If Treviso slip up, Edinburgh/Scarlets could get 3rd.

The Euro playoff and 7th Pro 14 spot in Heineken Cup will be the winner of Cardiff Blues v Ospreys in R21 hosting Treviso/Edinburgh/Scarlets. Scarlets likely to get BP win v Dragons and get to 55, Edinburgh would need a BP win to stay above them. Cardiff Blues v Ospreys can now be called the “Gareth Anscombe Classic” after it was announced he was signing for Ospreys on Monday and putting himself in a classic conflict of interest!

3pm Zebre v Benetton
                        3pm Dragons v Scarlets
                        4:30pm Cheetahs v Southern Kings
                        5:15pm Ulster v Leinster
                        5:15pm Cardiff Blues v Ospreys
                        7:35pm Glasgow v Edinburgh
                        7:35pm Munster v Connacht

In terms of 2019/20 – the conferences currently look like:

Conference A

Ireland 1 Leinster 75
                        Ireland 4 Ulster 59
                        Wales 2 Cardiff 53
                        Wales 3 Scarlets 50
                        Scotland 1 Glasgow 76
                        Italy 2 Zebre 19
                        South Africa 1 Cheetahs 41

Conference B

Ireland 2 Munster 73
                        Ireland 3 Connacht 61
                        Wales 1 Ospreys 54
                        Wales 4 Dragons 21
                        Scotland 2 Edinburgh 51
                        Italy 1 Benetton 52
                        South Africa 2 Southern Kings 22

Wins for Ulster and Munster would see the Irish sides keep the same pairings and stay in the same conferences as now, otherwise Munster & Connacht would switch to B as above. Winner of the “Gareth Anscombe Classic” will be Wales 1 and in B.

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

Treviso would then finish in 3rd - the HCup playoff is for 4th in each conference. If Edinburgh win they can get the 4th spot and playoff for the HCup.
                          True for third place (and also Scotscor's similar point). However, and I could be on a terrible roll here and thus wrong again, Scarlets (just behind Edinburgh) also play at 3PM, several hours before Edinburgh. If Scarlets lose and do not get the losing bonus point (fairly unlikely I admit), then Edinburgh have less/no pressure for the playoff spot.

Should Treviso win and Scarlets lose then Edinburgh have nothing to play for?

Put me out of my misery gently if I have got it wrong again!

Comment

True for third place (and also Scotscor's similar point). However, and I could be on a terrible roll here and thus wrong again, Scarlets (just behind Edinburgh) also play at 3PM, several hours before Edinburgh. If Scarlets lose and do not get the losing bonus point (fairly unlikely I admit), then Edinburgh have less/no pressure for the playoff spot.

Highly unlikely the Scarlets will get zero match points v the Dragons in the Millennium Stadium. If Treviso get all 5 points, then Edinburgh can't catch them. If they get a standard win, Edinburgh could finish 3rd with a BP win.

Comment

While Neil is correct, in answer to your specific question, yes you are right.

Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Originally posted by neill_m View Post

Highly unlikely the Scarlets will get zero match points v the Dragons in the Millennium Stadium. If Treviso get all 5 points, then Edinburgh can't catch them. If they get a standard win, Edinburgh could finish 3rd with a BP win.
                                True. I suppose I liked the simultaneous offering.

On the other hand, depending on the early results, this could also turn out to be a super Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X