Is Rassie taking the Piss ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Rassie taking the Piss ?

As we all know, Rassie Erasmus left his post as Munster DOR mid-season and took Munster's defence coach Jaques Nienbar with him.

Most of us felt that while he was leaving us in the lurch by quitting mid-season, we understood his actions as he was asked to manage his native RU. We also accepted that he took his life-long friend Nienbar with him.

Many were a bit miffed when we recently discovered that Rassie has poached our S&C Coach, Aled Walters - also mid-season.

Now we've learned that Rassie tried to poach our skills coach Felix Jones also. Thankfully Felix has decided to honour his contract and stay.

The Indo reports that MR is disappointed with Rassie but that the relationship hasn't broken down as we are still discussing a possible Munster v Boks game.

IMO - the latest overture is a step to far and I've lost all respect for Erasmus. I won't be attending any game against that guys team as long as he's there.

Any views on this ?

Originally posted by The Yak View Post
    As we all know, Rassie Erasmus left his post as Munster DOR mid-season and took Munster's defence coach Jaques Nienbar with him.

Most of us felt that while he was leaving us in the lurch by quitting mid-season, we understood his actions as he was asked to manage his native RU. We also accepted that he took his life-long friend Nienbar with him.

Many were a bit miffed when we recently discovered that Rassie has poached our S&C Coach, Aled Walters - also mid-season.

Now we've learned that Rassie tried to poach our skills coach Felix Jones also. Thankfully Felix has decided to honour his contract and stay.

The Indo reports that MR is disappointed with Rassie but that the relationship hasn't broken down as we are still discussing a possible Munster v Boks game.

IMO - the latest overture is a step to far and I've lost all respect for Erasmus. I won't be attending any game against that guys team as long as he's there.

Any views on this ?
    You sound like a journalist from the Indo.

Comment

No, he sent plenty of SA talent our way. Partnership is best
      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Sketchy View Post
        You sound like a journalist from the Indo.

I think your onto something, but there are very few spelling mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
          I think your onto something, but there are very few spelling mistakes.
          The end must be nigh if the indo is reduced to trying to create news stories here.
          Having said that I have seen stories in the Guardian which are reports of readers' comments under another Guardian story

Comment

On Topic, I don't have a problem with Rassie trying to poach our people. He only left us to take on what for him is his dream job and he's bound to want to assemble the best team he could. I wouldn't want an incoming coach here to do any differently. Huge compliment to Aled and Felix to be asked.

Comment

I also see it as a huge compliment to Felix. As a player he was not bad but also definitely not outstanding. After his career ending injury he quite quickly went in to coaching at Munster. Back than I was a bit surprised as you normally see these guys starting at AIL level. It seems Felix knows what he does and he does it really well.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post
                I also see it as a huge compliment to Felix. As a player he was not bad but also definitely not outstanding. After his career ending injury he quite quickly went in to coaching at Munster. Back than I was a bit surprised as you normally see these guys starting at AIL level. It seems Felix knows what he does and he does it really well.
                He was about to take Rob Kearney's Ireland shirt ahead of the RWC on 07 when he had that horrific injury.
                Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Imagine if Rassie tried to poach Leinster's backs coach. What would the Indo have made of that?

Something like this I imagine:

"Sly Rassie had no faith in Munster coaching ticket!"
                  "SA rugby chief rates Leinster coach as best in the world"
                  Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Rassie's loyalties are with the SARU, and has an obligation to try and bring in the highest calibre coach he can. You often see this in other sports (e.g. Ancellotti bringing Paul Clement from Chelsea to Real Madrid, PSG and Bayern Munich). It's also nice to see how highly Felix is rated.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
                      Imagine if Rassie tried to poach Leinster's backs coach. What would the Indo have made of that?

Something like this I imagine:

"Sly Rassie had no faith in Munster coaching ticket!"
                      "SA rugby chief rates Leinster coach as best in the world"
                      Girve's far too much of a homeboy to fall to foul temptation
                      Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

Here's your headline:
                        Munster Rugby is International rugby springboard

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
                          He was about to take Rob Kearney's Ireland shirt ahead of the RWC on 07 when he had that horrific injury.
                          Lets be accurate here Rathbaner - he was about to make it obvious that he should be given that shirt instead of the man who still gets it as if from birthright.

Comment

Rassie is simply the cat who tries to take the cream.
                            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Not a piss take but I think it shows how highly Rassie rated Munster. He wants the best and we seemed to have it a bit.
                              Also heard from a source inside the loop that Rassie has made it clear he wants the South African team to play vs Munster in the near future

Comment

Working...
                              X