No announcement yet.

Pro 14 2018/19 Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connacht looking absolutely lethal at the moment. Will probably score a couple of tries at least so we’ll need to get our act together in attack ourselves. Good chance Farrell will be back for it, which will help.

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

League has now become fairly competitive and Munster now in the frame for home semi and in my opinion have the 2nd best squad after Leinster.

Still to prove they have the consistency to get the results required for a home semi. Connacht are serious contenders as well and a win there following up on today would be a serious marker.

....and without counting any chickens a Munster v Leinster final in Patkhead would be some occasion.
      I agree Munster have the 2nd best squad but I feel this is more due to the decline of Glasgow and Scarlets than we've improved.

What struck me the last few games is that our defense has improved up to Leinster's level. It's just our attack that needs to improve.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post

I agree Munster have the 2nd best squad but I feel this is more due to the decline of Glasgow and Scarlets than we've improved.

What struck me the last few games is that our defense has improved up to Leinster's level. It's just our attack that needs to improve.
        I agree, and two comments: building a strong attack from a good defence is a perfectly reasonable thing to do (and gets more success a long the way)- Andy this is probabably what is being done, secondly, Scannell is pivotal to the defence, but as we saw from his cross kick yesterday- has the vision and skill set (speed aside?) to be pivotal in attack too, with a running OH like we now have.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
          I agree, and two comments: building a strong attack from a good defence is a perfectly reasonable thing to do (and gets more success a long the way)- Andy this is probabably what is being done, secondly, Scannell is pivotal to the defence, but as we saw from his cross kick yesterday- has the vision and skill set (speed aside?) to be pivotal in attack too, with a running OH like we now have.
          Rory looks very bulky these days. Not sure he should be that heavy. I know he trucks it up a bit but he will definitely have lost some pace and foot speed carrying those extra kilos.

Comment

Great win for Dragons against Ospreys- 23-22, anyone thinking of heading to Rodney Parafe in a few weeks?

Comment

Serious chance that Benetton could be in 2nd after next week if they beat Glasgow and Ulster beaten by Leinster.

Apart from Conor OShea, whod have thought....
              ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
              AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
                Great win for Dragons against Ospreys- 23-22, anyone thinking of heading to Rodney Parafe in a few weeks?
                Was the Dragons 1st derby win in 24 games. Last win was 4 years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by neill_m View Post

Was the Dragons 1st derby win in 24 games. Last win was 4 years ago!
                  Just hope they don’t go on a winning streak!!

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
                    Serious chance that Benetton could be in 2nd after next week if they beat Glasgow and Ulster beaten by Leinster.

Apart from Conor OShea, whod have thought....
                    And a win for us would put us too, and absolutely in the box seat...wheels came off for Glasgow last year- are we seeing the same again??

Comment

Scarlets have ran out of fit backrow players. 6 injured. Ken Owens starting at no 8 v the Dragons.
                      Last edited by neill_m; 4th-January-2019, 22:00.

Comment

Close game in Treviso. Glasgow leading 14-12 at HT

Comment

G’wan Treviso!!
                          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Treviso 17(3T) Glasgow 14(2T) after 60.

Comment

20-17 to Treviso after 67

​​​​​​Ms Neville is in charge.

Comment

Ospreys 14-5 Cardiff Blues (2-1) 25'

Comment

Working...
                                X