Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post

are Cloete and Botha here next year?
    botha contracted to June 2020, Cloete two years longer, really hope he gets back to the level he was before his contact extension and injury.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

He can sometimes seem flustered, but has made big strides this year, albeit has dropped off a bit recently. That Racing back line, by contrast, has ice in its veins- but that is what we should be aspiring to, do fair point.
      I liked him didnt agree with a lof of the criticism he got here - but that 1 moment against Racing...Grrrrr.... maybe I'm too fickle.
      ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
      AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

I liked him didnt agree with a lof of the criticism he got here - but that 1 moment against Racing...Grrrrr.... maybe I'm too fickle.
        He seems to do a silly thing every do often, met him last year and he seemed a really young and enthusiastic guy- but it was a crass moment...really hope we don’t get distracted from developing Daly .. would make a magic 13.

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

i was a fan of Haley until the Racing game when towards the end of the first half he had men outside him and he kicked - I couldnt believe it. It was as if he lost his nerve and his belief and seemed to have just kicked away Munster's chance to rattle Racing. The contrast with Racing when they had a sniff seemed to show a gulf in belief (or maybe class).
          I think Haley is at his peak , he's a good player but he lacks vision. Saying that I'm not sure Gallagher is much better

Comment

He seems to do a silly thing every do often, met him last year and he seemed a really young and enthusiastic guy- but it was a crass moment...really hope we don’t get distracted from developing Daly .. would make a magic 13.
            What is great with Larkham there is he should spot where the talent lies and also help those guys a bit short on talent to drag themselves up a notch or two. Daly has done a few things that mark him out as better that most of the others in the bunch below the international backs(Earls Conway, Farrell).

I liked the look of Gallagher, but the last time I saw him (ddint see all the game) he looked very nervous and hesitant. Again surely Larkham must be running his eye over new recruits - so I remain optimistic. Casey, Daly and Healy and O'Sullivan nned to be getting serious game time in fairly strong teams to get a good chance of pressing for a starting slot.

As I mnetioned above good if someone in the know could rank the 3 Numbers 10s coming through - seems like really good talent there.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post

Damian De Allende a huge omen for the backs too
              Yes... Good or bad, we'll see. I am still sceptical.
              The Scots (originally Irish, but by now Scotch) were at this time inhabiting Ireland, having driven the Irish (Picts) out of Scotland; while the Picts (originally Scots) were now Irish (living in brackets) and vice versa. It is essential to keep these distinctions clearly in mind (and verce visa).

Comment

Originally posted by mac22 View Post

I think Haley is at his peak , he's a good player but he lacks vision. Saying that I'm not sure Gallagher is much better
                Well, there was a marked improvement on last year until Christmas, so am not sure about whether that is his peak or not- as AG said in other post, the reassuring thing is we have Larkham looking at, and looking after these guys, and am more than happy to back his judgement.

Comment

Me too- but having read some other stories in that particular paper I’d take it with a ton of salt otherwise. Seems somewhat surplus to requirements, With Haley, unless one or other is going to be a regular international.
                  Haley is seriously over-rated; he regularly runs up blind alleys and passing seems like a foreign concept to him - Kearney Lite.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardP View Post

Haley is seriously over-rated; he regularly runs up blind alleys and passing seems like a foreign concept to him - Kearney Lite.
                    Have to disagree- although I do see why you think that- it was true of some of his first season running, but I think his lines this year are far better.

Comment

Have to disagree- although I do see why you think that- it was true of some of his first season running, but I think his lines this year are far better.
                      I agree he runs better lines but he still holds on for too long and too much. His willingness to back himself is admirable, but often misplaced, optimism. Just my opinion of course :)

Comment

Jebus lads give the man a break. He’s young and improving all the time
                        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by RichardP View Post

I agree he runs better lines but he still holds on for too long and too much. His willingness to back himself is admirable, but often misplaced, optimism. Just my opinion of course :)
                          If only he had done that against Racing...

But yes - deserves a sustained run.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post

Exactly. Not a done deal then.
                            Can we shake hands now ?

Comment

Originally posted by mac22 View Post

Agree with you re Haley. Have you seen alot of Gallagher ?

Comment

Originally posted by JN.Allezdax.com View Post

Yes... Good or bad, we'll see. I am still sceptical.
                                Who exactly did you want?

Comment

Working...
                                X