Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The best ever Munster try in HCup history.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best ever Munster try in HCup history.

Surely Conway's try is the best ever Munster try in the HCup - considering the stretch to catch the ball, his feet positioning, his distance from the line, the time on the clock, the importance of the game, his speed, the defenders beaten, his change of direction to get closer to the posts as 7 points were needed, his overall football brilliance but most of all his belief/desire/courage to execute the one thing that could win Munster the game?
    ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
    AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

It's a great try bu this one is still a cracker...

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

ROG v Toulouse in 2000

That try was rugby from another planet at the time. There's a couple of brilliant offloads and super lines of running. Then to do it against Toulouse on a day where Anthony Horgan should have melted - it still gets my heart going.
      Last edited by Speedee; 1st-April-2018, 19:12.

Comment

I mentioned yesterday Dominic Crotty's second (I think) in the 2000 quarter final against Stade Francais at Thomond Park. But I can't find it anywhere.

Last edited by blackwarrior; 1st-April-2018, 19:17.
        "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
        Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

I was trying to think of that Rog try when I mentioned Murphy on other thread.

Both trys in 06 final were special too. Halstead smash and stringer snipe.

Halsteads maybe not the most spectacular but he steamrolled the biarittz lad
          "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

This one was not bad

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JZjMCkiA_iM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's the best individual try without doubt in my opinion, nothing surpasses it. The combination of skill, athleticism, brains and balls was just breathtaking.
              "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
                This one was not bad

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JZjMCkiA_iM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Watched that.....great try. Then went on to watch the highlights of the miracle match and the Sale match. They were incredible times.....so was saturday.
                Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

This doesn't beat the Conway try for quality, drama or significance but it was a recent combo of team work and two brilliant contributions from Keith Earls - interrupted only by a tap penalty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMj9fUZkG7Y

Comment

On the way up to the game on Saturday I was telling my young lads who are 14 and 10 about the Barry Murphy try in '06. Great that they and the next generation got to experience a wonder try moment of their own.
                    A sign of a great score is when the stranger next to you at a game spontaneously hugs you. There was a lot of hugging done on Saturday around the 74th minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedee View Post
                      ROG v Toulouse in 2000

That try was rugby from another planet at the time. There's a couple of brilliant offloads and super lines of running. Then to do it against Toulouse on a day where Anthony Horgan should have melted - it still gets my heart going.
                      Been my favorite Munster try for the last eighteen years. Still is. Two offloads in particularly in that move are fantastic, John Kellys from the floor, and Crottys last pass to ROG.

Special mention to JJ's try against USAP too.
                      Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Strings scored a belter in Welford Road too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1GK1FGUtVs
                        ("No-one beats Munster twice.")

What about Bambi against NZ!

Dougie's try too away at Gloucester (IIRC) in 2008 from a Quinny offload to Dinny Hurley on his debut, it broke their resistance and took us into a final.

For beauty it's hard to beat Conway's I guess but my favourite ugly try was Leamy against Wasps in the teeming rain at a partially demolished Thomond Park in 2008. The mud, the conditions, the sheer brutality of the game makes it linger in the memory.

And a special mention to Mafi under the posts at the Marcel Michelin in 2008 following a Dougie Howllett turnover on his debut, IIRC. That gave us the LBP that got us out of the group at the expense of ASM who were level on points, and we won the comp.
                        Last edited by rathbaner; 3rd-April-2018, 09:35.
                        Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Conway’s for the skill and ability was exceptional but for me..

Not as technically impressive or half as skillful but for the occasion it was it took some balls to score that try.
                          The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

For a man who plenty will tell you "couldn't attack", ROG sure does attack a lot of gainlines, make a lot of breaks and swing a lot of excellent passes in the videos on this page!

Comment

Rog was a kicking machine alright, his 16 trys for Ireland often overlooked
                              "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Working...
                              X