Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post

Ulster are in trouble in that group imo
    After last year’s debacle, it’s great to see them doing as well as they are. They have strengthened very well, but squad depth is still shallow, and I think they will be lucky to secure the play off spot. Edinburgh with HCUP and Scotland calls will have their work cut out, as will Benetton when Italy calls, but great to see a competitive Italian team. Maybe we can do Ulster a favour by beating Scarlett’s and Benetton

Comment

Scarlets, Edinburgh and Treviso all normally lose a lot of players during the 6N. Will be a tight race in B, for top 3 and the Euro play-off spot.

Comment

This is what’s ahead of ourselves and Glasgow in the PRO14. We’re in Wales a lot over the 6N- not the worst time to visit.

MUNSTER
        Home: Kings, Zebre, Blues, Connacht
        Away: Dragons, Ospreys, Scarlets, Benetton

GLASGOW
        Home: Ospreys, Connacht, Cheetahs, Ulster
        Away: Blues, Zebre, Leinster, Edinburgh

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
          This is what’s ahead of ourselves and Glasgow in the PRO14. We’re in Wales a lot over the 6N- not the worst time to visit.

MUNSTER
          Home: Kings, Zebre, Blues, Connacht
          Away: Dragons, Ospreys, Scarlets, Benetton

GLASGOW
          Home: Ospreys, Connacht, Cheetahs, Ulster
          Away: Blues, Zebre, Leinster, Edinburgh
          I think Glasgow have a slightly tougher run in than we do. The last few weeks have cost them dearly. They needed that buffer.

Comment

Agreed. They have Cardiff, Leinster and Edinburgh away, for example, all tough places to get a result
            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Before the season started both Munster and Glasgow were 5/1 to win pro 14 grand final. Before the games this weekend Munster were 4/1 and Glasgow 5/1. I suspect Munster will be 3/1 and Glasgow 7/1 when odds come out after this weekend.
              ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
              AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Cheetahs get BP win in Parma. 27-12. 10 points v the Southern Kings would put them on 32 points and only 5 behind Ospreys and Connacht.

Comment

Originally posted by neill_m View Post
                  Cheetahs get BP win in Parma. 27-12. 10 points v the Southern Kings would put them on 32 points and only 5 behind Ospreys and Connacht.
                  Mind you, at that point they will have to play teams that actually have something to play for...they’ve gone backwards from last year, I think- unless they have the late season recovery that got them to the playoffs last year.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Mind you, at that point they will have to play teams that actually have something to play for...they’ve gone backwards from last year, I think- unless they have the late season recovery that got them to the playoffs last year.
                    Was always going to be the case, they got robbed of their best players last Summer. Knowing that, they are doing reasonably well imho.
                    Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Rounds 18-21 confirmed:

https://www.pro14rugby.org/2019/01/1...n-record-time/

Comment

Bukkin' Marvellous

Munster v Cardiff in Musser not only clashes with Cork City v the Shams in Turners Cross but also Con v College in Templehill.

Comment

We're in a great position in our conference. We have tricky away matches at Ospreys and Scarlets before the end of the season. Warriors are away to Leinster, and they'll have to play Connacht and Ulster at home.

The final day of the regular season sees us at home to Connacht and Glasgow home to Edinburgh.

How do Warriors end up playing Edinburgh three times in the regular season?
                          "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                          Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Three home games and away to Benetton- we should reach these in the driving seat- and will be very hard to overtake.....Home semi and date with the cousins in Glasgow?

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
                              We're in a great position in our conference. We have tricky away matches at Ospreys and Scarlets before the end of the season. Warriors are away to Leinster, and they'll have to play Connacht and Ulster at home.

The final day of the regular season sees us at home to Connacht and Glasgow home to Edinburgh.

How do Warriors end up playing Edinburgh three times in the regular season?
                              With the likes of the Scots/SA/Italian sides, you play 3 derbies so they get to 21 games. 12+7+2. Glasgow get home advantage in derby no 3 as Edinburgh had it last year.
                              Last edited by neill_m; 17th-January-2019, 22:27.

Comment

Originally posted by neill_m View Post

With the likes of the Scots/SA/Italian sides, you play 3 derbies so they get to 21 games. 12+7+2. Glasgow get home advantage in derby no 3 as Edinburgh had it last year.
                                Thanks Neil - hadn't spotted that in two Pro14 conference seasons!
                                "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                                Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X