The new PRO14 format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
    Will the two safer teams qualify for the Heineken Cup the following season? Are we going to be looking at a SA winner of europes premier Rugby competition down the road?
    They can't right now. Not part of current agreement etc. It is up in 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
      Will the two safer teams qualify for the Heineken Cup the following season? Are we going to be looking at a SA winner of europes premier Rugby competition down the road?
      I asked this in the beginning of the thread snd no one seems to know. I hope they genuinely come witj €6mln. Hard to see where it will come, seen how broke SARU is.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Munstersrebel View Post
        I asked this in the beginning of the thread snd no one seems to know. I hope they genuinely come witj €6mln. Hard to see where it will come, seen how broke SARU is.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
        Majority from tv deal in South Africa I believe.

Comment

This is like having Australia in the eurovision, totally devalues the meaning of the competition.

Comment

Sure why not
            clowns

Comment

Can't see how it will devalue the league, it all seems a bit random on first thought, but the extra revenue and expansion of coverage can't be a bad thing. The way the current league format was laid out with the playoffs at the end of the season wasn't the most exciting so at least this is something different.
              On the Munster pack: "Mothers keep their photo on the mantelpiece to stop the kids going too near the fire." - Jim Noilly, BBC TV (1995)

Comment

Originally posted by Cathalsmart View Post
                This is like having Australia in the eurovision, totally devalues the meaning of the competition.
                No, it's not even remotely like that

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
                When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Welcome aboard Saffers.
                  I am the million man.

Comment

I welcome the Saffers, throw in the Yanks and Canadians too, then the Welsh and Scots can feel free to piss off and join the English if they wish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

This has all the appearances of a desperate measure but sonetimes desperate measures are called for.

The existing Pro 12 countries need this to work even more than South Africa. I hope they are now doing everything possible to have the rules of the ECC changed so that a South African side can qualify as long as it finishes in the top 7 of the expanded Pro 14. A medium term objective should be to have the other 4 professional South African sides leave Super Rugby and join the league also.

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post
                        No, it's not even remotely like that

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
                        Yeah that's true, the Aussie's actally add something to the party in eurovision...in a league where alot of dead wood (Italian teams, Dragons, Edinburgh) needed to be cut we have decided to add even more crap to the pile, just what we needed.

Comment

Yeah that's true, the Aussie's actally add something to the party in eurovision...in a league where alot of dead wood (Italian teams, Dragons, Edinburgh) needed to be cut we have decided to add even more crap to the pile, just what we needed.
                          How many Super Rugby matches involving these two sides have you watched this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
                            How many Super Rugby matches involving these two sides have you watched this year?
                            A hell of alot more than you if you seriously think these teams will add anything to the league other than money.

Comment

A hell of alot more than you if you seriously think these teams will add anything to the league other than money.
                              Thats an amusing answer. Amusing and rubbish.

If you had watched them consistently you wouldn't be lumping both teams in together as one side is quite a bit better than the other.

But hey keep posting all that hysterical over reaction and negative rubbish if you wish.

I hope for your sake you are just on the wind up with these posts and that they are not actual reflections of your outlook.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
                                Thats an amusing answer. Amusing and rubbish.

If you had watched them consistently you wouldn't be lumping both teams in together as one side is quite a bit better than the other.

But hey keep posting all that hysterical over reaction and negative rubbish if you wish.

I hope for your sake you are just on the wind up with these posts and that they are not actual reflections of your outlook.
                                Better than the ****e you wrote, adding these mediocre SA teams that are at best fighting 5-8th spot does absolutely nothing for the league, but hey the sheep on this forum will side with you because your argument is against mine so what's the point on even wasting my time continuing? Any person with even half a fking brain can see this is a disaster waiting to happen, but hey I suppose you will have the balls to admit you were wrong when it does right like I do. I watch them both one is on the level of the Italian teams and one is on the level of the Blues/Edinburgh.

Comment

Working...
                                X