Adidas as sponsors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adidas as sponsors

Changes in the kit sponsorhip deal apparently - Adidas going to utilised as from next season.

Already covered ad infinitum TB - anyone seen a preview of the new jersey yet?
    Trust is good; control is better. V I Lenin.

Comment

Originally posted by Blindsider.
      Already covered ad infinitum TB - anyone seen a preview of the new jersey yet?

Mod: Pictura non grata

Comment

fair enough, I heard about a week ago. Haven't seen any designs etc / undoubtedly it will be a decent shirt (I'd imagine it being aligned with the Super 14 style of shirt).

Comment

it'll probably look like the ref's jerseys in the 6 nations, but red.
          <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
          http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
          </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

are the super 14 ones cotton or some synthetic fabric like the lions one?
            "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

<DIV>
              Originally posted by Hugged Rugger
              are the super 14 ones cotton or some synthetic fabric like the lions one?
              </DIV>
              <DIV></DIV>
              <DIV>Same as the Lions.</DIV>
              <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
              http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
              </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Its a typical Addidas effort I have heard....

Comment

Yeuck...I have the Lions jersey and hate it...doesn't feel as comfy as to Canterbury one at all.

Comment

Adidas have tended to diversify a bit though - the playing shirts are as imagined, but on the lions tour they also brought out retro tracksuit tops and stuff.

They know that there's only so much of a market for the temex shirts, so at Stade for instance they sell all of the skinny fit blue and pink ones, but they sell this as well:

@@@@SPAN id=z&#111;ne_image>@@@@/SPAN>
                    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy

Adidas have tended to diversify a bit though - the playing shirts are as imagined, but on the lions tour they also brought out retro tracksuit tops and stuff.

They know that there's only so much of a market for the temex shirts, so at Stade for instance they sell all of the skinny fit blue and pink ones, but they sell this as well:

@@@@SPAN id=z&#111;ne_image>@@@@/SPAN>

HE LOOKS LIKE SOMEBODY OFF THE ANGELUS AT 6 O CLOCK
                      Is it only a game?
                      And its Thomond Park NOT Thomond

Comment

Visited a local sports shop last weekend and was shown the three new Munster Adidas jerseys, on the owners mobile phone. ( he was shown them at an Adidas roadshow) Will see can I get a copy of the pictures to post.

All three jerseys are exactly the same design and material as the Lions jersey. Home jersey is red with some navy around the shoulders. Away jersey is Navy with some red, around the shoulders. The Supporters jersey is all green.

According to the Shop owner, the Lions jersey was the poorest seller he ever had, because people did not like the material and the collar. He reckons that people will have similiar issues with the Munster ones. He did however say that the Ireland World Cup jersey that is coming out is the best rugby jersey he has seen.

Comment

Originally posted by shep

Visited a local sports shop last weekend and was shown the three new Munster Adidas jerseys, on the owners mobile phone. ( he was shown them at an Adidas roadshow) Will see can I get a copy of the pictures to post.

All three jerseys are exactly the same design and material as the Lions jersey. Home jersey is red with some navy around the shoulders. Away jersey is Navy with some red, around the shoulders. The Supporters jersey is all green.

According to the Shop owner, the Lions jersey was the poorest seller he ever had, because people did not like the material and the collar. He reckons that people will have similiar issues with the Munster ones. He did however say that the Ireland World Cup jersey that is coming out is the best rugby jersey he has seen.

Are Adidasflashing them about without having doneany sort of big launch?

The Lions jersey was also a poor seller because they got the living piss beaten out of them, I reckon. If you're going to sell a shirt for a team that plays three tests every four years they'd better be winning at least.
                          "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy

Are Adidasflashing them about without having doneany sort of big launch?

The Lions jersey was also a poor seller because they got the living piss beaten out of them, I reckon. If you're going to sell a shirt for a team that plays three tests every four years they'd better be winning at least.
                            For some reason Adidas stuff always ends up in the public domain before the launch, it was the same when they took over the Liverpool deal after buying Reebok. Somehow prototypes of the shirts leaked all over the internet. Not that the company minds getting an early taste of what public opinion of their new product will be before they start production, oh no. [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
                            Comment

The Supporters jersey is all green.

Huh?A traditional Munster colour then?[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]
                              Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

Working...
                              X