Ireland Squad for November Tests

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ireland Squad for November Tests

It defies all known rationale to see James Treacy, Adam Byrne & Dave Kearney in the Ireland squad for the November tests.
    None of the 3 have shown that they currently have any form, nor to my mind do they display international potential. Treacy is an honest slogger, but wouldn't get a place in our B&I squad - each & every one of the current Munster hookers leaves him in the thruppeny place, not to mention McCartney & Heffernan from Connacht ! Adam Byrne looks pretty sharp going forward, but every Irish wing must first be a 100% defender - which he ain't ! I do recall that Dave Kearney made a title-saving tackle in Paris a few seasons ago, but that was then, and this is now ! Would he make Munster's squad - I don't think so.

By contrast, I'm thrilled to see Sweetnam & Keatley get the call - I look forward particularly to seeing Sweets wearing Green.

PS it's shocking that Fergus McFadden hasn't got his place

More surprised that Rory Scannell hasn't been picked TBH - Niall Scannell is injured.
    The problem with this world is there are too many snakes... and not enough Ladders!
    Originally posted by joconnell
    If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by ManWithDog View Post
      It defies all known rationale to see James Treacy, Adam Byrne & Dave Kearney in the Ireland squad for the November tests.
      None of the 3 have shown that they currently have any form, nor to my mind do they display international potential. Treacy is an honest slogger, but wouldn't get a place in our B&I squad - each & every one of the current Munster hookers leaves him in the thruppeny place, not to mention McCartney & Heffernan from Connacht ! Adam Byrne looks pretty sharp going forward, but every Irish wing must first be a 100% defender - which he ain't ! I do recall that Dave Kearney made a title-saving tackle in Paris a few seasons ago, but that was then, and this is now ! Would he make Munster's squad - I don't think so.

By contrast, I'm thrilled to see Sweetnam & Keatley get the call - I look forward particularly to seeing Sweets wearing Green.

Include big brother Rob Kearney in that too. WTF does O'Halloran have to do to get a look in, even at training camp.
      Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
        Include big brother Rob Kearney in that too. WTF does O'Halloran have to do to get a look in, even at training camp.
        Move to D4 would certainly help

Comment

Originally posted by Munstersrebel View Post
          Move to D4 would certainly help
          He's fecked then,on his way to Munstyer by all accounts.
          clowns

Comment

Originally posted by barleys chinos View Post
            He's fecked then,on his way to Munstyer by all accounts.
            Didn't say it was rge only way

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
              Maybe contribute handsomely to a test victory in SA for a 14 man Ireland outfit?
              Or was that Matt Healy, or both?
              Baffling.
              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

https://youtu.be/i4ZcBjnzN7g

Even leaving Rob Kearney diving at grass (again) doesn’t seem to be enough to have him selected ahead of him.
                and my home, my home is there.

Comment

Originally posted by ManWithDog View Post

Complete and utter Leinster WUM trying to play the long game. Jog on.

Comment

McCloskey is flying but I atleast expected Scannell to make the squad.
                    forti et fideli nihil difficile

Comment

Honestly, I would have thought Scannell had a decent shot at the 12 jersey. A very strange omission.

Comment

Originally posted by thoughtless View Post
                        Honestly, I would have thought Scannell had a decent shot at the 12 jersey. A very strange omission.
                        Scannell and O’Halloran are the two that stand out for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Both too small to be Joebots
                          I am the million man.

Comment

Dave Heffernan, On the bench for Connacht tonight could have done with a run around Joe Camp. His young enough for a hooker but Ive high hopes for him.
                            When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Bealham too. He’s a quality TH. Porter hasn’t been around a wet week and, while he may have huge potential, he hasn’t earned the opportunity yet. Bealham has.

Comment

Working...
                              X