P14 G11) Munster V Euro Champions Elect @ TP - 15.15 - 26th Dec TG4 & Sky

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P14 G11) Munster V Euro Champions Elect @ TP - 15.15 - 26th Dec TG4 & Sky

Seasons Greetings, let acrimony commence.
    I am the million man.

Wonder will these cowards send down their "B" team again?

Comment

Wish this game had a later kick-off, 3.15 means an early enough start for travelling the day after Christmas. Still an' all, should be a right old ding-dong. Any word yet on whether Healy will be allowed play?
      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

No chance of it happening but would love to see both selecting the best available teams. It would be a great occasion and would give a good indication of the relative strength of both teams.

Admittedly biased but I think the gap has closed significantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone know when Camp Joe is on over the break?
          Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
            Wonder will these cowards send down their "B" team again?
            Cowards?? More they send who they can as there is irish training camp and try deal with all players and getting them games in between europe etc. Just like us.

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
            Wish this game had a later kick-off, 3.15 means an early enough start for travelling the day after Christmas. Still an' all, should be a right old ding-dong. Any word yet on whether Healy will be allowed play?
            TV will have dictated things and christmas is time when they can have earlier kick offs than normal with no people working..

Originally posted by bmacky View Post
            No chance of it happening but would love to see both selecting the best available teams. It would be a great occasion and would give a good indication of the relative strength of both teams.

Admittedly biased but I think the gap has closed significantly.
            Wont happen with irish camps. Having 2 interpros over christmas ideally wouldnt happen as could lead to even more interpros having sides with all available fit players but not sure IRFU would want that??

Comment

Shelbyville need a good Christmas hiding!
              He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

I hear our lads are pinning Jamie Heaslip's central contract to the wall of the dressing room for motivation.
                "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

With current injuries and Joe call ups we'd look something like this

Scott, Scanell, Archer
                  Kleyn, Holland
                  Copey, JOD, Cloete
                  JJ, Dunc
                  Nash (?)
                  Scannell
                  Arnold
                  Wootton
                  Zebo

But there'll hardly be an Ireland camp on St Stephen's Day.

Surely.

Joe call up for Autumn series: D Kilcoyne, T O'Donnell, P O'Mahony, John Ryan, CJ Stander A Conway, K Earls, C Farrell, I Keatley, C Murray and D Sweetnam.
                  Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Cant imagine Earls would be held back - he should start
                    Maybe TOD to bench & Sweetnam should also start

Comment

It seems like for the last couple of seasons when we played 2 inter-pros around year's end, each province ended up playing a strong squad at home and gave up their Irish players for their away game. It was never said but I presumed that this was to facilitate fans who were complaining about the quality of the end of year games. Particularly important for overseas fans who had a rare opportunity to see their team on a Christmas trip home. I imagine that might be the case here again and I guess the Irish camp might be Wed-Fri of next week

Comment

Originally posted by Crazyemerald View Post
                        It seems like for the last couple of seasons when we played 2 inter-pros around year's end, each province ended up playing a strong squad at home and gave up their Irish players for their away game. It was never said but I presumed that this was to facilitate fans who were complaining about the quality of the end of year games. Particularly important for overseas fans who had a rare opportunity to see their team on a Christmas trip home. I imagine that might be the case here again and I guess the Irish camp might be Wed-Fri of next week
                        I hope that you are right, I tried to buy a family ticket to be told that it's a 'Premium' game and there's no family tickets which I find a bit strange as St.Stephan's Day is still very much a family day during the festive season. I ended up paying almost €200 for 2 adults & 3 children in Section 213 of the West Stand.
                        I've no real issue calling it a 'Premium' game if Munster/Leinster have strong squads out but I do have if it's 2 2nd. tier teams.
                        Either way, I'm sure we'll have a great day out but the kids want to see Zebo, Murray, C.J., O'Mahoney etc.

Comment

Leinster were worse than Ant piss the last time they came down here, hopefully they make some good rotations in this game and by good I don't mean throwing the game in the process and especially getting James Lowe involved.

Comment

That time of year again. Would love to see both sides put out their strongest sides but that’s very unlikely.

And sure for the day that’s in it..

Last edited by Stringer9; 18th-December-2017, 17:38.
                            The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazyemerald View Post
                              Or provinces play a stronger side in the game at home as it should be easier to win than an away game.

Originally posted by Soda Bread View Post
                              I hope that you are right, I tried to buy a family ticket to be told that it's a 'Premium' game and there's no family tickets which I find a bit strange as St.Stephan's Day is still very much a family day during the festive season. I ended up paying almost €200 for 2 adults & 3 children in Section 213 of the West Stand.
                              I've no real issue calling it a 'Premium' game if Munster/Leinster have strong squads out but I do have if it's 2 2nd. tier teams.
                              Either way, I'm sure we'll have a great day out but the kids want to see Zebo, Murray, C.J., O'Mahoney etc.
                              Its not strange at all that no family tickets available and correct me if im wrong but its been that way for years.

Comment

Working...
                              X