Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro 14 2018/19 Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Final scheduled for same day as the Scottish Cup final at Hampden - interesting planning......

    Comment


      Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
      10,200 turned up at Thomond for the semi final play off against Embra last season. Would that have sold out MP?
      I get you, but 10,200 is less than 40% of Thomond Park's capacity, comparable to 3,400 at Musgrave park, or thereabouts. I suppose what I was getting at was "is a sold out Musgrave Park better than 10,200 at Thomond Park?"

      For my money I think a sold out Muzzer would have been a better option for that game. It would have made for a better atmosphere, a better spectacle and would have reflected the importance of the game.It would have been good for Munsterfans and for Munster in Cork. And remember most of the tickets sold for Thomond Park were for the terraces, so a sold out Musgrave park might have made as much money.

      But would that game have sold out Muzzer?

      It was a massive anti climax after the nature of the defeat to Racing 92.
      Last edited by rathbaner; 30th-July-2018, 17:44.
      Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

      Comment


        Originally posted by rathbaner View Post

        I get you, but 10,200 is less than 40% of Thomond Park's capacity, comparable to 3,400 at Musgrave park, or thereabouts. I suppose what I was getting at was "is a sold out Musgrave Park better than 10,200 at Thomond Park?"

        For my money I think a sold out Muzzer would have been a better option for that game. It would have made for a better atmosphere, a better spectacle and would have reflected the importance of the game.It would have been good for Munsterfans and for Munster in Cork. And remember most of the tickets sold for Thomond Park were for the terraces, so a sold out Musgrave park might have made as much money.

        But would that game have sold out Muzzer?

        It was a massive anti climax after the nature of the defeat to Racing 92.
        That's the key question, really. There's no real way of knowing unless you happen to have access to ticket distribution info, however (baseless speculation alert) I honestly think it wouldn't have. I guess there was a certain amount of fatigue among supporters after the Bordeaux game, especially those who'd made the trip over there. Had it been played in Cork, I suspect that any increase in the number of locally-based attendees at the Edinburgh game would have been more or less offset by lower numbers coming from further afield - there'll always be some for whom ease of attendance is a factor, wherever the match is based.

        Not having a pop at you, but I think there's also a bit of 20:20 hindsight happening here - imagine for a moment that we hadn't made it as far as the Racing game. The league play-off game would have taken on much greater significance, meaning an undoubtedly greater demand for tickets. The attendance significantly exceeded the MP capacity as it was, so now imagine all the complaints of "what possessed them to hold it in Muzzer, sure half the people who want to go can't get to it now ..." Planning & scheduling of fixtures and venues isn't done last minute, so this would have been fixed far in advance of the week of the game, with likely demand for a potential knock-out game being a key deciding factor.
        Tis but a scratch.

        Comment


          Chippy, unless the Páirc is opened to Rugby matches, and maybe not even then, there will never again be a Munster Heineken Cup game played in Cork.

          Unless the Cork GAA put in a bid to host the Pro 14 Final and win it, there will never be a knockout game of any description involving professional Rugby teams in Cork.

          Comment


            “Unless the Cork GAA put in a bid to host the Pro 14 Final and win it, there will never be a knockout game of any description involving professional Rugby teams in Cork.”

            what a great idea- although frankly if the Liam miller debacle is an indication of the current GAA attitude and PR nous, they’d probably insist on having demonstration of la le Brid rush weaving.

            Comment


              Cardiff Blues going cashless. Will need vouchers to buy a pint.

              http://www.cardiffblues.com/news/9754.php#.W2LKAMsUmM8

              Comment


                "All the data shows electronic transactions are substantially quicker than cash"

                Really? Any of us who have been behind someone in a queue who pays with a card would tend to disagree.

                Comment


                  Had to buy tokens to buy pints in Bordeaux for the SF, it was a disaster. The machines ran out of tokens but kept taking payments with nobody there to help.

                  Comment


                    The 2 queue system in Italy at Treviso/Zebre is interesting. One where your order is taken and paid for and written down on a receipt. The 2nd where you get your beers.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                      "All the data shows electronic transactions are substantially quicker than cash"

                      Really? Any of us who have been behind someone in a queue who pays with a card would tend to disagree.
                      Ah with the contactless payments now it is quicker than the person going back & forth to till for change etc. In the case of chip & pin it is slower.

                      Comment


                        The person still has to go and collect the device for the "contactless" payment.


                        Why is it called "contactless" when you have to touch your card off (or bring your card into contact with ) the device?

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                          The person still has to go and collect the device for the "contactless" payment.


                          Why is it called "contactless" when you have to touch your card off (or bring your card into contact with ) the device?
                          What I took from that was those who arrive with cash have to go to the desk to pick up a voucher, but those who have contactless cards just go to the bar.

                          On the name - I think they work without contact too (card in wallet can still pay).

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                            The person still has to go and collect the device for the "contactless" payment.


                            Why is it called "contactless" when you have to touch your card off (or bring your card into contact with ) the device?
                            My word, what small hills you are willing to die on!
                            When things go wrong, blame McGahan

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                              The person still has to go and collect the device for the "contactless" payment.


                              Why is it called "contactless" when you have to touch your card off (or bring your card into contact with ) the device?
                              You don't have to bring your card onto contact. You only need to hold it over the reader.

                              Comment


                                The Season can't start Soon Enough

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X