Pro 14 2018/19 Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mickiemcfist View Post

What I took from that was those who arrive with cash have to go to the desk to pick up a voucher, but those who have contactless cards just go to the bar.

​​​
    Obviously going to two counters will take longer than only going to one.

Cardiff seem to be saying that in general, card payments are quicker than cash.

(I note that the old codgers in the Members' Bar may still pay cash.)

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post

My word, what small hills you are willing to die on!
      Unwilling to die on that, or any other, hill.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post

Obviously going to two counters will take longer than only going to one. Indeed, simple solution is bring your card.

Cardiff seem to be saying that in general, card payments are quicker than cash. For values where you can go contactless (most), they are correct.

Comment

roll on rugby....

Comment

Originally posted by Lonstonitis View Post
            Had to buy tokens to buy pints in Bordeaux for the SF, it was a disaster. The machines ran out of tokens but kept taking payments with nobody there to help.
            Yeah it was a disaster. And all for non alcoholic beer
            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Obviously going to two counters will take longer than only going to one.

Cardiff seem to be saying that in general, card payments are quicker than cash.

To be fair, for those of us with access to it, leap cards are faster than cash on bus. Mainly because nobody ever has their cash ready. But I'm not a fan of this drive towards cashless as it seems mainly a way to replace cashiers with computers and remove the pesky expense of employees from business.

Comment

Indeed, back in the day, CIE were mad to bring in the One Man Bus (sic), to get rid of an employee, forgetting ( or ignoring) that having the Driver take the money would, and does, delay the Bus and all the traffic behind it.

Comment

Tommy Bowe, Luke Fitzgerald, Donncha O'Callaghan, Maz Reilly and Murray Kinsella announced as the pundits for Eir Sport's coverage for the upcoming season.

Comment

Will be very interesting to see how Kinsella goes- he’s the standout rugby ‘print’ journalist for me.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
                      Will be very interesting to see how Kinsella goes- he’s the standout rugby ‘print’ journalist for me.
                      Does a lot of videos for the 42, lions tour, Australia tour etc, very good analysis & doesn't seem to have favourites which is fairly unique.

Comment

Being at ease live on TV is a bit different to the very studious analysis of his I admire greatly- but I really hope it works out, one less seat for a wooden explayer boosting his mates and providing zero additional insight would be a good start to the season.

Comment

Wasn't he on TV recently enough? For the Australian tour on TV3?
                          The problem with this world is there are too many snakes... and not enough Ladders!
                          Originally posted by joconnell
                          If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Comment

Sorry- not in TV3 broadcast area- what was he like?

Comment

Fla spent some time ROG and Felix with Dutchy during the Off-season according to the 42

Jerry Flannery linked up with Ronan O’Gara at the Crusaders and Felix Jones spent time with the Hurricanes.

Comment

Fla spent some time ROG and Felix with Dutchy during the Off-season according to the 42
                                Pity Fla didn't go and spend his time with John Plumptree. Very good coach imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X