Munster A/British & Irish Cup 2017/18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Munster A/British & Irish Cup 2017/18

Head Coach Peter Malone will again take charge of Munster A for the coming season as his provincial charges set about defending their British and Irish Cup title.

It’s a case of as you were across the management team with Malone’s Greencore Munster Academy coaching colleagues, Colm McMahon and Greig Oliver, again taking charge of the forwards and backs respectively. Alan Miller will continue as Team Manager.

2017/18 Munster A Management Team

Head Coach – Peter Malone

Forwards Coach – Colm McMahon

Backs Coach – Greig Oliver

Team Manager – Alan Miller

2017/18 Munster A Fixtures

The following Munster A friendlies and B&I Cup fixtures have been confirmed for the coming season.

In preparation for their B&I Cup title defence, Munster A will take on their Leinster counterparts in an interprovincial friendly at Thomond Park on Wednesday October 4th at 5.30pm and will return to the Limerick venue in December for the annual Munster A/Development v Ireland U20s clash on Friday December 29th at 1pm.

Drawn in Pool 1 for this season’s B&I Cup, Munster A will play all their home pool games under Friday Night Lights at Irish Independent Park, Cork at 7.45pm.

Starting the competition away to Ospreys Select at St Helens, Swansea on Saturday October 14th, their first home game will play host to a number of familiar faces when former Munster Assistant Coach Ian Costello brings his Nottingham side to Cork on Friday October 20th. Greencore Munster Academy graduates Shane Buckley, Rory Burke and Gearoid Lyons are among those now playing for the Championship side.

Friday Night Lights are back again in December when Munster entertain Bedford Blues on the 8th with the return fixture taking place a week later at Goldington Road, Saturday December 16th.

It’s off to The Bay, Nottingham on Friday January 12th and Munster A complete their pool action on home soil against Ospreys Select on Friday January 19th.

B&I Cup Fixtures

Round 1 – Ospreys Select v Munster A, Saturday October 14th at St Helens Swansea, ko 2.30pm.

Round 2 – Munster A v Nottingham, Friday October 20th at Irish Independent Park, ko 7.45pm.

Round 3 – Munster A v Bedford Blues, Friday December 8th at Irish Independent Park, ko 7.45pm.

Round 4 – Bedford Blues v Munster A, Saturday December 16th at Goldington Road, ko 3pm.

Round 5 – Nottingham v Munster A, Friday January 12th at The Bay, ko 7.45pm.

Round 6 – Munster A v Ospreys Select, Friday January 19th at Irish Independent Park, ko 7.45pm.

Challenge Fixtures

Munster A v Leinster A – Wednesday October 4th at Thomond Park Stadium, ko 5.30pm.

Munster A/Development v Ireland U20s – Friday December 29th at Thomond Park Stadium, ko 1pm

So the Castres game in the last round of the Nigels' Cup won't be on the Friday. Or will it?

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
      So the Castres game in the last round of the Nigels' Cup won't be on the Friday. Or will it?
      Most likely not Piquet just going on past fixtures.. Well hopefully not anyway because I'd like to attend both!

Comment

Big one this Friday in IIP. Going to try and make it if work permits me.
        forti et fideli nihil difficile

Comment

If, as stated in this morning's papers, Munster have only one fit Loose Head, who's going to prop for the A Team on Friday night?

Comment

If, as stated in this morning's papers, Munster have only one fit Loose Head, who's going to prop for the A Team on Friday night?
            Barley's Chinos
            I am the million man.

Comment

Possibly Joey Conway.

Comment

There is a full round of club games but i will assume a club prop/sub academy prop.

Comment

Bedford away this Saturday.. Expecting a tough game.

Comment

Munster A: Dave Johnston (C); Stephen Fitzgerald, Alex McHenry, Dave McCarthy, Liam Coombes; Bill Johnston. James Hart; Jeremy Loughman, Mike Sherry, Ciaran Parker; Fineen Wycherley, Sean McCarthy; Sean O’Connor, Gavin Coombes, Robin Copeland.

Replacements: Vincent O’Brien, Rob O’Donovan, Evan Mintern, Jack O’Sullivan, John Poland, Conor Fitzgerald, Jack Power.

Comment

If they can sort out the lineout they'll be in with a strong chance. The score flattered Bedford the last night.

Glad to see Parker and O'Donovan back and Copey at 8 is a good addition.

Comment

Am I right in saying from the starting team 5 backs and 5 forwards are either current Munster Academeny or graduates - and all the replacements . That is impressive .

Comment

Originally posted by Luimneach View Post
                          Am I right in saying from the starting team 5 backs and 5 forwards are either current Munster Academeny or graduates - and all the replacements . That is impressive .
                          6 backs are products of Munster if you include McCarthy who is currently sub academy.

Comment

whats up with duncan casey??

Comment

Originally posted by Swoosh View Post
                              whats up with duncan casey??
                              Guessing Duncan is a travelling reserve for the seniors with Rhys Marshall out.

Comment

Working...
                              X