X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P14 R19) Kings V Munster

[emoji414] Saturday 19.35
    [emoji909]️ Outeniqua Park
    [emoji342] TG4 & Supersport (SA Channel)

FYI, 28 man squad flying down tomorrow:

Simon Zebo, Andrew Conway, Alex Wootton, Darren Sweetnam, Calvin Nash, Sammy Arnold, Rory Scannell, Dan Goggin, Ian Keatley, JJ Hanrahan, Conor Murray, James Hart,

Dave Kilcoyne, James Cronin, Stephen Archer, John Ryan, Brian Scott, Rhys Marshall, Niall Scannell, Billy Holland, Jean Kleyn, Gerbrandt Grobler, Peter O’Mahony, Jack O’ Donoghue, Dave O’Callaghan, Conor Oliver, Robin Copeland, CJ Stander

On the injury front, Tommy O’Donnell underwent surgery for the shoulder injury he sustained against Scarlets in round 18. The flanker has been ruled out for the remainder of the season and joins a significant rehabilitation list, with Keith Earls, Tyler Bleyendaal, Duncan Williams, Chris Cloete, Jaco Taute and Chris Farrell already sidelined.
    Last edited by Cowboy; 1st-April-2018, 20:50.
    I am the million man.

It's the Kings we're playing first, then the Cheetahs.

Comment

Are squad numbers limited for the trip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

P14 R19) Kings V Munster

On TG4 [emoji464][emoji342]
        Last edited by neill_m; 1st-April-2018, 19:42.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post

I think that 28 are covered by organisers in terms of cost. Not sure if others are allowed to travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
            I think that 28 are covered by organisers in terms of cost. Not sure if others are allowed to travel.

Leinster had their visa issues and brought extra guys out, possibly at their own cost.

Comment

Wow. There will be a lot of sore bodies among these 28. Thought there would be more fringe players involved. Not sure if injuries force Van Graan's hand or if this was the plan all along. Very surprised to see Zebo in the squad.
              I feared Murray had taken a knock yesterday but I guess if Stafford is not part of the trip, he must be OK.
              Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Originally posted by ephileth View Post
                Wow. There will be a lot of sore bodies among these 28. Thought there would be more fringe players involved. Not sure if injuries force Van Graan's hand or if this was the plan all along. Very surprised to see Zebo in the squad.
                I feared Murray had taken a knock yesterday but I guess if Stafford is not part of the trip, he must be OK.
                Two wins and Munster guaranteed to finish 2nd. This one and home to Ulster will do the trick.
                ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
                  Two wins and Munster guaranteed to finish 2nd. This one and home to Ulster will do the trick.
                  Agree. Just wonder if it's us showing respect to the league and taking no chance on it, or us having no choice to send our firsts because our firsts are actually anyone who is not injured
                  Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Originally posted by ephileth View Post
                    Agree. Just wonder if it's us showing respect to the league and taking no chance on it, or us having no choice to send our firsts because our firsts are actually anyone who is not injured
                    Makes a lot of sense. Having time together will be good for all concerned. They have had very little in the last 3 months with the spine of the team on Irish duty. Although the risk is more injuries but they can happen in training too.

I wonder how realistic is Earls been back for the semi.

Comment

I don't think we had any other option than to take a full squad to SA. The squad will be home for only a few days before heading to Bordeaux for the CC Semis. There would have been no opportunity to prepare for the Racing game.

Now they'll get quite a few 'warm weather' squad sessions together. Obviously squad/team rotation will require serious planning but it seems a great opportunity to work on all aspects of preparation.

It'll be very interesting to get the feed-back on this.

Comment

Personally I think it's brilliant, not many sides would turn their nose up at a 12 day camp together to get stuff in place for the last few games. In the sunshine!

There could be massive benefits from this little tour.
                        I am the million man.

Comment

Sunshine at this time of year, who would turn that down!

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post

I wonder the same. seems a small strong squad. I was expecting a large squad with some senior guys left behind.

Comment

At a guess the 5 guys called in will start v the Kings. Some key guys will feature at some point during the Cheetahs game.

Comment

Working...
                              X