RCC G6) Mun V Castres Olympique. Sunday-13.00 @TP or Sky Sports

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
    There is always a 24th man, usually a back five player, held back isn’t there? Out of interest, if, God forbid, one of the lads went down injured in the warm up on Sunday would one of the A team lads be able to come onto the bench?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    is there not usually three ish extras. some very hand back, some versitle front row and another forward. I think Frankie Roche(?) was always on the plane
    Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Was going to post about our quality again but who wants to hear it. Up Munster.

Comment

Originally posted by Username View Post
        I think people are happy to debate quality with you and you raise valid concerns. Most would agree that the current squad probably won't win the Champions Cup. However - they MIGHT. It gives most of us on here enormous satisfaction that we can compete with the best while trying as much as possible to do it the Munster way. Where most don't want to debate is what we need to do about any quality gaps. We need to close these with coaching, player development and very carefully targeted recruitment.

Comment

Originally posted by scotscor View Post
          is there not usually three ish extras. some very hand back, some versitle front row and another forward. I think Frankie Roche(?) was always on the plane
          Calvin Nash has been the adaptable back as well as Copeland a good few times this season in the warmups

Cloete did it too before he played for us
          I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
            Calvin Nash has been the adaptable back as well as Copeland a good few times this season in the warmups

Cloete did it too before he played for us
            Probably because he could be either a back or a forward!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah we are current European semi finalist's and have a good chance of matching that this season, terrible isn't it I know....

Comment

Originally posted by garryowen2323 View Post
                Overall I don't think he has fulfilled the hype and potential from his early days but this is definitely an area he's shone in recent times.
                I think he has shown in it parts. Not consistently but he's still only 24 and isnt able to play the big games in his favoured position all too often in big games unless we have CJ out....

Why would I? I live in Clare and support Munster. If we don't invest into the squad we are going nowhere, we need at least 5 players I think, we need to get rid of alot more players. We need a world class lock, hooker, outhalf, replacement for Zebo. Without these positions filled we won't win Europe.
                But thats short term. World class 2nd row, hooker and outhalf and a replacement for Zebo is ridiculously expensive. We dont need to sign a hooker when we've such quality prospects/players and they all have one of the best hookers we've had in pro era as a coach. Do we really need a replacement for Zebo if we've Earls/Conway/Sweetnam all available in the back 3?

Originally posted by mickiemcfist View Post
                Buying in world class talent with our budget will send us exactly nowhere. Im not sure if you're aware, munster don't have a rich sugardaddy like the French clubs. We need sustainable costs & to invest in academies, schools and grassroots.

Do you watch many Munster games? Hooker is the last position we need to sign.
                Yep. We need to invest hugely in schools, clubs. What would be far greater investment would be into clubs so that we get 2 more clubs into division 1A of the AIL along with another club up into division 1B. To help spread contracted players around and also could help attract people down from areas to play AIL rather than Dublin

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                There is always a 24th man, usually a back five player, held back isn’t there? Out of interest, if, God forbid, one of the lads went down injured in the warm up on Sunday would one of the A team lads be able to come onto the bench?
                Always is 2/3 minimum who are 24th men. Spread across few positions to cover any potential pull-up in warm up

Comment

https://www.ladepeche.fr/article/201...-d-avance.html

Castres' Manager Urios:
                  "Before playing Leicester I said we had two big European games to allow us prepare for the Racing (Top 14) home game. I changed my mind a bit. Our win v Leicester and Munster's loss to Racing mean we will head to Ireland to get the best possible result. With a team that will rotate a little. Some players will not make the trip because they have played a lot, for instance Matthieu Babillot. But anyhow we will put out a team solid enough to take the fight to Munster."
                  Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

That’s the tamest fighting talk ever.

Comment

Who cares on them. We play our way and boss the game the rest will take care.

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
                        Source?
                        Mrs. O'Donoghue

Comment

Ah! Yes, only 3 more sleeps!

Comment

I'd say the players are pretty pissed at all the media talk this week.
                            They will be rearing to go and will have us (also pissed off and raring to go) roaring them on.
                            I wonder if Newstalk are the radio broadcaster on Sunday? Wouldn't like to be the pitchside analyst they often use. They will be getting it in the neck.
                            Life is good

Comment

Originally posted by munstershane View Post
                              I'd say the players are pretty pissed at all the media talk this week.
                              They will be rearing to go and will have us (also pissed off and raring to go) roaring them on.
                              I wonder if Newstalk are the radio broadcaster on Sunday? Wouldn't like to be the pitchside analyst they often use. They will be getting it in the neck.
                              Can't wait to hear the post game interview with Pete. Remember, DON'T look in his eyes!
                              Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

I get he feeling the bitterness is approaching peak..... god help castres!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X