Fellow Pro14 rugby fans, warrior fan looking for help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fellow Pro14 rugby fans, warrior fan looking for help

Warrior fans have been royally shatter by the SRU, we have lost one of our home games to Edinburgh. This game is now to be played at Murrayfield instead of Scotstoun. So every year we are only to get 10 home games. Please sign our petition.

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitio...e-at-scotstoun

Longshot folks but this is totally taking the piss so a petition just set up and we want to get the message across to these Muppets in Edinburgh that fans should be treated fairly. It's bad enough that our season tickets are being hiked as we have reached capacity where as SRU charge significantly less for Edinburgh fans, but now our home game is to be played at their gaff to!

It is not fair for league as a whole if one team is guaranteed more home games because of a overall power (SRU) money grabbing over sporting integrity. The Glasgow warriors fans are paying more money and still getting less home games than Edinburgh which is governed by the same union which is ridiculous. The journey to Edinburgh due to travel links, the time of game and lack of organisation is awful.

Sorry mate petition won't accept eircode

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by michael400 View Post
      Sorry mate petition won't accept eircode

Use SW1A 1AA
      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud View Post
        Use SW1A 1AA
        Cheers

Comment

This would be like if the irfu told us that our home game v Leinster has to go the aviva bowl. There would be killings

Comment

There are 7,350 regular attendees at Scoutston - fair play to them all and their mighty boos. There are less than 400 people who have signed this petition. Perhaps we should leave it to the official Glasgow supporters club to get this number up to a few thousand before Munster fans start jumping in.

The SRU have done a decent job in the last decade of rescuing the basket case they made for themselves at the start of professionalism. I'd say let them get on with that process without our interference.

Comment

Originally posted by AwayFromHome View Post
              There are 7,350 regular attendees at Scoutston - fair play to them all and their mighty boos. There are less than 400 people who have signed this petition. Perhaps we should leave it to the official Glasgow supporters club to get this number up to a few thousand before Munster fans start jumping in.

The SRU have done a decent job in the last decade of rescuing the basket case they made for themselves at the start of professionalism. I'd say let them get on with that process without our interference.
              I say anything we can do to **** with the SRU we should do, and with gusto.

They sold us out twice (once to BT and the Nigels, once to France for the RWC).

Comment

I think the Scottish fans were fairly pissed off with the SRU for not supporting Ireland's bid for RWC23. I've yet to figure out why they did it. I understand why the WRU supported SA (though I would still not forgive them when you think the RFU supported Ireland's bid and Bill Beaumont was chair of World Rugby).

Comment

SRU followed the moolah.
                  France promised more.

Comment

They reinforced the racial stereotype.

Comment

tbf saying you cant make it to Murrayfield because its too far away is a bit of a stretch. Most Munster fans have to travel further for their home games than Glasgow to Murrayfield.

I agree its a farce, though possibly you could look to play the derby in one of the three big football stadiums in Glasgow or even in Fir Hill (and keep the game in the West End). I think looking to keep the game in Scotstoun is missing the SRU point, they/you need the money, so give them an option for more money
                      Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Have you tried booing at them yet?
                        I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post
                          This would be like if the irfu told us that our home game v Leinster has to go the aviva bowl. There would be killings
                          Could see why there could be “Killings” alright. But isn’t this up to the Scots themselves... Not sure why’d we’d be signing anything
                          "The PRO12 is our domestic league, it's what you earn your bread and butter from; it's what pays the bills. We need to broaden our emphasis and get an understanding in Irish rugby that the domestic league from now on is most important and that's what qualifies you now for Europe.'' Garrett Fitzgerald, CEO Munster

Comment

If you are in Edinburgh's group and you need galsgow to win the last game of season, would you be happy that Edinburgh have a home 'away' fixture when Glasgow would normally play at fortress Scotstoun?

Comment

Originally posted by Boss_cat2 View Post
                              If you are in Edinburgh's group and you need galsgow to win the last game of season, would you be happy that Edinburgh have a home 'away' fixture when Glasgow would normally play at fortress Scotstoun?
                              Munster are Glasgow's group though so an Edinburgh win in the last game of the season would help them.
                              The SRU are pretty good at being unable to gauge what fans want so the situation is hardly new and similarly Edinburgh getting preferred treatment isn't new either. Sometimes you just have to deal with being a 2nd class supporter.
                              I've signed your petition all the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X