Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dropkick View Post
    JJ is on 528 minutes.

Stephen Fitzgerald was very good for Munster when he got a chance at the end of last season.

If I was Calvin Nash I would be thinking of making a similar move.
    JJ has been out for several weeks obviously, but that’s a heck of a lot more minutes than TB (although TB only became available a few weeks before JJ was injured). Given that we have to play JC when fit- those numbers show the logjam at 10. No one’s fault, just circumstances, but you’d imagine BJ and JJ will start the first few months of next season.

The absence of a decent A competition ups the ante for a young player in terms of moving for firt team opportunities, fewer with Munster but pulling up trees in the A competition, might still be a better bet than moving for a few more first team starts, but playing with a weaker side (apologies Connacht), or second tier French side.

If you imagine the best provinciial senior schools side each year, and that it takes a player 4/5 years post school to establish themselves (not necessarily starting for Munster), that’s 4 or 5 promising lads with dreams of a career, in line behind. If you don’t get Ireland U20 etc where you are, moving may be the only way of getting exposure. This is one of the reasons we need AIL to be well supported.

Comment

Our man was on CPD work experience all week in the Leaderdome

Click image for larger version

Name:	1644907.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	2558686

Name:	1644845.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	2558687
      I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
        Our man was on CPD work experience all week in the Leaderdome

Name:	1644907.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	2558686

Name:	1644845.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	2558687
        In Edinburgh for the weekend too.

Comment

Excellent experience to be on hand when Schmidt's team and Farrell's defensive system came unstuck so spectacularly.
          i hope he got a chance to say "I told you you should have started Chris Farrell against Manu".
          Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Working...
          X