No announcement yet.

The new PRO14 format

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given the choice I would sooner watch rugby with commentary as Gaeilge than have my ears assaulted by that gurgling fool Robbo. Please excuse my feeble attempts at using the language.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yerp Click image for larger version

Name:	bacon_bandages_grande.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	2493898
      I am the million man.

Comment

So anyone who has sn opinion that differs from yours is a spammer? Gosh thats bad... Opinion dictators

Comment

Originally posted by Munstersrebel View Post
          So anyone who has sn opinion that differs from yours is a spammer? Gosh thats bad... Opinion dictators
          I suspect Cowboys post was directed at me Munstersrebel. Don’t be so sensitive.

Comment

I've no problem with different opinions to mine. Don't try to infer anything, I was quite clear - you haven't a clue what you're talking about. Not a rashers.

I do have a problem with rubbish and ill informed crap being espoused as gospel, or yet another half baked and inevitably incorrect conspiracy theory.

There are millions on this island who were taught Irish in school and it is integral to our identity. We might not be fluent in it but it is still ours. We are proud of it.

You don't like that a sport you've a passing interest in doesn't cater to your needs then perhaps you should go find it somewhere where it does and leave the rest of us to enjoy it on our TVs for free - even if we can't understand every word of the commentary.

I'm sure there's a stream for some Super Rugby match on you can pick up, it'll be in English
            I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post

No, it wasn't Paddy. You know what's what.
              I am the million man.

Comment

Where did i disrespect your culture?

Are ALL programs in Gaelic? If not and they are not your undermined yourself. So take your pork and eat it internet bully.

Comment

No pp he has it in for me just like 1 other. They intend to run everyone off who have a different opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                    No, it wasn't Paddy. You know what's what.
                    Not when it comes to the Irish language I don’t.....

Comment

... Unbelievable...
                      A smart remark/put down as an opening salvo, Ireland has managed to retain P14 coverage for the public for free where the UK nations have not. A great achievement for all of us IMO

I refer to my post.

Lemme put it this way i know a bunch of expats who wanted to watch but the hurdle of watching a sport they want to discover with gaelic commentary is too much. I ve stopped watching too (not Irish). More and more new Irish never learned Gaelic and are put off by it. So i am happy for you... Long may it last. Ill watch The Highlanders and Super Rugby instead.
                      If you've stopped watching Munster or TG4 then what difference is it to you whether the game is broadcast with Irish commentary or Swahili? If your expat friends want to learn rugby ask the guy standing beside them in the pub or at a club game. Its not rocket science.

Why are you on here moaning if you're not even watching the coverage in the first place?

Keep dreaming rte pays more for rights their catchment area is 4.5m tga maybe . 0.5m. Okus tg4 gets subsidies from the eu for their cultural purpose
                      This was shown to be incorrect within a post or two - not a rashers

Where did i disrespect your culture?

Are ALL programs in Gaelic? If not and they are not your undermined yourself. So take your pork and eat it internet bully.
                      Where did I say you disrespected our culture? What I proved (I believe) is that you came on here with a poor attitude toward something you told everyone you'd stopped watching or being interested in because you couldnt understand the commentary. You cant get enough from the game on Free to Air TV by just watching it? You have to have the commentary also? really?

TG4 is the Irish Language channel whose main aim is to promote and grow our language. Its what its there for, even showing the rugby as gaeilge is helping in some small way ffs.

When I point out the inaccuracies or plainly wrong elements of your posts you claim I'm bullying you? Just because you keep saying things or making things up and someone calls you ashore on it?

Maybe do some better research, pay more attention to Munster and stop with the throwaway remarks that are baseless and you mightnt feel the need to claim you've been bullied.
                      I am the million man.

Comment

Not when it comes to the Irish language I don’t.....

We are playing Edinburgh next friday night, without any commentary whatsoever you'd be more than capable of making out the entire Munster 23, and a fair whack of the Edinburgh lads. You dont need a commentator to tell you a knock on occured or a dead ball is a scrum back.

You dont need the commentary, most people dont actually need the commentary, its more of a barometer for the ebb and flow of the game and the pressures involved than anything. Its great if you can pick up an update on an injured player from the game (which is almost always given in English on TG4 anyway)

I just find the bashing of something that is good AND FREE, unfair and unnecessary.

I think those who know me on here would say I am fair and even handed on alternative opinions too, I'd like to think so anyway.
                        I am the million man.

Comment

The problem I have with TG4 is as much to do with the people they have presenting the show as with the fact that the language is Irish.
                          I can barely understand the woman, sorry I don't know her name and her voice is not easy on the ear, way too high pitched.
                          I can't understand the Eoin man at all, it's like he has no teeth. I can understand John Broderick quite well and the commentators are fine though one of them has quite a harsh nasally voice.
                          One of the co-commentators, although his Irish is better than mine it's still pretty painful to listen to as he stumbles through every sentence and sticks in English words when he gets stuck.
                          The point is that I suspect none of them would get any kind of a gig on english language tv.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                            I just find the bashing of something that is good AND FREE, unfair and unnecessary.

It's no more free than the guards or the public hospitals or any public service. We're paying their wages one way or another.

Comment

"Take your pork and eat it internet bully" is my new catchphrase.

If Inverdale says it on TV everybody has to take a drink.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantom View Post
                                One of the co-commentators, although his Irish is better than mine it's still pretty painful to listen to as he stumbles through every sentence and sticks in English words when he gets stuck.
                                That's how more or less every Irish speaker speaks these days. It's pretty natural.

Comment

Working...
                                X