Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Limerick rugby experience

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Limerick rugby experience

    http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/sp...-limerick.html

    http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/ho...xperience.html

    Fronted by Paul O Connell and finaced initially by JP McManus The Limerick Rugby Experience museum will begin construction in 2018.

    here are 2 images of what it might look like.






    I love this project, People are thinking big and even though it will dramatically alter the skyline there, I don´t see the problem.
    Will it attract the rugby tourist, probably, will it attract the casual, hopefully. School tours, definitely...

    JP would have done his homework on this...
    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

    #2
    here is a google map image of the existing site....

    Click image for larger version

Name:	rugby_experience_address.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	2493513
    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

    Comment


      #3
      Second one, won't get planning, too high versa surrounding Georgian streetscape, i'm sure that fella in Athenry would be objecting, overshadow his low lying fields or something..

      Was wondering where this was at, went very quiet after the initial press

      Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
      ...The Limerick Rugby Experience museum will begin construction in 2018.
      ...
      Doubt it, not with our planning laws
      Last edited by Sulla; 15th-December-2017, 13:55.
      Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

      Comment


        #4
        All preliminary planning process is complete, final planning approval should hopefully be through early next year.
        It will be a tremendous boost to Limerick & will further enhance the Rugby tradition of Limerick/Munster.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Soda Bread View Post
          All preliminary planning process is complete, final planning approval should hopefully be through early next year.
          It will be a tremendous boost to Limerick & will further enhance the Rugby tradition of Limerick/Munster.
          No problem with the idea and concept, but that design is ****ing hideous, and certainly would go all the way on planning appeals, no matter what God given right JP has to do what he wants in Limerick.

          btw nothing listed on LCCC site re planning

          http://eplan.limerick.ie/SearchExact/Address
          Last edited by Sulla; 15th-December-2017, 17:01.
          Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

          Comment


            #6
            I have no problem with the building.. Leave the low lying buildings to the streets off oconnell Street,, and from The Crescent up. The same as they are.

            Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
            He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
              I have no problem with the building.. Leave the low lying buildings to the streets off oconnell Street,, and from The Crescent up. The same as they are.

              Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
              Whatever about the height behind, by steeping back after the second floor, it breaks the line of the streetscape, there's no way planning would allow that
              Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
                http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/sp...-limerick.html

                http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/ho...xperience.html

                Fronted by Paul O Connell and finaced initially by JP McManus The Limerick Rugby Experience museum will begin construction in 2018.

                here are 2 images of what it might look like.






                I love this project, People are thinking big and even though it will dramatically alter the skyline there, I don´t see the problem.
                Will it attract the rugby tourist, probably, will it attract the casual, hopefully. School tours, definitely...

                JP would have done his homework on this...

                Doesnt look realistic, no homeless people sleeping rough outside it.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
                  http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/sp...-limerick.html

                  http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/ho...xperience.html

                  Fronted by Paul O Connell and finaced initially by JP McManus The Limerick Rugby Experience museum will begin construction in 2018.

                  here are 2 images of what it might look like.






                  I love this project, People are thinking big and even though it will dramatically alter the skyline there, I don´t see the problem.
                  Will it attract the rugby tourist, probably, will it attract the casual, hopefully. School tours, definitely...

                  JP would have done his homework on this...
                  The second option looks palatial with the top floor looking suspiciously like a crown.
                  I thought rugby in Limerick was the game of the people
                  Gwan Joe!!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Permission granted by Limerick planners, but then that was always happening.. still can see this going to Bord Pleanala as breaks the line of existing Georgian streetscape on the main street of city. Could run for a while
                    Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                      Permission granted by Limerick planners, but then that was always happening.. still can see this going to Bord Pleanala as breaks the line of existing Georgian streetscape on the main street of city. Could run for a while
                      Hopefully not - will be a great financial boost for Limerick & the exposure will elevate 'Rugby' to a higher level.

                      https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/h...xperience.html


                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                        Permission granted by Limerick planners, but then that was always happening.. still can see this going to Bord Pleanala as breaks the line of existing Georgian streetscape on the main street of city. Could run for a while
                        I'd have to say that I don't like the sound of that. It did huge damage to Dublin.
                        Next to Thomond Park would seem like the obvious place to position this.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                          Permission granted by Limerick planners, but then that was always happening.. still can see this going to Bord Pleanala as breaks the line of existing Georgian streetscape on the main street of city. Could run for a while
                          Fines were the only ones that objected, so they're the only ones who could appeal it to ABP other than the developers themselves (if they don't like one or more of the planning conditions). When even An Taisce don't object, you know you're onto a winner (even if I do think it's hideous).
                          Last edited by Wallyman; 19th-February-2018, 16:00.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Wallyman View Post
                            even if I do think it's hideous).
                            I agree with you, neither are nice but the second one is dreadful looking.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              AnBP decision delayed

                              https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/h...by-museum.html
                              Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X