Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
    BBC commentator writing about Glasgow’s ‘turgid’ win over Ospreys

”It was a game that will live long in the memory, but only in the sense that those who turned up at Scotstoun will forever recall the couple of hours they spent watching this, a couple of hours they will never get back.

With three consecutive losses in the league, Glasgow needed a win. What they didn't need was incessant rain and a howling wind - and an error count that would have given their fans the shivers every bit as much as the biting cold wouldn't have been in the plan either.”
    It looked awful, even on TV- exeter with intermittent sleet/rain. The weather was better than the rugby though. Brain fart cost osperys the chance of a last minute try/conv and a win- I hope it doesn’t cost us.

Comment

Kings 25-21 Edinburgh a notable result today. Teams falling over themselves not to finish second or third in that conference. The winners of our conference will get a winnable semi.
      "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
      Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
        BBC commentator writing about Glasgow’s ‘turgid’ win over Ospreys

”It was a game that will live long in the memory, but only in the sense that those who turned up at Scotstoun will forever recall the couple of hours they spent watching this, a couple of hours they will never get back.

With three consecutive losses in the league, Glasgow needed a win. What they didn't need was incessant rain and a howling wind - and an error count that would have given their fans the shivers every bit as much as the biting cold wouldn't have been in the plan either.”
        That could have been written about our win today. (Except for we've been winning a bit more).
        "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
        Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

This is worth a look ...

https://twitter.com/PremierSportsTV/...701377536?s=19
          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
            Super try but the forward pass should have ruled it out

Comment

Brilliant try
              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Cheetahs host the Kings on Saturday (2pm Irish Time) with a chance to get to 36 points and join the scrap for the 3rd spot in Conference A.

Comment

Originally posted by neill_m View Post
                  Cheetahs host the Kings on Saturday (2pm Irish Time) with a chance to get to 36 points and join the scrap for the 3rd spot in Conference A.
                  I’ve been disappointed they haven’t continued their improvement over the second part of last season, this looks like another season of two halves, and may well get to playoffs again- although Connacht are in better shape this year to get 3rd.

Comment

Actually the scrap for 3rd (our group), and 2&3 in Leinster’s is pretty tasty- Let’s hope the two top spots are nailed down!

Comment

Ideal for the squad to have a good break now.

Comment

The weather meant it was not a vintage weekend in the league. They did well to find 2 hours of highlights to show yesterday afternoon

Comment

Cheetahs 40-36 Southern Kings on Saturday. 2 points covering 3rd - 6th in Conference A.

Comment

Originally posted by neill_m View Post
                            Cheetahs 40-36 Southern Kings on Saturday. 2 points covering 3rd - 6th in Conference A.
                            Thanks for the reminder- had forgotten they were still playing catch up. Surprisingly close.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Thanks for the reminder- had forgotten they were still playing catch up. Surprisingly close.
                              Weird old game. Recorded it and had a flick through it yesterday. Was 40-15 to the Cheetahs and the Kings scored 3 late tries to get 2 BPs. Kings lad was sent off for a stupid hit on the head area of the Cheetahs player after he had crossed the try line. He was sent off when the Cheetahs had just scored their 5th try.

Comment

Remarkable that, mid-Feb, 11 from 14 teams have realistic play off chances.

Comment

Working...
                                X