New Signings and Departures 2017 - 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sepico View Post
    He wasn't in the squad at the weekend, is he injured?
    Yep. Shoulder AC tear apparently. Out for a few weeks.

Comment

Doesn't seem much point in keeping him offer there if he's injured for the remaining part of his contract. You would think that an agreement could be made for early release.

Comment

Seeing reports today that Beirne has signed for next year and that Adam Colemen (25 y.o. Wallaby and Western Force lock) could come with Wessels if Wessels does come here. Not sure if that is as a one-year replacement for GG or a longer term signing. While he seems like a very solid player I'm not sure I like the idea of having both JK and him on the books in terms of Ireland's world cup preparations. Hopefully it is a one-year stop gap until Beirne arrives.

Comment

Beirne is out of contract this summer.

Comment

Seeing reports today that Beirne has signed for next year and that Adam Colemen (25 y.o. Wallaby and Western Force lock) could come with Wessels if Wessels does come here. Not sure if that is as a one-year replacement for GG or a longer term signing. While he seems like a very solid player I'm not sure I like the idea of having both JK and him on the books in terms of Ireland's world cup preparations. Hopefully it is a one-year stop gap until Beirne arrives.

The IRFU werent all too worried about that when they didn't offer D Ryan a new contract.

Comment

Originally posted by rua13 View Post

The IRFU werent all too worried about that when they didn't offer D Ryan a new contract.

apart from everyone and their uncle - including ROG has came out and said that isn't the reason Ryan left.

Comment

If Beirne signing is announced then it might ease the potential to get him into Irish Camp this season
                I am the million man.

Comment

Three Red Kings suggesting on Twitter that Beirne to Munster is a done deal since about last June. Coming on for next season.

TRK not one to engage in signings gossip and idle chit chat. Great news

Comment

The article very loosely links Coleman with Wessels future.
                    If true, they would have Kleyn, Holland, Beirne (assuming) and Coleman as starting options when also trying to develop O'Shea, Wycherley, Coombes and O'Connor as locks. Just seems to be one too many.
                    If all starting options are fit who are you going to drop to the bench and who will not be in the match squad? Can't see Holland being dropped like that and certainly won't be Kleyn so why sign a fourth choice lock?

Comment

Originally posted by Lonstonitis View Post
                      The article very loosely links Coleman with Wessels future.
                      If true, they would have Kleyn, Holland, Beirne (assuming) and Coleman as starting options when also trying to develop O'Shea, Wycherley, Coombes and O'Connor as locks. Just seems to be one too many.
                      If all starting options are fit who are you going to drop to the bench and who will not be in the match squad? Can't see Holland being dropped like that and certainly won't be Kleyn so why sign a fourth choice lock?
                      Coleman and Beirne might not be in the same squad

i.e. Coleman this season, to Joker for Groblers' injury and Beirne next as a permanent move.

That would give Coleman the chance to get in the European shop window, Aussie rugby is not a happy place, there's a ****ton of money available in France and England for players.

Ultan Dillane is also milling around isnt his contract up next June with Connacht?
                      I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

i.e. Coleman this season, to Joker for Groblers' injury and Beirne next as a permanent move.

That would give Coleman the chance to get in the European shop window, Aussie rugby is not a happy place, there's a ****ton of money available in France and England for players.

Ultan Dillane is also milling around isnt his contract up next June with Connacht?
                        June2018.

Comment

I'd be looking to pair Beirne with Dillane and JK. They'd be 3 IQ locks soon enough. Wycherley, O'Shea, Holland all with plenty scope to play given the international pressures.

Comment

Originally posted by Swoosh View Post
                            I'd be looking to pair Beirne with Dillane and JK. They'd be 3 IQ locks soon enough. Wycherley, O'Shea, Holland all with plenty scope to play given the international pressures.
                            Bingo Bango. Plenty horse in that stable.
                            I am the million man.

Comment

I agree that it is more likely to be short term contract, but if we sign Colman it will be because of Wessels. A 15 time capped 25 year old Wallaby does not need Munster as a shop window. The only problem for him getting a contract in Eng/Fra would be that it is late in the day and squads are locked down. Another possibility is that we only have him until Feb and then he goes to Rebels for Super Rugby 2018.

Comment

Good point, I was assuming this was all next season speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X