Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B&I Cup QF: Leinster A v Munster A. Donnybrook, Fri 30th, 3pm.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B&I Cup QF: Leinster A v Munster A. Donnybrook, Fri 30th, 3pm.

We need to win this one.

Hard to know with all the injuries but if I were to guess..

15. Stephen Fitz/ROM
    14. ROM/Fitz
    13. DJ
    12. Goggin
    11. Nash
    10. Billjo
    9. Poland/Staff
    8. Copey
    7. Oliver
    6. DOC
    5. GG
    4. SOC
    3. Scotty
    2. KOB/Sherry
    1. Loughman

Some of these lads could be reserves or on the bench or even starting for seniors but I reckon it'll be something along those lines. Have an inkling JOD and DOS will get the nod over Copey and GG for the firsts.

No idea for bench. So many options in the academy for the backs, not as many sub options up front. Parker, Jack O Sull are possibilities. Gavin Coombes, Fineen Wycherley are injured.
    forti et fideli nihil difficile

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Five View Post

15. Stephen Fitz/ROM
      14. ROM/Fitz
      13. DJ
      12. Goggin
      11. Nash
      10. Billjo
      9. Poland/Staff
      8. Copey
      7. Oliver
      6. DOC
      5. GG
      4. SOC
      3. Scotty
      2. KOB/Sherry
      1. Loughman

Some of these lads could be reserves or on the bench or even starting for seniors but I reckon it'll be something along those lines. Have an inkling JOD and DOS will get the nod over Copey and GG for the firsts.

No idea for bench. So many options in the academy for the backs, not as many sub options up front. Parker, Jack O Sull are possibilities. Gavin Coombes, Fineen Wycherley are injured.
      Very hard to know- and wish the B&I wasnt tied to the Hcup weekend. Anyone any news of what replaces this next year? Really important development opportunity.
      Last edited by jagawayagain; 27th-March-2018, 19:55.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
        Very hard to know- and wish the B&I wasnt ties to the Hcup weekend. Anyone any news of what replaces this next year? Really important development opportunity.
        Apparently an interpros.. which isn't great.

Comment

Very hard to know- and wish the B&I wasnt tied to the Hcup weekend. Anyone any news of what replaces this next year? Really important development opportunity.
          I think having it tied to european weekend is a good thing and it has to probably because of english championship sides and their league.

Apparently an interpros.. which isn't great.
          A proper 6 game interpro series with some sort of series of games against non irish sides would be fine. about 10-12 games would be great.

Comment

The Scots are planning to bring in a new tier between their pro sides and clubs, called Super 6. The clubs will revert to fully amateur. The Welsh are planning to fund U23 sides linked to each region. I presume the plan is that the A sides will play in some form against both of those.

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
              I think having it tied to european weekend is a good thing and it has to probably because of english championship sides and their league.

A proper 6 game interpro series with some sort of series of games against non irish sides would be fine. about 10-12 games would be great.
              Agree. But the interpros alone isn't enough.

Comment

Turns out there's a chance we might be able to go to this. If so, we'd be going in from the M1 to Donnybrook - would the traffic be brutal or would it be a bit lighter for being Friday afternoon/Good Friday? How much time would I need to allow from e.g. passing the airport to parking the car, and would it be better to go round the M50 or head through the city?
                Last edited by mr chips; 28th-March-2018, 10:35.
                Tis but a scratch.

Comment

15. Stephen Fitz/ROM
                  14. ROM/Fitz
                  13. DJ
                  12. Goggin
                  11. Nash
                  10. Billjo
                  9. Poland/Staff
                  8. Copey
                  7. Oliver
                  6. DOC
                  5. GG
                  4. SOC
                  3. Scotty
                  2. KOB/Sherry
                  1. Loughman

All injury dependent but that's a solid guess.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                    Turns out there's a chance we might be able to go to this. If so, we'd be going in from the M1 to Donnybrook - would the traffic be brutal or would it be a bit lighter for being Friday afternoon/Good Friday? How much time would I need to allow from e.g. passing the airport to parking the car, and would it be better to go round the M50 or head through the city?
                    I think it will be lighter than usual with all the businesses and pubs closing and there wont be as many travelling for work.. I would probably go the m50 just because I'm not that familiar with driving in the city but it might be just as fast.

Comment

Walesonline are saying there'll be an U23 league next season involving Welsh, Irish and Scottish teams. 10 - 12 games a season in 2 blocks.

Comment

Originally posted by dropkick View Post
                        Walesonline are saying there'll be an U23 league next season involving Welsh, Irish and Scottish teams. 10 - 12 games a season in 2 blocks.
                        That's great news, dropkick.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggsy View Post
                          That's great news, dropkick.

Yeah it should be a good standard. Also they said there'll probably be a few overage players allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggsy View Post
                            I think it will be lighter than usual with all the businesses and pubs closing and there wont be as many travelling for work.. I would probably go the m50 just because I'm not that familiar with driving in the city but it might be just as fast.
                            Thanks for that. Are many pubs still expected to close now that the ban on Good Friday opening has been lifted? Also, aren't schools usually closed on Good Friday?
                            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                              Thanks for that. Are many pubs still expected to close now that the ban on Good Friday opening has been lifted? Also, aren't schools usually closed on Good Friday?
                              Traffic will be quiet. Schools are off and pubs won't have much of an effect at 3pm even if they are open! I'd go through Dublin.

EDIT: Might tip along to watch it myself Chippy. Will give you a text if I do.
                              "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Working...
                              X