New coach search

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New coach search

So now that we know the lads are gone in december at the latest we need a new DOR & defense coach

Names being thrown out there at present are Wayne Smith, Rob Penney , Tony McGahan & Eddie O'Sullivan as interim coach from december.

Any thoughts ?

Smith I doubt wants to come here. Had an ok run with nz but that's pretty much it. Dumper no tyvm, Eod no thank you. For me leaves Penney. Another one Tony Brown his contract is up after this season. He could be in place mid September...

Comment

We don't need the instability of an interim coach. EOS would be a bad idea IMHO. Farrell could be an option but not sure the IRFU would sanction it. What a sh**show this 6 month clause is though. Plumtree would be my pick but we'd have to find a few bob down the back of the couch.

Comment

Originally posted by dubaicookie View Post
        We don't need the instability of an interim coach. EOS would be a bad idea IMHO. Farrell could be an option but not sure the IRFU would sanction it. What a sh**show this 6 month clause is though. Plumtree would be my pick but we'd have to find a few bob down the back of the couch.
        I imagine Rassie didn't come cheap...

Comment

Plumtree is unlikely - Penney likes Munster.

Comment

Penny,Smith,Henry,NZ SR coach. Anyone of these and I'm happy, my preference would be Wayne Smith.

Comment

Because we all knew who Rassie was and how good he was before he was appointed.

Walk slowly lads, the usual suspects might not actually get the gig. Again
              I am the million man.

Comment

What about Luke Fitzgerald? He doesn't have coaching experience as such, but he's an inciteful analyst. I'd be interested to see what he could do

Comment

No no no to Luke

Comment

Smith for me from the list above. Hopefully we don't go down the route of past appointments, they rarely work out.
                    "The PRO12 is our domestic league, it's what you earn your bread and butter from; it's what pays the bills. We need to broaden our emphasis and get an understanding in Irish rugby that the domestic league from now on is most important and that's what qualifies you now for Europe.'' Garrett Fitzgerald, CEO Munster

Comment

JJ as player coach.
                      When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post
                        JJ as player coach.
                        The klik would never allow that.

Mind you let him first get a starting place

Comment

Originally posted by KerryRed View Post
                          Smith for me from the list above. Hopefully we don't go down the route of past appointments, they rarely work out.
                          Declan Kidney????

Comment

Rarely... not always.
                            "The PRO12 is our domestic league, it's what you earn your bread and butter from; it's what pays the bills. We need to broaden our emphasis and get an understanding in Irish rugby that the domestic league from now on is most important and that's what qualifies you now for Europe.'' Garrett Fitzgerald, CEO Munster

Comment

Plus no stand out for me

Comment

Working...
                              X