No announcement yet.

RCC G6) Mun V Castres Olympique. Sunday-13.00 @TP or Sky Sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry if this has been posted earlier . big difference in hours from O Gara country in Canterbury NZ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mYGVOHjXwM
    Caoimhin De Burgh

Comment

LMAO at Kleyn's comment after the fans left when the delay was announced: ""When we arrived on the bus I thought, 'jeez, it's going to look like a PRO14 game in there'."

Comment

Any views on the position of Clermont in that table? If they do not get into the top 6, then they are out of Europe for next year unless they win the Cup. Does anyone know if they have an easy run in for the rest of the season that could bring them back up the T14?

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
          I could be wrong - but is that still not the purely geographical term for England/Scotland/Wales + Ireland? Nothing political intended. Anyhow, you know what I mean when I say that Earls is the best wing in both islands.
          It certainly is.

The British Isles is the correct geographical term for the archipelago of Islands that includes Ireland. There are Hundreds of Islands in the grouping, thousands even believe it or not (depending on the tide).

I don't know why so many Irish people get upset about the term 'British'. My understanding is that the term origninates from the Celtic inhabitants of the Isle's, the majority of whom were Briton/ Breton Celts.

So it is an ancient term and has Nothing to do with "recent" political issues.

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterLux View Post
            LMAO at Kleyn's comment after the fans left when the delay was announced: ""When we arrived on the bus I thought, 'jeez, it's going to look like a PRO14 game in there'."
            When we pitched up at the turnstiles at 11 we heard worrying talk of postponement and unfamiliar words like 'waterlogged pitch'. The opening was delayed so we had time to fret some more before eventually being allowed in. Then we saw the swimming pools on the eastern half of the pitch and thought no way can a match be played here today.

There were four people with pitchforks and two with squeegees. Later a machine appeared. It all seemed too little too late.

Hats off to all concerned for pulling it out of the bag.

The transformation between 12.30 when we left and 2pm when we came back in was astonishing.

Reading this in the Examiner suggests that quick thinking and some improvisation saved the day.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakin...nd-824067.html

Woodies have a ready made advertising campaign there if they want to use it - new sponsorship deal for Munster Rugby?

Another great day. As one man on the gate said as we were leaving, it was the longest match he had ever seen!

[Edit - Largest supporter turnout in the Champions Cup weekend - once again.]
            Last edited by Late try; 22nd-January-2018, 11:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post

I don't know why so many Irish people get upset about the term 'British'. My understanding is that the term origninates from the Celtic inhabitants of the Isle's, the majority of whom were Briton/ Breton Celts.

So it is an ancient term and has Nothing to do with "recent" political issues.
              The swastika is an ancient symbol, doesn't mean people's views can't be coloured by recent-ish history.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fantom View Post
                I agree with you, plus it's cringy.
                Let the Brits call it what they want, anyway it's inclusive and we shouldn't be so touchy about it.
                It's the same as when you ask a Canadian if they're from America.
                I don't have a problem with English people calling our country Eire either.
                But you'll get Irish people probably who can't speak Irish themselves pulling them up on it "you can only say Eire if you're
                talking in Irish". Otherwise it's verboten.
                I mean I doubt if you'd get a German complaining if a Brit called their country Deutschland while speaking English.
                I’m with the government on this one “The British Isles is not an officially recognised term in any legal or inter-governmental sense. It is without any official status. The Government, including the Department of Foreign Affairs, does not use this term."

Anyways , back to more important matters, like how to get one over on the next team to come over from the kingdom of the Franks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What a great day yesterday. Got back to the Big Smoke 12 hours after setting out....tired but happy!!

As I understand it, and once we have dealt with Toulon, we're off to France regardless of whether Racing or Clermont win because Clermont are seeded above us and Racing would be an away team QF winner.If Racing win I presume the match can be anywhere but Paris, or can they opt to play in Paris but not in their own ground? If Clermont win God knows where the match will be, could be Lyon, Montpellier, etc etc? Maybe the best bet is to book flights to Paris and work from their by public transport or hire car?

The pubs and restaurants were really caught on the hop yesterday, getting ready for the Sunday lunch at 12.30 when the Hordes arrived back for three hours.
                  A shout out for that place near Milano's, I think its called House, they really looked after us and served up desert on the house.....'Yee'll need the sugar for the second half lads...''

Great to see Keatley with a big smile on his face at the crowd's reaction to his departure after that last kick.......how times change.
                  GWAN MUNSTER!!
                  Last edited by Surveyor; 22nd-January-2018, 11:34.
                  'twas wicked yousir!

Comment

Was delighted watching Keatley come off after putting the ball into the corner with a ROGesque bit of skill. When he was getting all that stick a two years back who would have guessed that he'd be leaving the field to rapturous applause and looking forward to joining up with the 6Ns squad?

Gwan Keats!

Comment

Originally posted by mickiemcfist View Post
                      The swastika is an ancient symbol, doesn't mean people's views can't be coloured by recent-ish history.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
                      Well this escalated quickly.
                      "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

We should ditch the stag as an emblem and adopt the 20 Pitchforks.
                        Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterLux View Post
                          🤣[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]🤣🤣 ahhh the poor boy ..he hasn't learnt yet. We never leave...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
                          Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
                            I missed the match and didn’t see it on TV.

How did Killer get injured and wtf happened to Keith’s face?
                            Killer got hurt in a tackle, Keith got an elbow in the face, in a ruck in front of their posts 31 minutes in. I think from Combezou - their 13 who got yellow carded from the same ruck -
                            Last edited by rathbaner; 22nd-January-2018, 12:37.
                            Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                              Was delighted watching Keatley come off after putting the ball into the corner with a ROGesque bit of skill. When he was getting all that stick a two years back who would have guessed that he'd be leaving the field to rapturous applause and looking forward to joining up with the 6Ns squad?

Gwan Keats!
                              Straight after he'd threaded through a dink that we reclaimed to allow him slot into the corner. It was magnificent game-management.
                              Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Originally posted by dubaicookie View Post
                                I’m with the government on this one “The British Isles is not an officially recognised term in any legal or inter-governmental sense. It is without any official status. The Government, including the Department of Foreign Affairs, does not use this term."

Anyways , back to more important matters, like how to get one over on the next team to come over from the kingdom of the Franks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Kingdom of Burgundy, as it happens. Only became part of France in 1486.
                                Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Working...
                                X