• Time
  • Show
Clear All

P14 G21) Munster V Ulster 5.30 Saturday

On in Thomond Park
    On TG4

We need to win the first 20 minutes
    I am the million man.

Ulster will come fully loaded - they're chasing 5 points to have a chance of getting in the playoffs. A tough one for whatever team we put out.
    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

They are also trying to avoid a euro cup playoff . We have nothing to play for other than pride and redemption .

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
        Ulster will come fully loaded - they're chasing 5 points to have a chance of getting in the playoffs. A tough one for whatever team we put out.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 10.14.32.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	2494071

We are 9 points ahead of the Cheetahs and there is only this weekend left in the regular season so 2nd place is locked down.

I think giving as many fellas the weekend off as is possible should be the plan, try and get fresh for the (hopefully) last 3 knockout games in this competition. We've lost 6 semi finals in europe and 2 finals in the league, bout time they put that horrible trend to the sword and batter all comers to get the league trophy this season.

As POM said after the game: “I’m getting tired of learning lessons myself, personally, to be honest,” said the Munster captain. “They all hurt these ones.” “I’m just tired of losing semi-finals,”

Get out there and make it right, regroup and get stuck into 320 mins of rugby.

They're good enough to win the title if they get their heads right, the talent and skills and set pieces are there, its a mental thing.
        I am the million man.

Comment

Put aside yesterdays game and get the heads right now for the last hurdle. We are plenty good to win this outright and Leinster (assuming they make the final) will be somewhat tired after the Euro final.

Silverware of any variety would be a massively successful season for us given the turmoil with coaches.

The coaching ticket need to look at the first 20 minutes strategy as there is something seriously amiss, the amount of games in Thomond this season we have leaked a first score is beyond belief

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
            They are in the playoffs already. Treviso cannot catch them. They might, if Edinburgh lose, get an automatic slot by beating us. Make them go the long way.
            Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
              They are in the playoffs already. Treviso cannot catch them. They might, if Edinburgh lose, get an automatic slot by beating us. Make them go the long way.
              Indeed. Whether there will actually be a Euro playoff will be decided by the actions of other sides over next few weeks.

Comment

They’ll all want to play against Ulster, whether they should or will is another matter but they’ll be foaming at the mouth over this one. Very disappointing but they’ll all want to hit something hard next week.
                The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
                  They need a winning bonus and for Embra to get nowt. (Embra have 14 wins and Ulster 12. That's the first tiebreaker)

Comment

Ulster just want it anyway - slavering for a return to focus on playing winning rugby and proving themselves. And they'll feel they have a damn good chance, hoping Munster heads will be down and big names rested...

Comment

Play the b and I team. We have 2nd pretty much secured. We need 3 huge game to win play offs and title and we need to start targeting to peak at the right time. Our squad is nowhere near strong enough to compete on 2 fronts so we need a lot of time to recover from the European cup run otherwise we will end up running out of gas similar to last season.

Comment

We need to start fixing some of the things that went wrong in the last game too, playing the b &I team won't do that.
                        A mix of experience and squad members .
                        Get on the field and try a few things that may advance the gameplans going forward

Comment

Just give us the 5 points, please!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                          Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
                          http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post
                            We need to start fixing some of the things that went wrong in the last game too, playing the b &I team won't do that.
                            A mix of experience and squad members .
                            Get on the field and try a few things that may advance the gameplans going forward
                            These players are flogged after Toulon, South Africa tour and now Racing. Our squad and particularly in centre is down to bare bones. We were the only team that went to South Africa and won both games. Rest is essential now. When did you last see POM and Murray miss tackles that led to a try? Lot of errors were down to mental errors.

Comment

Match is also available live on BBC 2 NI for any UK viewers.

Comment

Working...
                              X