The new PRO14 format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
    Apparently Zebre as we know it will be disolved and another "Zebre" will be formed to take their place for the coming season. This probably means contracts are void, so they could be decimated for the season.
    Have they any handy tightheads?
    and my home, my home is there.

Comment

http://www.punditarena.com/rugby/smc...-remain-pro12/

To be taken, as usual, with a pinch of salt.
      Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
      Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
        Why would they want to go there?
        They might, but can't see the IRFU liking it's Irish squad players having to put up with 2 long haul flights and associated travel time of 36+ hours in one weekend
        Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

@ZebreRugby 17m ago

Zebre Rugby will retain their name and will play the @PRO12rugby in Parma. The club got back under the Union ownership with a new management

Comment

Good for Zebre, union led is safer than vultures or being a plaything
            I am the million man.

Comment

This will probably give Conor O'Shea greater influence in training/playing standards etc, so could turn out to be a good thing both for Zebre and for the league. Be interesting to see how they and Dragons fare over the next couple of seasons.
              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                A nation that are two time RWC champions have entered the league and doubled the money involved. They're a nation 10 times bigger in population than us and have massive pedigree in rugby

It's as easy to see the positives as the negatives. They will undoubtedly add more to the league than some semi pro outfits from USA or Canada who bring no TV money whatsoever
                And they kindly handed us their filler teams that SR,TOP 14, AP did not want. Thank you so much for your kindness SA!

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                  I was staying with in-laws last week. They got a new dog a few months back, a cross between a poodle and a cocker spaniel which delights in the classification "cockerpoo" and whose behaviour was quite amusing to observe while I was there. When safely ensconced in the back garden with its 8 foot hedges and fences, any peep out of neighbouring doggies was met with a furious response of barking and yapping as it hurled itself up the fence as high as it could spring. Real "hold me back" stuff. Any time it was taken out for a walk, however, it trembled and cowered away from any other dogs, bigger or not - even though they were invariably wagging their tails and just having a sociable oul' sniff.

I just felt it was appropriate to share that.
                  Got one bether, one of my favourite movies as a kid one of the characters talked about what you'd get if you mixed a Bulldog & a ****zou you'll get a Bull**** which is a word quite fitting for your story.

Comment

Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathalsmart View Post
                      And they kindly handed us their filler teams that SR,TOP 14, AP did not want. Thank you so much for your kindness SA!
                      Yap! Yap! Yap!

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                        They might, but can't see the IRFU liking it's Irish squad players having to put up with 2 long haul flights and associated travel time of 36+ hours in one weekend
                        I'd imagine it'll be scheduled so two European teams fly down to South Africa for 10 days and play alternate games against the two Saffer sides, then vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                          Yap! Yap! Yap!
                          Woof woof.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                            I'd imagine it'll be scheduled so two European teams fly down to South Africa for 10 days and play alternate games against the two Saffer sides, then vice versa.
                            Plus it will be only 3 away games every 2 seasons. I would have to imagine they will insist the Europeans made a max of one visit per year.

The Saffers will have it much tougher. They will likely play 3 away games in a row to minimise travel. It will be interesting to see where they base themselves. The obvious choice is London with most flights, but expensive. It would be great to see them base themselves in Amsterdam to see if it generates local interest. Great flight access.

Comment

Originally posted by Pony View Post
                              Plus it will be only 3 away games every 2 seasons. I would have to imagine they will insist the Europeans made a max of one visit per year.

The Saffers will have it much tougher. They will likely play 3 away games in a row to minimise travel. It will be interesting to see where they base themselves. The obvious choice is London with most flights, but expensive. It would be great to see them base themselves in Amsterdam to see if it generates local interest. Great flight access.
                              I used to fly there and back pretty regularly and it's not a bad trip at all. No jet lag.

The players will probably find it easier than it was in Super Rugby.

It'll be interesting to see if they play a few "home" games in London or somewhere. They'd have big support here.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                                I used to fly there and back pretty regularly and it's not a bad trip at all. No jet lag.

The players will probably find it easier than it was in Super Rugby.

It'll be interesting to see if they play a few "home" games in London or somewhere. They'd have big support here.
                                I wonder how the Premiership would react to Cheetahs versus Munster in in say Craven Cottage. Assuming they would need their permission?

Comment

Working...
                                X