Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTA Heineken Cup Coverage 18/19

Gavin Mairs‏Verified account @GavinMairs 29m29 minutes ago

Exclusive: Champions Cup matches to be shown live on free-to-air TV next season in huge boost for rugby fans. Deal set to be announced Irish broadcaster @TV3Ireland next month. 1 game per pool round.
    Last edited by neill_m; 15th-March-2018, 09:54.

ehhhh.. The deal will see at least one match shown on Channel 4 and TV3 during each of the six pool stages and may also include some of the knock-out stages.

Comment

Is it going to be called the Heineken cup again as well???!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
        Is it going to be called the Heineken cup again as well???!?

Never stopped being the Heineken Cup. The old Musgrave Park v IIP debate!

Comment

Officially announced now. 1 game each weekend including the knockout rounds.
          http://www.epcrugby.com/europeanrugb...p#.WqvsOKKrNzl

Comment

That's a very good move. Despite the media coverage, a big chunk of Irish sports fans aren't engaged in provincial rugby due to a lack of access to European games. If it was that way in the 90's and early 00's we wouldn't have built the following we did.
            "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

The only sport I ever seen on channel four is horse racing and football Italia when Gazza joined Lazio and they overhyped it and he was garbage .

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post
                The only sport I ever seen on channel four is horse racing and football Italia when Gazza joined Lazio and they overhyped it and he was garbage .
                They did NFL in the late 80's early 90's
                Life is good

Comment

This does mean that BT have 100pc of the rights now though and are no longer sharing with sky? Skys rugby coverage will be terrible next year but not buying a BT subscription either

Comment

Originally posted by SlurpySlurps View Post
                    This does mean that BT have 100pc of the rights now though and are no longer sharing with sky? Skys rugby coverage will be terrible next year but not buying a BT subscription either
                    Yeah. BT have 100% of rights.

Comment

How much longer do Sky have the rights to Ireland’s June and November games?

Comment

How much longer do Sky have the rights to Ireland’s June and November games?

Rte have the November internationals

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
                        Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                          Rte have the November internationals

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
                          So Sky have the UK rights for Ireland’s non six nations games and Irish rights for June.

Comment

So Sky have the UK rights for Ireland’s non six nations games and Irish rights for June.
                            Ireland v New Zealand will be worth paying for from Sky's PoV. Long term financial stability for the IRFU means staying competitive with New Zealand. If they can do that UK broadcasters like Sky will be happy to pay.
                            Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Do Ireland sell tour rights? Don't think so, It's the home nation that sells the rights, so Aus have sold their rights to Sky, same with NZ and SA
                              Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Working...
                              X