No announcement yet.

Welcome Johann van Graan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ROG is on record as saying he will not be at Munster until they are a winning team, while I cannot see him as being second wheel to JVG. ROG is IMHO looking at Ireland post-RWC as attack coach.
    Ref forwards coach we could do a lot worse than Jackman, rather than Ruddock. That whole esisode with Gareth Thomas and players post-Grand Slam is a strange one, like it was a dressing room coup. In recent years he is at AIL level, so someone with more immediate experience at a higher level would be good. despite the basket case that is Dragons, and his ultimate parting with Grenoble, BJ did a good job at Grenoble early on.
    Backs coach - IMHO only someone with real solid experience at top level, and Howley would seem to fit the bill. This is an issue since at ealry 2010 so welcome to him.

Still cannot figure out Fla leaving though.

Comment

John Kelly is still around the place, chairing the PGB. Could be him.

Comment

I'd sooner have Billy Vunipola circumcise me using a billiard ball in a sock than see Jackman join the set up.

Comment

Originally posted by isola ciarrai View Post
          ROG is on record as saying he will not be at Munster until they are a winning team, while I cannot see him as being second wheel to JVG. ROG is IMHO looking at Ireland post-RWC as attack coach.
          Ref forwards coach we could do a lot worse than Jackman, rather than Ruddock. That whole esisode with Gareth Thomas and players post-Grand Slam is a strange one, like it was a dressing room coup. In recent years he is at AIL level, so someone with more immediate experience at a higher level would be good. despite the basket case that is Dragons, and his ultimate parting with Grenoble, BJ did a good job at Grenoble early on.
          Backs coach - IMHO only someone with real solid experience at top level, and Howley would seem to fit the bill. This is an issue since at ealry 2010 so welcome to him.

Shouldnt look at Jackman at all IMO. Spoofer...
          Was poor in Dragons. Yes did ok in Grenoble for a period but he was terrible in few other roles as well. And id rather a guy who will spend all his time working on the role and not be continuing his media duties every chance he gets like Jackman was.

Comment

In fact you could give Jackman the billiard ball and the sock and leave him at it. My deeply average manhood would be safe as houses.

Comment

ROG knows he is not there yet as a head coach. He also know that the Munster job brings its own hassles and would be a bad bet for someone on the way to the top.
              Mike Ruddock- The two coaches that are going didn’t even have under age coaching experience not to mind AIL.
              Not his fault but every dog on the street knew our forwards coach wasn’t up to the task and got plenty of chances. It will be very interesting to see where he’s going and how he does in his new role.

Comment

Originally posted by blade View Post

ROG knows he is not there yet as a head coach. He also know that the Munster job brings its own hassles and would be a bad bet for someone on the way to the top.
                Mike Ruddock- The two coaches that are going didn’t even have under age coaching experience not to mind AIL.
                Not his fault but every dog on the street knew our forwards coach wasn’t up to the task and got plenty of chances. It will be very interesting to see where he’s going and how he does in his new role.

I understood that Fla was generally well thought of (at least by the fans) - and that was reflected on here?
                ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Theres a lot of auld spoof on this thread.
                  Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

I thought Flannery was doing a fine job.
                    The problem with this world is there are too many snakes... and not enough Ladders!
                    Originally posted by joconnell
                    If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Comment

Not sure if Ian Costello's name has been mentioned yet. There's talk of 'someone from the Premiership' and perhaps he fits the bill....

Wasps seem to be having a tough time also - Dai Young has been turned down by Shaun Edwards and AN Other. He doesn't seem to have much of a budget either.

Article from yesterday:

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...coach-16270479

Cossie is Defence Coach and one wonders what would happen if he was offered a good move home...?

(This is pure speculation on my part!)
                      Trust is good; control is better. V I Lenin.

Comment

Originally posted by deadlyBuzz View Post

I thought Flannery was doing a fine job.
                        Yea, and hopefully he’s going to a better role.
                        Maybe he’ll come back with ROG and Paulie.

Leamy would do a fine job with our Forwards.
                        Best young coach in the country.

Comment

Yea, and hopefully he’s going to a better role.
                          Maybe he’ll come back with ROG and Paulie.

Leamy would do a fine job with our Forwards.
                          Best young coach in the country.
                          In your last post- regarding Flannery, you wrote...
                          Not his fault but every dog on the street knew our forwards coach wasn’t up to the task and got plenty of chances.

?

Comment

I know two players who played under him in Clontarf & they are of the opinion that he absolutely wouldn't be up to it. He's not popular with a lot of players he's played for & seeing his interviews while coaching the dragons you can see why.

Comment

Eddie?

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand View Post
                                Eddie?
                                Eddie is actually a superb backs coach. Magnificent ideas. His problem is he will not settle as a #2 and well will try wiggle in to top position

Comment

Working...
                                X