Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
    CJ off to the US for hols after being at home in SA since the Aus tour
    It’s going to be a long and momentous year for some of these guys. Much as I want to see them play in red- I’m glad for them, and WC, that they will have a very managed season. Munsters longer term success depends on developing strength, and greater variety/options in play than we’ve seen. Very happy to see the main Internationals play the way they can/ do for Ireland in Munster’s critical fixtures, and challenge those not (yet) at that level to get us to those fixtures - and give JVG a headache about who to select.

Comment

If Irish players are going to have a managed watered down season in world cup year are we likely to see any of our internationals including Joey play much more than a dozen games?
      \"If you can dream it, you can do it\".
      \"To the cowardly and unfaithful, nothing is possible\"

Comment

Originally posted by Jollygreengiant View Post
        If Irish players are going to have a managed watered down season in world cup year are we likely to see any of our internationals including Joey play much more than a dozen games?
        A few more than that, I’d guess. If the examiner article is correct, and interpros move to week before early Heineken rounds, then starting 6hc, say 3 inter pro, at least pro14 semi (hopefully final), and whatever later rounds of HCUP we get to (3 games, or get to final). Surely a few more half games/dubbing, to get match ready.

Comment

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Carbery back much sooner than most. He had a relatively light season and needs to get playing if he’s to challenge for our HEC first XV, which I’m sure Joe would like to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
            Wouldn’t be surprised to see Carbery back much sooner than most. He had a relatively light season and needs to get playing if he’s to challenge for our HEC first XV, which I’m sure Joe would like to see.
            I understand your reason but I can also imagine that they want to balance the workload in year prior to RWC.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post
              I understand your reason but I can also imagine that they want to balance the workload in year prior to RWC.
              I'd have thought plenty of work early on for Keats and JJ, maybe mid-september for (Ross)Carbery.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post

Carbery is a special case because he needs to play a decent amount of games at 10 to get used to the position. He probably won't be back early but I'd say he'll play a fair few games there throughout the season.

The rest of the potential world cup squad players need to be managed and play as few games as possible IMO.

Comment

Carberry down in Kilkee today with Jeremy Loughman. Becomes a Munster player tomorrow morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Was it ever confirmed how long he's signing for?

Comment

Originally posted by Dougie View Post
                      Was it ever confirmed how long he's signing for?
                      I believe the consensus is more than one year, although nothing official said IIRC. Rightly we refused to take him for a year.
                      Last edited by Pony; 24th-July-2018, 12:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Pony View Post
                        I believe the consensus is more than one year, although noting official said IIRC. Rightly we refused to take him for a year.
                        I'm absolutely sceptical of this. If it was more than one year, why wouldn't they do what they always do and announce it, I feel there's a huge get out clause or something in there

Comment

Originally posted by mickiemcfist View Post
                          I'm absolutely sceptical of this. If it was more than one year, why wouldn't they do what they always do and announce it, I feel there's a huge get out clause or something in there
                          That's why I'm not saying for certain.
                          If we take him for a year we will be in an even worst position in 12 months than we were when we signed him. Look at all the trouble Ulster had in that position. I HOPE the blazers have more sense.

Comment

Why is Kleyn off on hols? Shouldnt he be at pre season?
                            \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Talking Sense View Post
                              Why is Kleyn off on hols? Shouldnt he be at pre season?
                              Due to qualify for Ireland pre-world cup maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by mickiemcfist View Post
                                Due to qualify for Ireland pre-world cup maybe?
                                ThatÂ’s proactive player management if so.... believe he qualifies after 6N, but before WC

Comment

Working...
                                X