Quinny's commentary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quinny's commentary

I thought Quinny's commentary was poor today. Am I alone?

Originally posted by yogibear View Post
    I thought Quinny's commentary was poor today. Am I alone?
    I wasn't excited by it,i'd take or leave it but its commentary most of it is crap
    clowns

Comment

Will someone please tell him that the H in the word huge isn't silent

Comment

Now that you mention it nothing could have been as bad as Lukey for Leinster’s match. Himself and as he kept referring to him as “Robbo” i never heard such a pathetic commentary in my life makes Quinny seem like Bill McLaren, god rest him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Anything seems possible now; economic stability, world peace, Conor O’Shea completing a sentence without being interrupted, even the permanent cessation of The X Factor feels within reach.
        RISTEARD COOPER The Irish Times - Thursday, September 22, 2011

Comment

Thought Quinny was perfectly fine as commentators go..

Comment

Quinny has definetly improved as a commentator and on his sports slot on Newstalk ,however he keeps repeating his go to terms "workrate " and "Intensity ",he neds to expand his knowledge in the modern game ,no denying what a superb player he was but I believ e the game has changed so much even in the past few years that he simply doesnt understand a lot of whats going on

Comment

Quinny is perfect for that gig if the potential alternatives are Frankie or Lukey. Both are dreadful.

Comment

Originally posted by canine View Post
                Quinny has definetly improved as a commentator and on his sports slot on Newstalk ,however he keeps repeating his go to terms "workrate " and "Intensity ",he neds to expand his knowledge in the modern game ,no denying what a superb player he was but I believ e the game has changed so much even in the past few years that he simply doesnt understand a lot of whats going on
                I don't know I think that's well harsh.

I would say he's a decent co commentator with quiet good knowledge of the game & he isn't afraid to call out Munster players for a mistake or poor passages of play, the rant after the Stade game comes to mind (can't have been easy for him to do that). Give me that over the pure cheerleading of Luke & Drico any day.

Comment

Lukes d4 accent (from wickla,) is hard work. Awful.

Comment

Quinnie has a 'uge knowledge of the game
                    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

I'm surprised he could string 2 words together. Last year's wounds still very sore for everyone.
                      PAUL O'CONNELL KNOWS MY NAME, HE NEEDED IT FOR THE RESTRAINING ORDER!

Comment

Munster were doing poorly for a long time before Alan
                        made any remarks that could be construed as critical.
                        What choice did he have at the time, his job is to offer comment and things were pretty woeful for a good stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantom View Post
                          Munster were doing poorly for a long time before Alan
                          made any remarks that could be construed as critical.
                          What choice did he have at the time, his job is to offer comment and things were pretty woeful for a good stretch.
                          In fairness to Quinny he wasn't afraid to make the comments at the time, which must have been hard to do with so many of his former team mates involved & with everything that's happened since it can only have made those remarks harder for him to look back on.

But give me that any day over Luke going through each of the injured leinster players in the stands 1 by 1 last week & saying how great they were or BOD in Jan 2016 saying how "lucky" leinster were to be out of Europe in the group stages as it gave them a chance to blood younger players in the last 2 group games. That's pure spin & cheerleading & no more.

Comment

Working...
                          X