Welcome Johann van Graan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theghost View Post
    MUNSTER BOSS JOHANN van Graan has indicated that he is looking to add an attack coach to his staff ahead of next season.

The South African head coach has previously suggested he will bring in a new face to his coaching team but speaking at Munster’s training centre in the University of Limerick yesterday, van Graan revealed that it is likely to be a coach with expertise in attack.
    Great news - hope he gets the man the man he wants. I like what I am seeing in terms of the people he has bought in thus far. Our defense under JPF has been really good and our injury situation this year has been much better than in recent years - maybe just luck but I suspect also down to new S&C.

Comment

Originally posted by Redcafe1 View Post

Great news - hope he gets the man the man he wants. I like what I am seeing in terms of the people he has bought in thus far. Our defense under JPF has been really good and our injury situation this year has been much better than in recent years - maybe just luck but I suspect also down to new S&C.
      In the beginning JPF got some slack but we where very lucky with Ninaber. Now JPF has really settled in and we got the best defense in Europe. I'm hopeful JvG also finds the right person for attack.

Comment

Its going to be a very important signing. Forget signing big name players etc, this is far more important to get right.

I hope they follow Leinsters lead and get someone experienced. I'd prefer a Kiwi but doesn't have to be as long as they've a proven track record.

Comment

Originally posted by dropkick View Post
          Its going to be a very important signing. Forget signing big name players etc, this is far more important to get right.

I hope they follow Leinsters lead and get someone experienced. I'd prefer a Kiwi but doesn't have to be as long as they've a proven track record.
          That might also be the reason why we have only signed one new player for next year. 1) Priority is attack coach 2) Attach coach would also like to have a say in new reqruitments.

Comment

Glad to see he is reading these forums in making his decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
              Glad to see he is reading these forums in making his decisions.
              Some say that this forum is actually his main reference when picking his team for the games. He has stopped video analysis and switched over to forum analysis in joint sessions with the squad.

Comment

Is there any value in bringing Mike Prendergast back from his French exile? He has never been short of work and I don't know if the move to Toulon was finallized

Comment

Originally posted by barryfitz87 View Post
                  Is there any value in bringing Mike Prendergast back from his French exile? He has never been short of work and I don't know if the move to Toulon was finallized
                  No disrespect but I would hope our target would have international experience at a very high level. That is the calibre we should be aiming for and in fairness the IRFU seem to support bringing in coaches at level eg Lancaster, McFarland, friend.

Comment

Yeah he's meant to be very highly thought of. Would be interesting to see him as a skills coach with an attack/backs coach with more experience in above him?

Comment

Originally posted by LimerickRugbyFan View Post

Yeah he's meant to be very highly thought of. Would be interesting to see him as a skills coach with an attack/backs coach with more experience in above him?
                      Prendy off to Racing apparently

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/s...ian-clubs.html
                      Last edited by barryfitz87; 10th-May-2019, 14:25.

Comment

That'd be great for him! Lot of home grown coaching talent going to be spread around the world now. Hopefully this can only benefit us going forward!

Comment

The Leader reckons Ruddock is the new forwards coach.

They also mention Noel McNamara and "an experienced coach who is currently plying his trade in the English Premiership"

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post

They also mention Noel McNamara and "an experienced coach who is currently plying his trade in the English Premiership"
                            Pat Lam? Mark McCall? Pep Guardiola?
                            ​or maybe it's Ron Atkinson?
                            Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post

Not sure Mike is on any list. Noel Mc is a good coach
                              but not sure he has the experience yet.
                              There will be also be another big name leaving Munster
                              soon ( not in the coaching team). This departure will rattle the Munster community big time !!

Comment

Originally posted by blade View Post

Not sure Mike is on any list. Noel Mc is a good coach
                                but not sure he has the experience yet.
                                There will be also be another big name leaving Munster
                                soon ( not in the coaching team). This departure will rattle the Munster community big time !!
                                Tell me it's not Murty...

Comment

Working...
                                X