Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neill_m
    replied
    Edinburgh putting in a 7,800 capacity ground in the back pitches of Murrayfield. 3G pitch. Ready for start of 19/20 season.

Leave a comment:

• mickiemcfist
    replied
    Conference B would be my choice out of those, although I hate playing Scarlets.

Leave a comment:

• ephileth
    replied
    Originally posted by neill_m View Post
    Anyone heard any whispers re the conferences for 18/19?

A couple of possibilities - they are re-ranked based on this season which would see Munster and Leinster trade.

Or they remain the same to allow a full 2 year window for all sides to play home and away v all sides and re-rank next summer?
    Would not bet the house on it but I think I read early this season that the conferences would be based on teams ranks from the previous season.

Which would indeed mean swapping Munster and Leinster:
    A: Leinster - Connacht - Cardiff - Ospreys - Glasgow - Zebre - Cheetahs
    B: Munster - Ulster - Scarlets - Dragons - Edinburgh - Treviso - Kings

Leave a comment:

• neill_m
    replied
    In terms of the Cheetahs and the Kings. Cheetahs over achieved in Year 1 probably and as a result some of their better players have got moves to the NH. The Kings threw together a squad at the 11th hour and did struggle, but lets see what they can do with a proper pre-season etc.

On the travel front to SA, it was pretty ok. We had visagate re Leinster which was avoidable.

The new tv deal is very good business. All games being shown compared 4/5 out of the 7 in the season just past with a FTA element kept also for those who don't wish to subscribe.
    Last edited by neill_m; 31st-May-2018, 09:41.

Leave a comment:

• jagawayagain
    replied
    I re-read the opening pages of this thread, and wonder now, a year later what people think. To me, it has been an outstanding success, not perfect, but when you consider we managed to go from 12 to 14 teams, embracing another continent, in a matter of months. OK only one team was competitive, but is suspect when they can plan their season better that will change. There’s also the prospect of another couple, it would seem, a Tv deal that will increase coverage, and an end of the league part of the season when almost every game had something depending on it. Massive achievement by the admin folk- wonder if it’s also been better for the players?

Leave a comment:

• neill_m
    replied
    Anyone heard any whispers re the conferences for 18/19?

A couple of possibilities - they are re-ranked based on this season which would see Munster and Leinster trade.

Or they remain the same to allow a full 2 year window for all sides to play home and away v all sides and re-rank next summer?

Leave a comment:

• neill_m
    replied
    Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets SF No1 Friday 7:45pm - Sky Sports, BBC2W & ALBA

15 Hogg; 14 Seymour , 13 Grigg , 12 Johnson , 11 van der Merwe; 10 Russell, 9 G.Horne; 1 Bhatti, 2 Brown, 3 Z.Fagerson, 4 Swinson, 5 Gray ; 6 M.Fagerson , 7 Gibbins , 8 Wilson (C)

16 Turner, 17 Allan, 18 Halanukonuka, 19 Harley, 20 Fusaro, 21 Pyrgos, 22 P.Horne , 23 Jackson

15 McNicholl; 14 Prydie, 13 Williams, 12 Parkes, 11 S.Evans, 10 Patchell, 9 G.Davies; 1 R.Evans, 2 Owens (C), 3 Lee, 4 Beirne, 5 Cummins, 6 Shingler, 7 J.Davies, 8 Barclay

16 Elias, 17 W.Jones, 18 Kruger, 19 Rawlins, 20 Boyde, 21 J.Evans, 22 D.Jones, 23 Hughes

1/2 P out for the Scarlets, but McNicholl returns. Patchell on kicking duties. Glasgow 10/10 at home, but recent form is not perfect. Bookies have Glasgow 2-3 points favs.

Leave a comment:

• KerryRed
    replied
    Originally posted by North Country Spider View Post
    Think I read somewhere that there is a move by Wimmin to get rid of this type of filth. The me2 movement etc after nutter weinstein etc.
    Think that was the mandatory topless ones in the States. One was sacked for not participating.

Not cheerleaders in general... Go Sharks!!

Leave a comment:

• dropkick
    replied
    Originally posted by North Country Spider View Post
    Think I read somewhere that there is a move by Wimmin to get rid of this type of filth. The me2 movement etc after nutter weinstein etc.

Yes healthy looking cheerleaders are bad but angry fatties on stage in the Eurovision are good role models. Lol

Leave a comment:

• North Country Spider
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sulla
    replied
    Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
    Irish newspapers reported that the arrival of three new SA teams was factored into the Pro14 Premier Sports TV deal.

Anyway SARU needs money desperately. How can they hope to sign a lucrative TV deal in Super Rugby when half their games take place in the middle of the night? Moving to the Pro14+ gives their sponsors and advertisers an in to Europe and with the hope of access to EPCR rugby then the chance of access to UK and France.

Ironically, the BT deal that killed the HEC has pretty much made prisoners of the APL. They simply cannot survive without it.

So if BT want the Saffers included, then the APL must do a deal.
    I, for one, am all for this..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bv3ian-CMAA7phR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	2494139

Leave a comment:

• Piquet
    replied
    They can only afford ten minutes injury time between the two halves, given the standard fifteen minutes for Halftime.

Leave a comment:

• neill_m
    replied
    Should finish before KO in the CL final, unless there is a big TMO/injury delay.

However not much wriggle room. 5:30 KO better

Leave a comment:

• rathbaner
    replied
    Obvs Leinster will have it in the bag by half time.

Leave a comment:

• Piquet
    replied
    And how, exactly, will that avoid clashing with the Champions' League Final?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X