• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P14 G17) Edinburgh v Munster - Friday 19.35 TG4 & Alba & Murrayfield

Game thread opened

Lets hope its not called off due to the weather thats forecast
    I am the million man.

I am not sure hope will do it. I will be astonished if this game is played. I doubt if Munster will even be able to get to Embra given the forecast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	2493836
      "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Apart from the SA games I would be surprised if any Pro 14 games are played this weekend as the whole of the UK, and the North of Ireland are due to get a quantity of snow. They might have to move the games to next weekend to fit everything in.

Comment

Yeah I will be very surprised if it goes ahead.

Comment

Supposed to be going to this. If the game is cancelled, would be be prosponed to later in the weekend when the weathers supposed to improve or reschedule for another weekend
            "The PRO12 is our domestic league, it's what you earn your bread and butter from; it's what pays the bills. We need to broaden our emphasis and get an understanding in Irish rugby that the domestic league from now on is most important and that's what qualifies you now for Europe.'' Garrett Fitzgerald, CEO Munster

Comment

I’m living in Scotland and there’s between 2-4 inches of snow forecast on Wednesday with ‘light’ snow Tues & Thurs. Nobody is getting excited up here.

I think the media hysteria is because Essex will have the same weather as Aberdeen for a few days this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              1973-2016

Comment

Never used to be such hysteria about a bit of snow. I mean, it's a pain in the ass & all for driving and you don't like to be too cold, but christ almighty there's no need for a "weather warning" unless it's going to be more than a few inches deep or there's going to be blizzard.

Here's a blast from the past - is anyone old enough to remember the snow in the early-mid eighties (maybe '84 or so) which closed a lot of schools etc for a week? That was a very rare occurrence in my youth, whereas there seem to be a few one-to-three day school closures nearly every winter now. Anyway, at that time we were living where you could get BBC tv and that week of the snow-enforced school closures, they happened to start showing be a four- or five-part daily drama called Anzacs, set in the time before and during WW1. I have great memories of it, must look it up. I think we ended up having to go back to school on the Friday, so I don't know whether I ever got to see the final episode!

EDIT - 1987 it was, according to Wiki, and five episodes. Gonna have to hunt it down ...
                Last edited by mr chips; 26th-February-2018, 15:41.
                Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                  Never used to be such hysteria about a bit of snow. I mean, it's a pain in the ass & all for driving and you don't like to be too cold, but christ almighty there's no need for a "weather warning" unless it's going to be more than a few inches deep or there's going to be blizzard.

Here's a blast from the past - is anyone old enough to remember the snow in the early-mid eighties (maybe '83 or '84 or so) which closed a lot of schools etc for a week? That was a very rare occurrence in my youth, whereas there seem to be a few one-to-three day school closures nearly every winter now. Anyway, at that time we were living where you could get BBC tv and that week of the snow-enforced school closures, they happened to start showing be a four- or five-part daily drama called Anzacs, set in the time before and during WW1. I have great memories of it, must look it up. I think we ended up having to go back to school on the Friday, so I don't know whether I ever got to see the final episode!
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	RKBN5qW.gif
Views:	1
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	2493840
                  "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]16863[/ATTACH]
                    the lack of respect the youts have for anyone that can remember the last decade (or in my case cant)
                    Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                      there's no need for a "weather warning" unless it's going to be more than a few inches deep or there's going to be blizzard.
                      That's precisely what they are warning is coming.
                      Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
                        That's precisely what they are warning is coming.
                        G'way out that with your "facts", they're all soft nowaydays. Wouldn't know a daycent days work if it bit them on the arse. With their twotter and they instaselfies and whatnots.

In my day we had to walk uphill through four foot of snow to get to school; in me bare feet 'coz me Ma was worried that my good school shoes would get wet. 'Twas all fine though 'çoz the brothers (God bless 'em) would warm me feet up with their rulers when I got there.

Comment

Originally posted by AwayFromHome View Post
                          G'way out that with your "facts", they're all soft nowaydays. Wouldn't know a daycent days work if it bit them on the arse. With their twotter and they instaselfies and whatnots.

In my day we had to walk uphill through four foot of snow to get to school; in me bare feet 'coz me Ma was worried that my good school shoes would get wet. 'Twas all fine though 'çoz the brothers (God bless 'em) would warm me feet up with their rulers when I got there.
                          Luxury!!! My mother cut my feet off to save wearing out the nail clippers...

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                            Luxury!!! My mother cut my feet off to save wearing out the nail clippers...

And you tell kids that today and they won't believe ya

Comment

Originally posted by AwayFromHome View Post

Didn’t realise we lived next door and went to the same school

Comment

Working...
                              X